In this post: A rundown of my current favorite things. Includes what I’m watching, new fun finds, a sale alert and more!
Welcome to the third edition of HAVE WANT WATCH WEAR! For those of you who are new, this is a series I started this year that’s formatted in four parts.
- HAVE: I’ll be sharing items, both personal and for the home, that I own and love.
- WANT: This category will be things I’ve seen online that I would love to have. This is the category to dream big.
- WATCH: As some of you know, I enjoy watching TV. I’ll be sharing what I’m watching now and what will be coming.
- WEAR: I am definitely NOT a fashionista, in fact just the thought of that makes me laugh, but I will be sharing anything I’ve purchased that I think you might like.
So let’s get started!
*Affiliate links included. Click HERE for my disclosure statement.
I think finding the perfect bed pillow is hard…sometimes it’s next to impossible. Over the last several years, I’ve tried so many that I’ve lost count. I recently ordered two down/feather pillows from Amazon for one of the guest beds. One night I slept in that bed and couldn’t believe how comfortable the pillows were. I’ve been sleeping on them ever since! I know people with allergies can’t sleep on down, but if you don’t fall into that category, give these a try.
I’m always looking for ways to make my kitchen more functional. It’s a challenge (given the age of my kitchen) but once in a while I hit the jackpot. That’s how I felt when I found these drawer dividers. They are adjustable length-wise and for the width, just decide how many sections you want and go from there. I love the way they look and they installed in just a few seconds. Definitely something to try if your drawers need a little help!
I can’t believe I’m even saying this, but right now I don’t really want anything. There are things I would like to have (like new windows!) but nothing that keeps me up at night. Like most of you, my priorities have changed with each new season of life. Right now, I just want things to be easier and simpler. I’m all for buying things that help in that regard, but there currently isn’t anything I can’t live without. No doubt that will change, so stay tuned!
Here are the shows I’ll be watching on network TV this fall.
- Dancing With The Stars (ABC)
- The Good Doctor (ABC)
- This Is Us (NBC)
- New Amsterdam (NBC) Watch Trailer
- A Million Little Things (ABC) Watch Trailer
- Criminal Minds (CBS) ~I began this series (available on Netflix) early in the summer out of desperation for something to watch in the evenings. If you’re not familiar with it, the show centers around a fictional FBI Behavioral Analysis Unit and their serial killer cases. The first few seasons (there are 12 on Netflix) are a little dated, but the stories are still relevant. I’m going to be honest…most of the storylines are disturbing. They really don’t sugar-coat anything. By season 2, I was already in love with the characters and wanted to see what happened to them. It’s definitely not for everyone, but if you like a good whodunit, give it a try. Season 13 is available on CBS All Access via Amazon Prime Video. Season 14 premieres 9/26/18.
- Grey’s Anatomy (ABC)
- S. W. A. T. (CBS) ~Season 1 is available on CBS All Access via Amazon Prime Video. I watched it over the summer because it stars Shemar Moore from Criminal Minds. I loved all the characters and the stories were real. There’s a wonderful storyline about one of the SWAT officers and his mother which was part of the Season 1 cliffhanger. Looking forward to Season 2.
On PBS Masterpiece this fall:
- The Miniaturist (Watch Trailer)
- Poldark Season 4 premieres 9/30/18.
- Anne of Green Gables Special 9/23/18
Other noteworthy mentions:
- If you haven’t watched The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society on Netflix, it’s a must-see. I know it strays from the book, but it’s still amazingly good. (Watch trailer)
- Season 3 of Designated Survivor has been picked up by Netflix and will be available sometime in 2019.
- Now playing on Acorn: The final season of A Place to Call Home & the last eight episodes of 800 Words, Season 3.
- I recently watched two movies on Amazon that are worth mentioning. Woman Walks Ahead & The Glass Castle.
I own everything pictured above except the scarf…but I’m planning to order it during this current sale. J. Jill sizing runs a little big, so if you are unsure, choose the size down. If you don’t see anything you like right now, they change their collections at the beginning of every month. They then run a sale, usually during the third week of the month, so wait and make your purchases then.
Sale Alert: Use the code TOGETHER for 30% off your entire purchase until September 23, 2018. Free shipping on orders over $125.00.
Shoes rank right up there with bras when it comes to finding something comfortable, but I can wear the leather mules from J. Jill (pictured above) for several hours without wanting to die. For something more casual, I just got these super cute shoes to wear with leggings and I love them.
That’s a wrap for HAVE WANT WATCH WEAR No. 3. I’m not sure if I’ll be back with another edition before the end of the year or not…but I’ll try. See you soon!