A Different Kind of August

August has arrived On Sutton Place. This year it’s decidedly different than years past. I have a whole month more to enjoy summer.

I’m not gearing up for another school year…instead I’m growing my garden and my business.

My Etsy shop is one year old. I worked almost every day in July either sewing or handling the business aspects of my shop. My first month as a full time shop owner has proven to be a success. I was able to pay myself as much as I was bringing home from my previous job.

I still can hardly believe it.

I’m excited for what’s to come. I have a head full of ideas for fall and holiday items for my shop.

New fabrics and new designs.

Thank you to anyone who has offered a kind word…

commented on my blog…

purchased something from my shop.

I appreciate you all.

I’m getting ready to send out my first newsletter to celebrate my first year as a shop owner.

If you hurry and sign up (on my sidebar) you will get my celebratory coupon code

that I’m including in the email.

It’s my way of saying “thank you.”

1. laurie says

I knew you would be a success, such beautiful work you do, such a talent you are.I can’t believe its been a year, I remember when you opened, thats amazing! Best wishes for another year of success,

That is so wonderful and I am so happy to hear it! All the products in your shop look amazing so I am not surprised.

Also, love the pictures of your black-eyed susans and the flag… simple summer beauty!

That is so awesome, doing, and prospering at something you love! And you are so very talented, it’s no wonder! Congrats!!! :)

Your flowers are beautiful, too! Love the sunflowers!

HI Ann! I’m so proud for you. Your work is just so pretty! I’ve signed up for your newsletter! Yippee!
    Thanks for popping in to see me.
    be a sweetie,
    Shelia ;)

A BIG huge congratulations!!! I am super excited for you! I’m sure this exceeds your wildest dreams for the first few months. But it does sound like you are still “working”. Building your business hasn’t happened without a lot of hard work on your part, I’m sure. But I’m so happy to hear that it is successful and soon I’m sure, you will be doubling your profits.
    Your black eyed susans are gorgeous, you have quite a spread of them.
    Have a wonderful evening and weekend ahead.
    I am now officially back to blogging, so hopefully I will be over to visit more often.
    Love and hugs, Cindy

Ann, I am so excited about the success of your Etsy shop. Isn’t it a wonderful feeling that your summer days aren’t numbered? You will probably feel a little displaced when school starts, but that will soon be over. I signed up for your newsletter!

I’m sure you are jumping for joy! Congratulations on all you’ve accomplished!
    Cheers!,
    Barbara

Congratulations, Ann. I am so happy for you. And, I am not one bit surprised. You have a special gift for creating beauty. I’m looking forward to seeing all you have planned.