Make this Starbucks Chocolate Cinnamon Bread right in your own kitchen. It’s easy and makes enough to eat and freeze too. It’s a chocolate bread recipe that’s basically a big brownie!
Here in Ohio we are in the middle of a snow storm…so what better time to share an easy and delicious recipe for something chocolate? This Starbucks Chocolate Cinnamon Bread is not too sweet and has the perfect texture. I confess I have never had the real thing because we don’t have a Starbucks where I live…but if this chocolate bread recipe is even close to the real thing, you are in for a treat.
Starbucks Chocolate Cinnamon Bread
- 3 sticks unsalted butter at room temperature
- 3 cups granulated sugar
- 5 large eggs at room temperature
- 2 cups Flour
- 1 ¼ cup dutch processed cocoa (or regular cocoa)
- 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon Baking Powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- ¼ cup granulated sugar
- ¾ teaspoon Cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon dutch processed cocoa (or regular cocoa)
- Pinch of ground ginger
- Pinch of ground cloves
- ¼ cup sparkle sugar for decorating
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In the bowl of a standing mixer, beat butter and sugar for 2 minutes.
- Add eggs one at a time, mixing well between additions.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together flour, cocoa, cinnamon, salt, baking powder and baking soda.
- In a 2 c. measuring cup combine buttermilk, water and vanilla. Stir to mix.
- Add dry ingredients to butter/sugar/eggs alternating with buttermilk mixture.
- Scrape sides and bottom of the mixing bowl at least twice.
- Pour into prepared loaf pans.
- Sprinkle topping over batter.
- mini loaves 25 min.
- small loaves 35 min.
- large loaves 45-50 min.
mini = 2 1/2 in. x 4 in.
small = 3 in. x 5 1/2 in.
large = 9 in. x 5 in.
I got 4 small loaves and 6 mini loaves from this recipe.
Starbucks Chocolate Cinnamon Bread Tips
Couple of things. First, I couldn’t find dutch cocoa. I googled it to see what the difference was but found conflicting opinions. So I just used my regular Hershey’s cocoa. It worked beautifully and the chocolate taste is amazing. Second, I totally forgot about the topping until the bread was in the oven. I grabbed it out after about 10 minutes and sprinkled sanding sugar on the loaves. It gave them just enough sparkle and a little crunch too.
Third, this is really not technically BREAD. It’s the most delicious chocolate cake (or brownie) you will ever taste. Slice it, add a dip of ice cream or a dollop of whipped cream and enjoy!
The Perfect Chocolate Bread Recipe
This Starbucks Chocolate Cinnamon Bread recipe is found right on the Starbucks website. It comes and goes from the restaurants so most of the time it’s not available. So you have the perfect reason to make it right at home. (Ha! As if you needed a reason.)
I hope you all had a perfect New Year’s Day. Mine was spent taking down Christmas and just hanging out. As much as I love the holidays and all that goes with them, I’m always glad when they are behind me. Onward to the new year.
More Chocolate Recipes!
Click the image to
learn how to get
my free eCookbook!