Welcome to my second installment for February’s Fresh Flavor…Orange. This dish is one I have never made and actually never even heard of, but when I was searching orange recipes it came up over and over again.
After seeing it pop up several times I decided that it had to be good. The recipe I used was from sixsistersstuff.com. I followed it almost exactly. The only thing I left out were bananas…which they said to add right before serving.
- One large box Cook and Serve Vanilla Pudding
- One large box orange Jello (I used sugar-free)
- 2 c. water
- 1 16 oz. Cool Whip (I used Lite)
- 1/2 bag mini marshmallows
- 1 can pineapple tidbits, partially drained
- 1 can mandarin oranges, partially drained
- Any size cans of fruit can be used depending on your preference. I used the large cans.
- Mix together pudding, jello and water in a sauce pan over medium heat.
- Bring to a boil stirring often.
- Remove from heat and pour into the bowl of a standing mixer.
- Refrigerate one hour.
- Beat on high 5 – 6 minutes until creamy.
- Fold in Cool Whip, marshmallows and fruit.
- Transfer to glass bowl or trifle dish. Chill before serving.
This is one of those dishes that is refreshing and can be used for a salad or a dessert. I adored it. In fact…it was so good I found myself sneaking helpings until it was gone. I did share some of it. I took a container to my parents and gave a little to my neighbor but I am guilty of eating the rest.
This recipe reminds me of something you would take to a potluck dinner or picnic. I’m sure you could switch up the flavors and colors as well. I think it would be delicious with strawberry jello and fresh strawberries along with the pineapple. You could garnish it with blueberries and have a lovely patriotic addition to a 4th of July picnic. I have a feeling this Fluff recipe is going to start appearing at Drake family events. At least that way I won’t end up eating the whole thing myself!