In this post: DIY fall decor made easy! Ideas & inspiration for budget-friendly DIY fall decor for your home. Suggestions for inside & out, along with shopping sources.
*Affiliate links included. Click HERE for my disclosure statement.
The very first sign of fall happened this week. Our schools began a new year on Wednesday. To me, that always signals the end of summer. We’ve had a couple of dark, rainy days and I swear I can smell fall in the air. So…I thought it was time to share a DIY fall decor plan and get the ball rolling.
DIY fall decor front porch plan:
- I never think it’s necessary to reinvent the wheel. The lantern planters from last Christmas turned out really cute, so I decided to make a fall version. The budget was boosted as well because I already had one lantern. It’s still a mystery what’s going inside the lanterns, so stay tuned for that.
- I’m layering a cute buffalo check rug under the doormat. I didn’t come up with this idea (saw it on Pinterest)…but it’s fun and will add a pop of surprise.
- There will be throws and pillows on the rockers, plus some accessories. White pumpkins for sure.
- Last but not least, a new wreath. I’m combining faux lamb’s ear, cotton bolls, eucalyptus, and possibly a burlap bow. I’ll be sharing the wreath how-to very soon.
DIY fall decor plan for inside:
- I’m not sure about the entry. Hopefully inspiration will hit soon!
- For the living & dining rooms: more lamb’s ear and cotton bolls, along with velvet pumpkins, fresh pumpkins, mason jars, and fall flowers.
- A new set of dessert/salad plates for our Styled & Set tablescape coming in October along with printable foldable place cards.
DIY fall decor plan sources:
Mayne planter | Lanterns | Eucalyptus stem | Cotton boll stem | Cotton boll garland | Lamb’s Ear stem | Lamb’s Ear garland | Buffalo check rug | Hello doormat | Welcome doormat | Fall accent plates | Black & white buffalo check throw blanket | OSP Fall Pillow Collection | Gold pillow cover | Hot Skwash Velvet Pumpkins | Your Heart’s Content Velvet Pumpkins | Plaid throw blanket pictured below | Beachcomber lidded basket
Update: I was asked for some measurements and am sorry I didn’t think of it to begin with!
- The black Mayne planter is 16 in. x 16 in.
- The black and white buffalo check rug is 24 in. x 36 in.
- The Hello doormat I am using is 17 in. x 29 in.
- The lanterns are 8 in. x 8 in. x 23.75. They are the large size on pier1.com.
8/19/2018: Pier 1 is currently running a buy one, get the second 50% off sale with free shipping over $49. So if you want a set of lanterns, this is a good deal.
I’ll be sharing a set of three new fall printables (for email subscribers only) for wall art next Sunday…but here’s a preview in the form of pillows! New fall designs are listed on Redbubble.com and are available now. Redbubble is a large site, so to make things easier, I’ve made a page with some handy links and additional information.
These are just the newest designs. All the best-selling fall designs from past years are once again listed in the OSP shop. I am also launching a line of T-shirts with inspirational and fun sayings. This black and white typography is available on pillows, tote bags, and more.
- They don’t give much advance notice for their sales…but if they are offering a discount, it will be featured in a bar at the very top of the page. That’s where you will find any current coupon codes.
- If you sign up for their email list, you will receive a 10% discount on your next order.
- Pillow covers are sometimes eligible for a 15% discount if you buy two.
So…this should get us started! I totally understand if you aren’t ready to let go of summer just yet. Truth be told, I’m not ready either…but this will at least get your creative juices flowing!
Until next time…