I’ve got a recipe for you today but it’s actually from last month’s fresh flavor. It’s for Blueberry Brown Sugar Cookies. Doesn’t that sound like a match made in heaven? I don’t think I would have combined blueberries and brown sugar on my own but the combo is incredible. These cookies have a nutty texture and make a wonderful light breakfast.
I made the mistake of skipping the “line cookie sheet with parchment paper” step. I use wonderful cookie sheets from Williams-Sonoma and honestly didn’t think I would need it. The bottoms of my cookies got a little crunchy…which actually didn’t take away from the flavor one bit. It added even more texture. If you don’t think you would like a crunchy bottom just use the parchment paper.
Blueberry Brown Sugar Cookies
- 1/2 cup butter (1 stick at room temperature)
- 3/4 cups brown sugar (firmly packed)
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 3/4 cups fresh blueberries
- 1 3/4 cups flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 cup white sugar (for rolling)
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper.
- In a medium bowl whisk together the flour, salt, baking powder, and cinnamon. Set aside.
- In the bowl of a standing mixer with the paddle attached, beat the brown sugar and butter for 3 minutes, or until fluffy. Make sure to scrape the sides of the bowl.
- Add the egg and vanilla, and mix well.
- Add flour mixture, and mix again.
- The dough will be a bit dry, so add the milk one tablespoon at a time.
- Fold in blueberries.
- Put 1/2 cup white sugar on a plate or piece of wax paper.
- Form balls of dough and roll in white sugar. I used a cookie scoop and dropped the scoops onto the sugar. Place balls on cookie sheet.
- Bake for 10 -12 minutes. Cookies are done when they are lightly browned around the edge.
- Cool cookies on pan for 1 minute, and then remove to wire rack to cool.
If you make this blueberry cookies recipe, and love it, please come back and leave a 5 star rating. I would be very grateful, and it will help me so much. Thank you!
These little cookies are truly delicious…especially the bites that include a juicy blueberry. I shared some with my parents but ate a couple every day for breakfast until they were gone!