If you are looking for a quick and beautiful dessert to either serve or give away, I have just the thing. These pecan shortbread bars are both. To be fair, I feel I should worn you though…there is something about the combo of shortbread and pecans that make these bars addicting. Definitely do not make them if you think you are going to be home alone!
Pecan Shortbread Bars
- 1 c. butter softened
- 2 c. flour
- 1/2 c. powdered sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1/2 c. sugar
- 1 c. light corn syrup
- 1 t. vanilla
- 1/2. stick butter melted
- pinch of salt
- 2 c. pecans
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Lightly spray or butter sides only of a 9 x 13 pan.
- Combine butter, flour and powdered sugar in the bowl of a standing mixer. Beat until dough forms and it pulls away from sides of the bowl.
- Press into pan.
- Bake for 15 min.
While crust is baking
- Combine eggs and sugar.
- Add corn syrup, butter, salt and vanilla.
- Add pecans and pour mixture over crust.
- Bake for 25 - 30 minutes. Top should be golden brown.
When I was making these I actually thought to myself that it would be really good to just make the shortbread part…and leave the pecan part off. I would most likely eat the whole thing so I’m not sure that’s the best idea!
I have just a few more things I want to share before I take a break for Christmas. I had so many lovely comments about my stairway garland that I’ve figured out a way to recreate it. Plus a couple of surprises. This morning I sort of feel like I am running out of time. I’m not worried yet because somehow, no matter what, it always gets done. I’d love to hear how you all are doing…if Christmas came tomorrow, would you be ready?
If you missed it, here is a recipe for Snickerdoodle Bread. This makes a perfect gift too!