Welcome to the Wednesday Weekly Wish List…a place to come for our favorite things, bits of wisdom, recommendations, and so much more. You all have been so wonderful and receptive in regards to our Saturday series, Home Style Saturdays. We wanted to come up with another series that would resonate with our readers, and we hope this is a perfect fit. (We think it is!) I’m joining Lory from Designthusiasm, and Yvonne from StoneGable, and each week the three of us will provide nuggets of information and inspiration from various sources. We’ll share our favorite shows, recipes, wardrobe choices, tips, tricks, and the list goes on. If there is ever anything you want us to scout out, just leave a comment, or email me at email@example.com. So let’s go!
*Affiliate links included. Click HERE for my disclosure statement.
Lory from Designthusiasm
1. Looking for your next television series? This new 7 episode series on HBO is awesome! It’s the ultimate whodunit with impeccable character development and a riveting plot. You just may watch the whole thing in a weekend!
2. Are you into historical fiction? I just finished this book and I loved it! It has everything from intrigue to romance to strong female heroines. It’s fast-paced, suspense-filled and takes place, in large part, in France.
4. I’m crushing on this hairstyle big time!
5. Right before the pandemic I went to Lake Como for a big birthday and stayed at this amazing hotel. I never got a chance to write a post about it because everyone stopped traveling, but the setting was magical and the decor was exquisite! Maybe I’ll still write a post someday…
6. I talk often about high-low decorating and I approach fashion the same way. I balance my super cheap discount purchases like this adorable summer dress with a couple of dream luxury products each year. I just may have indulged in this. (Don’t click if it’s going to bother you that it’s expensive. I’m telling you up front… it’s expensive. Hey, I haven’t bought anything in year… ;-))
8. I’m dying to make this healthy and colorful one-pan dinner idea: turkey and veggie skillet
9. It was relaxed and casual for summer on the blog this week. I shared this idea for entertaining last-minute guests and this cheerful patio decor update, along with this summer table. We also talked about tips for decorating with vintage silver.
10. My next project: a painted writing desk with a hot accent color. Be on the lookout!
Ann from On Sutton Place
1. I’m not much of a reader, so hopefully you will get good book suggestions from Lory or Yvonne! I do, however, completely enjoy watching TV. It helps me relax, and I love the wide array of choices on the various channels. I recently watched The Lost Husband on Netflix, and loved it. (Who doesn’t think Josh Duhamel is cute?)
2. If you haven’t watched Virgin River, also on Netflix, it’s a must-see. The third season is coming out on July 9th.
3. I want to share a few other things that I know you will love. First is this darling tote bag. My daughter has something similar that she bought locally, so I searched on Etsy, and found almost the same thing. It can be personalized with just about any phrase or word you want.
4. I recently bought a small, electric power washer. (Don’t laugh!) It’s definitely not for everyone, but for me, it’s perfect. It’s lightweight, easy to move around, and it’s much better than a garden hose when it comes to cleaning outdoor surfaces.
5. Since it’s peach season, here is a recipe for blackberry peach crisp that was amazing. I may or may not have eaten it for breakfast! I made it when I was visiting my son and daughter-in-law, and everyone gave it a thumbs-up.
6. This book about peonies is #9 on the Amazon Best Gardening Books list. I personally own it, and in my humble opinion, it should rank much higher!
7. This salad looks fresh and delicious.
8. Last week was quiet on the blog while I was working on issues behind the scenes. I did share these super easy peach shortbread bars. My dad thoroughly enjoyed them!
9. Coming next week: a new patio dining set and lemon ice cream!
Yvonne from StoneGable
1. Summer is heating up here and I’m finding lots of ways to cool down. Staying inside and reading is one way to beat the heat. My current read, The Four Winds, is a good one written by the same author as The Nightingale (one of my favorite books). Kristin Hannah keeps turning out the best books. And I just love these beautiful decorating books here, here, and here. The last one is from one of my favorite designers. This is one of my favorite cookbooks. It’s so old but the ideas and recipes are amazing!
2. Another way to beat the heat is to eat healthy popsicles. I just got these fun popsicle molds to make my own yummy popsicles! You can see delicious popsicle recipes in a super oldie-but-goodie post here. And here is my favorite summer salad that is so so easy to make.
4. Let’s talk breakfast! What is your go-to nosh? In the summer months, I make this delicious strawberry shortcake for breakfast! I top it with the best in-season fruit. If you try one new recipe this summer try this one!
5. I’m still decorating for summer. I just added a very interesting, moody green pillow to my summer decor I just love! See it here. Here is another pillow I added to our master bedroom bed. And the pillow I get asked most about here.
8. One of the best binge-worthy tv series is Anzac Girls on Amazon Prime and Acorn. This is a sweeping series about Australian and New Zealand women who served as nurses during WW 2 in the Pacific theater.
9. Fun things for next week… summer entertaining ideas and little things that make a big difference.
See you next week!