When I was growing up, my Mom made chili like this…with no beans. Just pasta.
I know some of you are probably thinking “What? chili without beans?” It’s awesome though.
Good for you.
Here’s how you do it…
- Olive Oil
- Small sweet onion, chopped
- 1 lb. ground chuck
- 26 oz. can Campbell’s tomato soup
- ½ can water
- 14.5 can crushed or diced tomatoes
- 1½ c. tomato juice
- 2 t. chili powder
- 1 c. mini pasta
- Swirl olive oil in a soup pot. Add onion and cook for a few minutes.
- Add ground chuck. Cook until done.
- At this point you can drain your meat if desired.
- Add tomato soup, water, tomatoes, tomato juice.
- Bring to a boil.
- Add chili powder and pasta.
- Simmer for 1 hour.
- If it’s too thick you can add more tomato juice.
- Serve with shredded cheese.
- Can be easily doubled.
This is a perfect recipe to serve to young children. It’s not too spicy and you can use some sort of fun pasta.
My mom cooked dinner every single night when we (I have 3 brothers) were growing up. I have no idea how she did it either. We were 6 people living on one income, with one car and one TV that got 3 channels. I can close my eyes and see my family sitting around our table. My dad on one end and my mom on the other. Life was good.
Uncommonly Yours at Uncommon Designs
Wow Us Wednesdays at Savvy Southern Style
What’s Shakin’ at Shaken Together