A Different Kind of August

August has arrived On Sutton Place. This year it’s decidedly different than years past. I have a whole month more to enjoy summer.

I’m not gearing up for another school year…instead I’m growing my garden and my business.

My Etsy shop is one year old. I worked almost every day in July either sewing or handling the business aspects of my shop. My first month as a full time shop owner has proven to be a success. I was able to pay myself as much as I was bringing home from my previous job.

I still can hardly believe it.

I’m excited for what’s to come. I have a head full of ideas for fall and holiday items for my shop.

New fabrics and new designs.

Thank you to anyone who has offered a kind word…

commented on my blog…

purchased something from my shop.

I appreciate you all.

I’m getting ready to send out my first newsletter to celebrate my first year as a shop owner.

If you hurry and sign up (on my sidebar) you will get my celebratory coupon code

that I’m including in the email.

It’s my way of saying “thank you.”

1. laurie says

I knew you would be a success, such beautiful work you do, such a talent you are.I can’t believe its been a year, I remember when you opened, thats amazing! Best wishes for another year of success,

That is so wonderful and I am so happy to hear it! All the products in your shop look amazing so I am not surprised.

Also, love the pictures of your black-eyed susans and the flag… simple summer beauty!

That is so awesome, doing, and prospering at something you love! And you are so very talented, it’s no wonder! Congrats!!! :)

Your flowers are beautiful, too! Love the sunflowers!

HI Ann! I’m so proud for you. Your work is just so pretty! I’ve signed up for your newsletter! Yippee!
    Thanks for popping in to see me.
    be a sweetie,
    Shelia ;)

A BIG huge congratulations!!! I am super excited for you! I’m sure this exceeds your wildest dreams for the first few months. But it does sound like you are still “working”. Building your business hasn’t happened without a lot of hard work on your part, I’m sure. But I’m so happy to hear that it is successful and soon I’m sure, you will be doubling your profits.
    Your black eyed susans are gorgeous, you have quite a spread of them.
    Have a wonderful evening and weekend ahead.
    I am now officially back to blogging, so hopefully I will be over to visit more often.
    Love and hugs, Cindy

Ann, I am so excited about the success of your Etsy shop. Isn’t it a wonderful feeling that your summer days aren’t numbered? You will probably feel a little displaced when school starts, but that will soon be over. I signed up for your newsletter!

I’m sure you are jumping for joy! Congratulations on all you’ve accomplished!
    Cheers!,
    Barbara

Congratulations, Ann. I am so happy for you. And, I am not one bit surprised. You have a special gift for creating beauty. I’m looking forward to seeing all you have planned.

9. Anne Boykin says

Hi, Ann, I’m so glad things are going so well for you. You obviously have worked hard and I hope it’s been fun too. I’m looking forward to seeing your future projects. I love your etsy shop!

10. Donna says

That is fantastic Ann! I love it when people such as yourself are able to transition from one job into another and find success and happiness. Great story.

11. MariaElena says

Ann, I am so very happy for you! Your shop is beautiful and I wish you much success in the future! And,, by the way, your flowers look amazing!!!

Ann,

So happy for you! Your items are beautiful. It’s so great that you are doing so well with your shop. Thank you so much for stopping by! I so appreciate your visits.

So happy that you’re doing something that you love! You’re design talent,workmanship, and great business sense really make your shop and products a huge success. Congrats! I’m on your mailing list and I’m looking forward to all that you’re planning!

14. Sandy says

Ann, you know August is a fabulous month this year for my husband and me too. It’s the first time we’re not setting up our classrooms. We are looking forward to travel during the months of Sept. and Oct.
    I have followed your blog almost since day one. Love it and love your Etsy shop.
    My best wishes to you for another successful year at all your endeavors.
    By the way, my dad turned 92 today and still calls me his #1 daughter.

Ann, I am so happy for your wonderful success that your Etsy shop is. You so deserve to reap all those rewards. Way to go. BTW, your flowers look so beautiful.

Ann, congratulations on your 1 year anniversary of owning you’re Etsy shop. Wonderful news!

I also signed up for the newsletter.

You are such a talented person and I love the items that I purchase from you. I get a lot of comments on them!

P.s. your brown-eyed Susan’s are gorgeous.

Oh Ann! How absolutely exciting for you! I always knew you’d be successful and I love hearing that you are. Keep up the good work, I’m cheering for you. Enjoy your August !

Ann, I’m thrilled that things are going great with your Etsy shop and that you’re enjoying working from home. Great job and your plants look so good. I should have tied up my sedum, or cut them back in June. Mine are flopping all over the place.
    Hugs,
    Babs

Ann, I had no doubt that you would be wildly successful! You have a very special gift to create such beauty. I pray that you continue to have joy and success! I have loved everything I have purchased from Sutton Place! When you are ready… let’s talk giveaway!

Just signed up for your direct link coupon codes and info – and Ann, honestly, I am so truly and most sincerely happy for you! I wish you every success – and look forward to getting Findley gal down to C-bus for a visit- hopefully soon!

BIG HUGS,