Make this DIY rosemary
sugar scrub recipe for the
perfect bridal shower favor
or baby shower favor.
Remember when I told you I was going to be a grandmother? I can admit now that it took me a little while for it to sink in…but now that I’m used to the idea, I’m very excited. Yesterday my daughter and I hosted a baby shower for my daughter-in-law, so I’m here to share some of the details. It was a gender-neutral shower which isn’t so easy anymore! Almost everything is geared to either a boy or girl. We chose a gold and white theme which ended up being very pretty. Since I love sugar scrubs, I wanted to make something new as the favor. I decided to use fresh rosemary and when I was making the scrub, it smelled so good that I hated to cap the jars.
*Some links in this post lead to shops or websites where I am an affiliate, or to eBay where I am a content creator. Click HERE for my complete disclosure statement.
Rosemary Sugar Scrub Recipe
- 1 cup coconut oil
- 4 cups white sugar
- 20 drops rosemary essential oil (click for my favorite brand)
- 2 heaping tablespoons fresh chopped rosemary
- To soften the coconut oil, I put the whole jar (remove the lid) in the microwave for about 30 seconds. It doesn’t completely dissolve but it’s soft enough to stir into the sugar.
- Combine coconut oil and sugar in a large bowl.
- Add the rosemary essential oil and the fresh rosemary.
- Stir really well until it is all completely combined.
I used 4 oz. mason jars and got 10 jars from this recipe. I made another half batch because I wanted one per guest plus a few extra.
Tip: I used a large scoop to fill the jars. It was super easy and quick.
The next step was some sort of tag. I made these tags and the plan was to tie them on to the jars. When I had them all cut out, I discovered they fit perfectly on the jar lid! I attached them with a piece of double-sided tape and finished the jars off with a white ribbon bow. I used white cardstock to print the tags. Make sure when you print that you choose the “full page” setting.
More sugar scrub recipes!
I’ll be back with more baby shower inspiration and I’ll also show you how we put the box lunches together. Until then…