Up today is a Lemon recipe that’s actually NOT a dessert. It’s Meyer Lemon Pasta and it just might be the perfect side dish for chicken or fish. I know…I know. The desserts are so, so yummy.
I wanted to include this pasta recipe, found on the blog In Erika’s Kitchen, because when I think of lemon I don’t usually think of pasta.
But it works.
It’s easy too with just a few ingredients.
The original recipe called for goat cheese. Honestly, I just don’t like it. So I substituted cottage cheese, which I love. Ricotta would work well too. If you are a goat cheese lover, by all means go for it.
- ½ lb. pasta (I used Cavatappi but you could use anything.)
- 1 Meyer Lemon
- ½ c. grated Parmesan
- 2 oz. ricotta or cottage cheese
- ¼ c. olive oil
- salt and pepper
- Bring a pot of water to boil. Add salt and pasta. Cook to Al Dente.
- While the pasta is cooking, grate the zest of the lemon into a large bowl.
- Add the juice of half the lemon.
- (You can add more juice at the end of you want more flavor.)
- Add the cheeses, olive oil, pinch of salt and several grinds of fresh pepper.
- Add a small ladle of pasta water and whisk until smooth.
- When pasta is cooked, drain and add to the lemon mixture.
- Toss and serve.
Once you add the pasta, the cheeses continue to melt and the pasta becomes nicely coated.
A little tangy…a little salty…a whole lot of taste.
To check out the other lemon recipes I’ve posted just click on the image below.