The last time I shared a bundt cake recipe, I think my Sour Cream Chocolate Bundt Cake, I got the loveliest email from one of my readers named Stephanie. She told me about a bundt cake that her family loves and was kind enough to include the recipe. It’s along the same lines as the cake I shared, but it’s a bit quicker and easier because it uses a cake mix. I’m all for easy and quick so with Stephanie’s permission, here is the recipe. (Even though Stephanie said she wasn’t the originator of the recipe, that’s where I got it so I’m giving the credit to her!)
Chocolate Chip Bundt Cake
- 1 box of yellow cake mix
- 1 small pkg of instant chocolate pudding
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup vegetable oil
- 3/4 cup water
- 4 large eggs
- 8 oz carton sour cream (you can use fat free if desired)
- 6 oz package semi-sweet chocolate morsels
- Sifted powdered sugar
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Combine cake mix, pudding and sugar in a large mixing bowl. Beat on slow with the whisk attachment until combined.
- Add oil, water, eggs and sour cream. Mix well between additions and scrape the bowl.
- Fold in chocolate chips.
- Pour into prepared bundt pan.
- Bake 55 - 60 minutes until knife inserted in center comes out clean.
- Cool for 10 min. and then remove from pan.
- Dust with powdered sugar when completely cool.
I’ve got one more bundt cake to share and then I should probably move on to something else! I’ve got a few things coming up for you to watch for. On Friday I’m posting with six other bloggers and we’re sharing our best decorating tips. Then on Sunday I’m teaming up with my friend Claudia, from For The Love of France, for a giveaway. We wanted to post in plenty of time for Mother’s Day shopping. I’ve been to her shop and looked around…oh my she has some treasures.