Ok everyone…it’s time to start a new series! I have wanted to switch up the My Favorite Things posts for a while and I came up with this four part format that I really hope you like. I’m calling it HAVE WANT WATCH WEAR.
- HAVE: I’ll be sharing items, both personal and for the home, that I own and love.
- WANT: This category will be things I’ve seen online that I would love to have. This is the category to dream big.
- WATCH: As some of you know, I enjoy watching TV. I’ll be sharing what I’m watching now and what will be coming.
- WEAR: I am definitely NOT a fashionista, in fact just the thought of that makes me laugh, but I will be sharing anything I’ve purchased that I think you might like.
I have no idea how often I’ll be posting but I promise it won’t be too much. Perhaps every few months if I have enough to share.
*Some links lead to websites where I am an affiliate. Please click HERE for my complete disclosure statement.
I’ve never been much of a tea drinker, but recently I have so enjoyed a cup in the afternoon and sometimes in the evening too. I have been trying different flavors and this Lemon Ginger tea from Bigelow is one of my favorites. The probiotics seems to be making a difference as well, which is a wonderful side benefit. I’ve looked at electric tea kettles but haven’t found one that is perfect. If you have a recommendation, please leave me a comment. I’m also thinking about growing a tea herb garden and making my own tea. I know that sounds a little ambitious but it might be fun to try. I’ll keep you posted!
NYX Extra Creamy Round Lipstick in Thalia
I don’t wear much makeup but when I go out, I do try to look presentable and that means wearing lipstick. I saw this color on a YouTube video and ordered it on a whim. It is so pretty…and very creamy. It’s Extra Creamy Round Lipstick by NYX in Thalia. Get it HERE or HERE.
Here is my granddaughter! The Cookies For Santa set was a big hit and prompted this little photo shoot on Christmas Eve. (My daughter-in-law took the pic.) She cooperated completely by sleeping through the whole thing. The plate & milk bottle are darling and made of nice, heavy ceramic. I know it’s the wrong time of year, but if you want to give this as a Christmas gift, get it now and stash it away!
Occasionally I treat myself to something fun for my kitchen. I love my Emile Henry round ruffled dish and when I saw this, I had to have it. It’s the Emile Henry Ruffled Heart Dish. I’ll be sharing the coffee cake recipe on Wednesday. Click HERE to shop!
I would love a tufted headboard. I see them in gorgeous master bedrooms on other blogs and they make me sigh. Our master bedroom is small with an even smaller master bath. It sorely needs an update which is why I don’t feature it on my blog. If an update ever happens, and I get a tufted headboard, you all will be the first to know!
Isn’t this a beautiful thing? I would love a new Kitchenaid mixer but cannot bring myself to buy one. I have a perfectly good, basic black Kitchenaid that I’ve had for 25 years. I will most likely never replace it, but if I did, this copper model would be the one. (Get free shipping with the code SHIP4FREE.)
If you haven’t signed up for Amazon Prime,
click the link below for your free trial.
I’m going to break these shows into three categories according to where they can be watched: Netflix, Amazon Prime Video and Network TV/Pay Per View. I like to watch a variety of different things. Historical programs are my favorite but I like detective shows as well as love stories. I’m not in to Science fiction so you won’t find any of that. I don’t mind violence if the story is good. I will note in my recommendation if there is any violence.
(click HERE to sign up for a free month)
- The Crown, Season 2: I found myself wondering throughout this whole season how much of it was really true. I spent quite a bit of time with the TV paused while I googled events portrayed in the show! Some of it’s true and some is not…still great entertainment.
- Anne with an “E”
- When Calls The Heart: Typical Hallmark production. The only thing that really annoyed me was the wig they put on Elizabeth in Season 4. Just awful.
- Godless: Stars Michelle Dockery from Downton Abbey so I had to watch it. It takes place in the old west, New Mexico I think, so there is violence (a lot of guns and shooting) and one scene with brief nudity. The story is amazing though…I loved it.
- Paranoid: Murder/Mystery
- Broadchurch: This show was a huge success in the UK. I thought the first season was the best but the others are very good.
- Marcella: This woman is a hot mess…but the story was really good. Lots of twists and turns.
- Woman in Gold: Based on a true story. Very educational and Helen Mirren is at her best.
- Unabomber: This show from The Discovery Channel was actually gripping. I vaguely remember when this was happening but the back-story is so interesting.
Amazon Prime Video
I haven’t found anything recently on Amazon Prime that kept me glued to the TV. I hope they add some new things soon. If you are new to Amazon Prime Video, I’ve listed below some of my favorites.
- Justified: The story of a U. S. Marshall assigned to Harlan County, Kentucky. Remember the Brad Paisley song “I”ll Never Leave Harlan Alive?” Same place. I fell in love with Timothy Olyphant during the first episode. He plays Marshall Raylan Givens and completely carries the show. There is a lot of violence so you have to get past that…but I loved the story and the characters. The last season features Sam Elliott and Mary Steenburgen who were amazing.
Shows I’ve mentioned before that are available on Amazon Prime:
- Downton Abbey (all 6 seasons)
- Poldark (Seasons 1 & 2. Season 3 available with a Masterpiece add-on subscription,)
- Home Fires
- The Crimson Field
- Grantchester (Seasons 1 & 2. Season 3 available with a Masterpiece add-on subscription. I also recently read that Season 4 may not happen. Evidently James Norton is too busy!)
- Mercy Street
- Me Before You
- The War Bride
- Victoria Season 1
Acorn: Add-on channel via Amazon Prime Video
- A Place To Call Home Season 5: Starts slow but picks up around the third episode. They threw in a few surprises which was very fun.
- Rain Shadow: Do you remember Rachel Ward from The Thornbirds? She stars in this show and is very good. Slow but a nice story.
- Acceptable Risk: Takes place in Ireland. A murder/mystery that keeps you on the edge of your seat. Some violence.
- The Heart Guy: Very cute show about an odd family in Australia. Season 2 starts next month.
- Striking Out: Another Irish show about a female attorney. Very good.
- Foyle’s War
- 800 Words: Another Australian show about another odd family. This one takes place in New Zealand. Not brilliant but worth watching.
- The Good Doctor: (ABC) Such a good show. If you haven’t watched it, you can catch up if you have access to On Demand.
- This Is Us: (NBC) If you don’t watch this, you should.
- Victoria Season 2 (PBS)
- Home Town (HGTV)
- Nashville: (CMT) This is the last season. Although I like the show, I won’t be sorry to see it end. These characters need a break.
Pay Per View
- Victoria and Abdul: My obsession with The Royals continues. This story is true and takes place at the end of Queen Victoria’s life. Loved it.
- Goodbye Christopher Robin
- The Mountain Between Us
I haven’t bought much since the holidays, but here are a few things that have become wardrobe staples . JJill has a line called The Wherever Collection. The black slim-leg pants are the perfect, slightly dressier alternative to leggings. The black tunic paired with the pants looks very nice. (They have a big selection of tops in this collection.) The denim shirt is probably my all-time favorite purchase from JJill. CLICK THE IMAGES TO SHOP!
So…that’s a wrap for the first edition of HAVE WANT WATCH WEAR. If you have any suggestions of your own to share, please leave a comment! Thank you for stopping by…I’m so glad you did.
Click HERE to visit my brand new shop on Amazon.com!