If I had to pick my favorite kind of dessert, it most likely would not be cake. I am really more of a pie girl…but this recipe for Lime Cake with White Chocolate Frosting just might change my taste buds! It’s an easy-to-mix-up recipe and so moist it practically melts in your mouth. Once again, as with the other Fresh Flavor recipes, the best part was zesting the lime. Yummo.
The original recipe is from Paula Deen but I think the version I made is a bit different. I used a 9 x 13 pan and her recipe called for 3 round pans to make a 3 layer cake. Honestly, that’s just too much work so I opted for a sheet cake!
- 1½ c. butter softened
- 1¾ c. sugar
- 2 T. lime zest
- 3 eggs
- ¼ c. fresh lime juice
- 3 c. cake flour
- 1 t. baking soda
- 1½ c. buttermilk
- 6 oz. white chocolate baking squares (I used Ghiradelli)
- ½ c. whipping cream
- 1½ sticks butter softened
- 1 t. vanilla
- 5 c. powdered sugar
- Preheat oven to 350. Prepare 3 round cake pans or one 9 x 13.
- In large bowl beat butter, sugar and lime zest.
- Beat in eggs one at a time, scraping the bowl after every addition.
- Beat in juice.
- In separate bowl whisk cake flour and baking soda. Gradually add to butter mixture alternately with buttermilk beginning and ending with flour mixture.
- Pour into prepared pan(s.)
- Bake 18 – 20 min. for round pans and 30 min. for 9 x 13 or until a wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Cool completely.
- In a glass bowl combine chocolate and whipping cream. Microwave in 30 second intervals, stirring in between, until chocolate is melted and creamy.
- In a large bowl combine chocolate mixture with butter and vanilla, Beat until smooth. Gradually add powdered sugar until fluffy.
Don’t forget that Andrea at Keeping It Cozy is hosting a grain sack giveaway from my Etsy shop. No hoops to jump through. Just visit her blog and leave a comment. I would love for one of my readers to win.
Thanks for stopping by!