Christmas 2012 ~ The Front Porch

Hey everyone…hope you all had a good (and relaxing) weekend! We’re having crazy warm weather again so I popped outside and brought a little Christmas cheer to my front porch.

The sitting area, at this time of year, is really just for show. I turn on the lamp at night and with the other white lights it’s very cozy from the curb.

Nothing is new. The pillows are from my Christmas line in my Etsy shop.

These neutral little pillow covers go with anything. The homespun plaid I used for the bigger pillow covers is amazingly neutral, yet festive at the same time. Of all the fabric I have in my shop, this is one of my favorites.

This Santa is one of my most treasured Christmas pieces from many years ago.  I went through a phase where I bought anything depicting two children…one boy and one girl. My kids will have to fight over this one!

I’m doing pretty good at my neutral and natural Christmas theme…as well as using things I already have.

I sort of feel like Mary Poppins, in one of the nursery scenes, where she keeps pulling items out of her satchel. I just go to my garage, dig around in the bins, and come in with something old and wonderful.

Our Homespun Christmas Link Party continues this week with Anita at Cedar Hill Ranch. Her theme is anything handmade for the holidays. Her linky goes live on Thursday, December 6th at 8 pm EST.

On to decking the rest of my halls!

Linking to:

Savvy Southern Style

Ann, Your porch is darling. Love your Christmas pillows and the homespun plaid. The little Christmas vignette with the lantern is so cute. .I know about having things from long ago..especially Santas.
    Babs

Beautiful, Ann!!! Makes me want to pop over for a visit, sit on your porch with you and a cup of coffee and chat for a while. Very relaxing! Thanks for sharing your wonderful pillow, too. Love it all!

Just stopping by from the WOW party to see your front porch. I love those pillows and everything you have done reminds me of a simple country Christmas. I love it!

AnnI loved seeing all of your pretty pillow designs in your shop. You porch looks so inviting and *pretty* I wish I had the time to participate in some of these Christmas linkies, but unfortunately I’m barely keeping my head above water right now!

xo,
    RJ

I love your porch, Ann, I want to come over and sit on it for a spell. I hope you don’t mind. Haha! It’s actually warm enough where you are to sit there too. Not here, it’s below freezing, but the wind is blowing fiercely.
    Have a good week!
    Cindy

It was 70 degrees in Chicago yesterday … perfect porch weather.

My favorite of all … the O Holy Night pillow … so lovely.

My daughters, sometimes think I am Mary Poppins, pulling things out of my magic bag.

Merry Christmas, Ann.

Fondly,
    Glenda

Your porch is so pretty!! Love your pillows!! Do you have a sewing/embroidery machine? I used to work at a sewing shop and we sold them. I had one for years, but went up to a small professional embroidery machine…and recently got a new sewing machine.
    ~Cindy

Ann I am in love with those pillows, they are perfect!! such a pretty porch and very inviting and cozy. I love a lamp on a front porch I have had one on my porch for a long time too!! Merry Christmas to YOU, Miss Merry Poppins!! xo

Your porch looks so pretty all cozied up with pillows and a lamp. We’ve had unusually warm weather for this time of year too. I’ve been wearing short sleeves all week. Crazy huh? I don’t think we’re going to have a white Christmas this year! LOL

10. Rondell says

Warm here too Anne but only supposed to be in the high 30’s tomorrow. I love your porch so very well put together and I love the lamp on the porch too. I’m doing good too buy using what I have and not bringing out more from the basement, feels really good this year to do that!

Ann.- I love your porch and those pillows are just spectacular. I am wondering what kind of machine you use to get that kind of professional looking embroidery. You do a wonderful job. xo Diana

Ann, it has been so unseasonably warm that you could probably sit in those rockers on your porch and sip some iced tea! Everything on your porch does look so cozy, especially with your marvelous pillows. I’m thinking about ordering one but I just can’t decide on which one because I like them all! I’ve started decorating our front porch and I need to finish today before the cold weather blows back in!