Life Interrupted…

Life On Sutton Place has been somewhat interrupted. Since the storms last Friday we have had no power or phone service. We were told it could be Saturday before we are restored. Ugh…but I’m in a much better situation than some so I’m not complaining. We moved into my father-in-law’s empty condo and are so grateful for air conditioning and a refrigerator! I am returning home every morning to try and make progress on the clean-up. Slow-going for sure.

I’m trying to keep busy and this afternoon that included reading the latest issue of

In their New + Next section right there under Summer Threads they mentioned new designs and colors at Dash & Albert Rug Company.

So off I went to their website…and I saw this.

Love at first sight.

It’s called Canary Yellow. If things go well this month in my Etsy shop I may just have to get this for my entry.

I’ve got some projects half-finished. As soon as I’m able to return home I’ll be back with some new stuff. See you soon.

(P. S. Sure wish I was compensated for my opinions here but I was not. Just thought I’d share the love.)

I am so glad that you and your family are okay. That kind of storm
    can really disrupt life.

I have one Dash and Albert … it is lime green and blue. This
    yellow one is beautiful, too. Alexandra Stoddard says “every
    room needs some yellow.”

I am so sorry to hear that you’ve been part of that major storm that came through. How scary! Glad that you are ok. i guess I won’t complain about the heat since others don’t even have power right now. Hope everything gets back to normal for you soon.

How wonderful that you have a place to stay. We are finally getting some rain…on the one day I didn’t want it. Put off mowing the lawn thinking our heat wave would continue. Well, it did but with rain attached. Hope your electric gets restored in short order– ugh- xo Diana

Since I live in Hurricane Alley (southeast Florida) I understand your pain this week all too well. Stay cool, drink plenty of water and give those power guys a nice was and a thank you as they pass you going to and from their repair work! :)

Thank heavens you have a cool place to be. My heart goes out to all those people who are enduring this heat without air conditioning! We had a storm blow through here yesterday afternoon. All wind here but no rain to speak of. The wind blew over some of the tomato cages, and we were not able to salvage the plants. But that’s ok-we have plenty of tomatoes. There are many in our area without power today. On a happier note, I think the yellow rug will look spectacular in your entry.

I’m so glad y’all are safe, Ann. So many out there are without power. Our son and dil and two little grands were without power for about 24 hours. Thank God they got power yesterday morning at 6 am. A lot of folks near them are still without power. Take care, Babs

7. FABBY says

Aren’t you blessed to be at a comfortable home until you resume life back home! God bless so many people that are going thru so much. I love yellow and the canary one for your rug is great! Keep safe my friend. Happy 4th. of July even so.
    FABBY

So sorry to hear about your electric outage. I love the canary yellow rug. I have a striped one from Dash & Albert and really love it! Glad you are safe! Happy 4th!

Hi Ann! Oh, so glad to hear you’re safe! Those storms have looked so scary watching them on TV.
    Now about the new colors – does this mean my avocado green bathtub is back in style.
    Have a wonderful 4th.
    Be a sweetie,
    Shelia ;)

10. kara.dotso says

Very glad to hear that you are safe and sound. We experienced lots of wind from that storm, but didn’t get any rain until late last night (plus lots and lots of wind). Only minor damage here, thank goodness. Stay safe and cool! Love the rug, by the way :)

What weird weather, all over – we’ve been reading about the power outages and terrible storms. I’m glad you’re safe and comfy while you wait things out……and you’re putting your time to good use, finding new ideas!