- 1 c. butter
- 1/4 t. salt (omit if using salted butter)
- 1 c. powdered sugar – divided
- 2 t. fresh grated lemon peel
- 2 c. all purpose flour
- Preheat oven to 350.
- In mixing bowl beat butter and salt (if using) until fluffy.
- Mix in 1/2 c. powdered sugar and lemon peel.
- Add the flour, mixing until well combined.
- If dough is a bit dry, quarter your lemon and squeeze juice of one quarter into dough.
- Form into 1 in. balls or drop onto cookie sheet with teaspoon cookie scoop.
- Bake 12 minutes. Cookies should be very light brown on the bottom.
- Let cool on baking sheet for 3 min. after removing from oven.
- Move cookies to a piece of newspaper.
- Put remaining 1/2 c. powdered sugar in a flour sifter and generously sprinkle on slightly warm cookies.
- Let cool. Sprinkle with edible glitter or sanding sugar if desired.
I also added the fresh lemon juice. When I mixed up my dough it was a little dry. The lemon juice really brightened the taste and took care of the dry dough.
Next up is Starbuck’s Lemon Loaf. I can hardly wait!