I’ve got a recipe for you today but it’s actually from last month’s fresh flavor. It’s for Blueberry Brown Sugar Cookies. Doesn’t that sound like a match made in heaven? I don’t think I would have combined blueberries and brown sugar on my own but the combo is incredible. These cookies have a nutty texture and make a wonderful light breakfast.
I made the mistake of skipping the “line cookie sheet with parchment paper” step. I use wonderful cookie sheets from Williams-Sonoma and honestly didn’t think I would need it. The bottoms of my cookies got a little crunchy…which actually didn’t take away from the flavor one bit. It added even more texture. If you don’t think you would like a crunchy bottom just use the parchment paper.
Blueberry Brown Sugar Cookies
- 1 stick butter softened
- 3/4 c. brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 t. vanilla
- 2 T. milk
- 3/4 c. fresh blueberries
- 1 3/4 c. flour
- 1/4 t. salt
- 3/4 t. baking powder
- 1 1/2 t. cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Line cookie sheet with parchment paper.
- In a medium bowl whisk together flour, salt, baking powder and cinnamon. Set aside.
- In the bowl of a standing mixer with paddle attached beat brown sugar and butter until fluffy, about 3 min. scraping sides as needed.
- Add egg and vanilla.
- Add flour mixture.
- Dough will be a bit dry so add the milk a Tablespoon at a time. 2 T. should be plenty.
- Fold in blueberries.
- Put 1/2 c. white sugar on a plate or piece of wax paper.
- Form balls of dough and roll in white sugar. I used a cookie scoop and dropped the scoops onto the sugar. Place balls on cookie sheet.
- Bake for 12 min.
- If you do not have a convection oven it is recommended that you rotate the cookie sheet halfway through the cook time.
- Cool cookies on pan for 1 minute and then remove to wire rack to cool.
The fresh flavor for May was supposed to be Strawberry but the only recipe I’ve posted was over at Debbiedoo’s. I’m not sure I’ll get another one made but I’m sure going to try. I may have to extend Strawberry month into June!
This week has been another sad one for our country. Watching the coverage of the devastation in Oklahoma broke my heart. I would like to think that I am strong enough to weather a storm such as this one…but the honest truth is that I’m not sure. I’m praying that all those people get their lives back as quickly as possible.
Have a wonderful (and safe) weekend!