Well…the cans of pumpkin I bought last month are now officially gone.
I’m fresh out of pumpkin recipes but I’m thinking I saved the best for last.
Cream cheese can only make a recipe better…right? Here you go!
- 8 oz. cream cheese at room temp.
- 1 egg
- 1 t. vanilla
- 3 T. brown sugar
- 5 T. flour
- 5 T. white sugar
- ¾ t. cinnamon
- 3 T. butter at room temp.
- 3 T. toasted chopped pecans (optional)
- 2½ c. flour
- 2 c. white sugar
- 2 t. baking powder
- 2 t. cinnamon
- ¼ t. salt
- 2 eggs
- 1⅓. c. pumpkin
- ⅓. c. canola oil
- 2 t. vanilla
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Grease and flour 18 muffin cups.
- Beat cream cheese until soft.
- Add egg, vanilla and brown sugar.
- Beat until smooth. Set aside.
- Mix flour, sugar, cinnamon and pecans.
- Add butter and cut in with a fork until crumbly.
- Set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl combine flour, sugar, baking powder, cinnamon and salt.
- Make a well in the center of the flour mixture and gradually incorporate eggs, pumpkin, oil and vanilla.
- Beat until smooth.
- Fill cups with pumpkin mixture ½ full.
- Carefully add one T. cream cheese mixture right in the middle of the muffin cups.
- I used a pastry bag but a ziploc bag with the corner cut off works just as good.
- Sprinkle on the streusel topping.
- Bake 20 – 25 min.
The only thing I would do differently is squirt the cream cheese mixture more into the center of the muffin cup.
These had great texture and were so moist. Definitely worth the time to make them from scratch.
Happy Sunday to you all. Those in the path of Sandy have my prayers and good thoughts. Stay safe.
If you like this recipe hit the Google +1 button right below this post!
Wow Us Wednesdays at Savvy Southern Style
Farmgirl Friday at Hibiscus House