The Front Porch in Summer

Pin on PinterestShare on FacebookTweet about this on TwitterShare on Google+

If you’ve followed my blog, even for a little while, you know I love fabric.
Totally LOVE it.
So I take every opportunity to switch things up
by recovering cushions,
changing window treatments,
adding pillows.
Whatever.

Since I got my new door color I had been looking
for something blue to recover my front porch cushions.
I found the perfect thing at JoAnn.
A new line of outdoor fabrics by Robert Allen.

It’s sort of a departure from my normal style.
Maybe a little more fun?

The flowers are from my garden.

I never met a stripe I didn’t like and this one on the pillows is no exception!

When I was making the piping I had some bias strips left over.
I glued them to a white lamp shade and wa-la. Instant color.

Just after Labor Day I change everything over to fall colors.
I can hardly wait…Thanks for stopping by.
Pin on PinterestShare on FacebookTweet about this on TwitterShare on Google+

1. Sue says

Ann, The porch is looking good. The blue striped fabric looks fresh! Wish I had a porch where I could sit and enjoy the summer. :-) Sue

2. Karie's Chic Creations says

Your porch is lovely. Love the colors of your pillows. I too love fabric! Thanks so much for sharing. Karie

3. Aarthi says

Hai Dear

you have a lovely blog…Please check out my blog..It is for food lovers and person who love to cook..You could find so many recipes that you can easily try at home..I update this blog on a regular basis…So please follow me and motivate me..Thank you

Aarthi

4. marty (A Stroll Thru Life) says

Your porch is wonderful and I love your new fabrics. Accenting the lamp is such a great idea also. It all looks so inviting. Thanks so much for joining TTT. Hugs, Marty

5. Alicia@ eco friendly homemaking says

Oh your porch is so pretty and I love the fabric you got for your pillows. It just shouts Summer!

6. Shelia says

What a beautiful front porch! Love your pretty cushions and the little table between your chairs with the lamp and flowers is so pretty.
    Be a sweetie,
    Shelia ;)

7. Stacey says

Ann -
    Looks so nice! The colors are so pretty – I am a fabric lover as well and your choices are very pretty! I like your new style! Enjoy your new set up – it looks like a great spot!
    Stacey of Embracing Change

8. Yvonne@StyleBurb says

I love Robert Allen fabrics too, Ann. Your new pillows have a fun and young vibe! Stripes are so versatile- they look great with almost every other pattern. I'm curious if you are able to use down inserts outside.

9. Terry says

Oh Ann, you are such a talented gal. I must try making my own bias tape. I love the fabric that you picked. This blue theme is looking so nice and fresh for you. Love it.

10. Jodi says

Ann~ I love the porch, so pretty and summery! :) I am in love with that stripe fabric; great choice, I am a sucker for stripes too!

Jodi

11. Heather says

Your porch looks great! I am trying to find some fabric to remake my front porch and haven't had luck so far. My front porch is painted green, with a black wood floor, red door and white trim. I am thinking that I may have to go black and white, but I'm not too excited about that. Anyway, I'll keep looking…

Also, love the way you added the bias trim to the lampshade. It's amazing how a little touch like that can look so spectacular! Great job!

12. KAT says

lovely! great cozy and creative look love the flowers and love the materials. BTW… Thanks for visiting my blog too! Loveland Ohio is about 30 min north of Cinci to the east a bit, right off of I-275. hubby works downtown and has found that sometimes it does take longer to get back and forth depending on the time of day LOL

13. Barbara Rosenzweig says

So inviting! I just want to transport myself to your bright and cheerful porch to have a tall glass of iced tea with you!

Happy 4th!
    Barb

14. Pamela says

Lovely fabric Ann!

I never got the chance to comment on the post about the exterior of your home. It is beautiful and exactly like the homes in the neighbourhood where i grew up!! My mom still lives there. It took me back. Too bad they don't have lovely homes like this here!

15. Pamela Gordon says

This is a perfect summer fabric with the pretty blues and I like that you added some to the lampshade. It looks very inviting for a glass of icedtea on a hot day. Enjoy!

16. Sanghamitra Bhattacherjee(Mukherjee) says

Beautiful porch! So fresh, so summery! I'm creazy about fabrics too! Lovely bright colours here!
    Happy Forth of July!
    Hope to see you on my blog:)

17. Teresa@oursoutherncountryhomeandfarm says

You have it looking so pretty! But, now that you mentioned fall, and changing things up, I am ready to drag my fall decor out and get started. It is my favorite time of the year!

18. ♥ Miss Tea says

I'm crazy about fabrics too, and your pillow cushions are so adorable, the fabric u used is so fun! love your front porch too, i can imagine myself sitting there, gorgeous lampshade and the flowers is a lovely touch!

I'm blog hopping from homemakeronadime, your newest follower :)

Susan at http://tea-diary.blogspot.com

19. Chari at Happy To Design says

Hi Ann…

My friend, you are one of the most talented seamstresses and designers that I know! I love your new porch cushions! Beautiful blues!!! The stripe and floral fabrics really are fun! What a warm and inviting front porch! Thank you for sharing it with us!

Warmest summery wishes,
    Chari

20. Tanna at The Brick Street Bungalow says

LOVE the fabrics, the flowers and the whole dang look, Ann!! Great job! Crisp and cool for summertime fun! blessings ~ tanna

21. ℳartina @ Northern Nesting says

Ann love the fabric, your porch looks wonderful!! I bet you spend a lot of time out their, I know I would! Martina

22. ⚜ ↁℯℬℬᴵℰ⚜ says

I love this Ann..I love fabric and I love color. Your lampshade embellishment is the perfect touch. Thanks for sharing. Have a wonderful 4th!

23. Crystal @ Ordinary Days says

The fabric looks great! Love your front porch. Everything looks so pretty and charming. :)

Visiting from Debbiedoos Newbie party!

24. Andrea@ourbluefrontdoor says

You do have an eye for the most beautiful fabrics. Love the blue and green…they look awesome with your new door!!
    Awesome front porch, so inviting too..have a great 4th of July

25. Doreen Grace says

Bright & beautiful with the vivid punches of color in the cushions. This looks like a lovely place to sit and sip a glass of tea. Thanks for sharing your lovely porch. :)

26. Kim @ Cheap Chic Home says

I absolutely love your fabrics, such a nice contrasting mix. I like the bit of extra you added to your lamp, a nice custom touch :).