I am trying SOOOO hard to find inspiration so I can get in the mood for spring. It hasn’t been easy but I did come up with this cute DIY Burlap Easter Bunny Pillow cover that’s quick and actually quite fun. This is a no sew craft too which means anyone can do it. No excuses! Here’s what you need: Pillow cover, 12 in. x 12 in. piece of burlap, Wonder Under, bunny template and embellishments for the tail. You’ll also need scissors, an iron and a glue gun. Source links are listed at the end of the post. 1. Download and print the template. (Template link is with the sources at the end of the post.)
2. Cut out the template. (I printed mine on card stock so it was easier to trace around.) 3. Cut a piece of Wonder Under about the size of your piece of burlap. Follow the package directions and fuse the Wonder Under to the burlap with a hot iron. Let it cool.
3. Cut a piece of Wonder Under about the size of your piece of burlap. Follow the package directions and fuse the Wonder Under to the burlap with a hot iron. Let it cool.
4. Trace two bunnies (mirror images) on the Wonder Under side of the burlap and cut out.
5. Peel the backing off the bunnies.
6. Press your pillow cover so there are no folds or wrinkles. On your ironing board, place the bunnies on the pillow cover. Carefully iron them until they are adhered to the pillow cover.
7. Attach the tail embellishments with a glue gun.
When I was shopping for this project, I had not found the bunny template yet. In my mind I thought the bunnies would be smaller so I chose the smaller flowers for the tails. You could absolutely use something bigger and in fact it would probably look better. I love the way the bunnies match the jute trim of the pillow cover. These pillow covers come in a few different colors but they all have the jute trim. This is a simple yet sweet project that takes less than 30 minutes. I’ve listed all the sources right here: (some are affiliate links)
- Pillow Cover
- Wonder Under
- Burlap Flowers for tail
- 18 in. down pillow insert (set of 2)
- Click HERE to download the bunny template.
*Some links on this page lead to shops and websites (like Amazon) where I am an affiliate. Click HERE for my complete Disclosure Statement.
Thank you for stopping by! See you soon…
Are you a member of the OSP family? Please join us!