Jane Austen Quote Printable

Pin on PinterestShare on FacebookTweet about this on TwitterShare on Google+

Jane Austen Quote Printable ~ free and ready for instant downloadI have a confession.

Not anything earth shattering or juicy…sorry.

Truth be told I really don’t enjoy Valentine’s Day.  I think it goes back to my high school years and the few years after that. I was, and still am, pretty shy. As my kids would say, I’m not a social butterfly. Those high school years were at times, for me, quite painful. Even though years and years have passed, I can still feel the loneliness in my heart sometimes. I can close my eyes and see the buckets of roses lined up in my high school office, every year on Valentine’s Day. Roses that were bought mostly by boys, for girls…but never for me.

Things turned around when I was about 20. I dated quite a bit and eventually met my husband. Those earlier years and that sadness faded away…almost. I think certain times in our lives define us more than others. I have refused to let those years define me. They wouldn’t warrant even a chapter in my life story. However, the memory of that time resurfaces every year on February 14th. Valentine’s Day is still, to this day, one I wish I could skip.

So when I was trying to think of ways to bring Valentine’s Day into my home, I knew it wouldn’t be hearts and cupids. Just not me. So I came up with these printables…my favorite Jane Austen quote in two different colors.

Free Printables featuring a beloved Jane Austen quote available in 2 colors. Ready to print and frame!

Click to download the Jane Austen quote in pink.

Click here to download the Jane Austen quote in blue.

(Heart graphics by Angie Makes & Co.)

When February 14th rolls around I will most likely be spending it like any other day. It works for me and at my age, that’s all that counts. Here’s a shot of my little Valentine…the best one I’ve ever had!

Kelly the blog dog from On Sutton Place

signaturenewwreath

Pin on PinterestShare on FacebookTweet about this on TwitterShare on Google+

1. Babs says

We don’t make a big deal about Valentine’s Day either. We exchange cards and I might make a special dessert, but that’s about it. I love the Jane Austen quote, and the toile mat. Actually, I think it’s perfect for Valentine’s Day or any day.
    Your Kelly is so sweet…what a little love.
    Hugs,
    Babs

2. Cynthia says

Great saying, we don’t fuss over Valentines Day either. My husband and know we love each other after 25 years. The dog looks so cute in that picture.

Cynthia

3. Andrea Schuneman says

Thank you for sharing your heart. I feel the same way about Valentine’s day.
    My feeling is I don’t need a holiday to tell my loved one how much I love them.
    I do it daily!!
    My daughter just said the other day she wished she wasn’t alone(had a boyfriend) on this
    Holiday. She’s going through the same thing with seeing all the others get flowers, etc..

Have a great week!!
    Andrea xxoo

4. Helen says

Ann, I really admire your sewing abilities…love the runner and the print. Thanks for always sharing with us. You’re a very talented and thoughtful lady. Thanks, Helen

5. bj says

Ahhh, I love this print out. Thanks so much , dear one..
    I don’t get all mushy about Valentine’s Day, either…I don’t even decorate for it….but, I AM going to print this cutie….
    xo bj

6. Louise W. says

Hi Anne,
    First off, I adore your blog! I know how high school memories can hold some uncomfortable feelingsfor many. After visiting your bolg,I see you have a lovely family,a beautiful home and an adorable pup..many of those high school girls that received the roses may not ever have gottten what you have, Valentine’s day is just that.. a day!

7. Pat says

I used to do a lot for Valentine’s Day when my kids were young and the same for the grands. I still put together a little “Love” package for them but that’s it. I’m thinking about having a brunch this year for a few friends…all single ladies. :)

I love that you bought yourself the white tulips! Hey, if no one brings us flowers, we should do it for ourselves. :) Your quote is beautiful ~ thank you for sharing!

Can’t wait to see what else you add to the shop. The runner is very pretty!

xo
    Pat

8. Ricki Jill Treleaven says

Although I had many boyfriends growing up, it seems I never had one around Valentine’s Day, LOL! And when you marry a guy from New Orleans, Valentine’s is always overshadowed by Mardi Gras, anyway (which is WAY more fun ;)

Cute printable. Thank-you, and you do indeed have the sweetest little Valentine! (Love that photo of Kelly!)

9. Cindy says

That’s a lovely quote, and you’re not alone when it comes to Valentines Day. I don’t decorate for it, I always have a few hearts around. I didn’t “date” until I was 18 and I married him, big mistake, but that’s another story. My hubby gives me flowers, chocolates and sweet cards and I give him cards, but it’s not an important day so far as I’m concerned.
    What has made it special, though, was that nine years ago my youngest granddaughter was born on that day. She’s the best valentines gift ever! Beth is my Valentine from God.
    Hugs, Cindy

10. Denise T says

Thank you so much for this meaningful gift. I want to share my thoughts in regards to Valentine’s Day . I think the holiday itself should not be meant to be just a special day, the tenderness of heart and kindness should be a big part in our ordinary every day life. They are more meaningful this way.

11. Keeping It Cozy says

I like your sweet and simple touch of Valentine’s Day! This year is probably the most I’ve ever looked forward to Valentine’s Day… because of Jillian. :-) We’ve been reading some Valentine’s Day books and plan on sending out some Valentine’s Day cards to her cousins and friends. But it’s usually a pretty ordinary day for us too. :-) (Although Jillian has requested cookies and punch – ha!)

12. Shannon @ A Cozy Place Called Home says

Hi Ann, I think we all celebrate some holidays more than others and it’s ok to choose which ones are more meaningful than others. I happen to “love” Valentine’s Day but do not care so much for Saint Patrick’s Day or Halloween. That’s just me. Your framed quote and beautiful tulips look simply elegant on that table. Your “best valentine” looks all comfy and cozy probably realizing the special place in your heart just for her. Have a great week! Shannon

13. Jessica @ Simply Jessabells says

Thank you for sharing your story and your beautiful quote. I am not so big into Valentine’s Day either. I have been married for a very long time and well I it is so much more special when you are dating and such. We treat it like any other day too. Love is everyday, not just one day a year IMO.

14. Nancy B says

Thank you so much for this lovely Valentine gift. So unexpected which is what make it so special. I can relate to your Valentine’s Day feelings. Mine are about New Years Eve when I would always be babysitting and feeling terribly lonely knowing EVERYBODY else was out partying. Now I know better!

15. Grace @ sense and simplicity says

Valentine’s Day wouldn’t be much of a big deal around here either if we hadn’t got married on that day (it was the first Saturday of Reading Week). I put a few hearts out and make something heart =-shaped for dessert and that is it. High school can be such a rotten time – I can see why it has spoiled Valentine’s Day for you, but I like your take on it with the quotation and the mat and flowers.

16. Pondside says

I made a fuss about Valentine’s day when the kids were little – heart shaped cookies, cake and lots of decorations. Nowadays I don’t do anything at all, beyond buying some red, pink and white jelly beans. Thanks for the printable quote – I may just make up a card for my daughter with it.