I know I have been a bit lazy lately about posting recipes for the Fresh Flavor of the Month. I hope to remedy that in the next few weeks with some easy and quick strawberry recipes. First up is a Strawberry Coffee Cake.
This batter can be used for a base and any type of fruit could be added. Blueberries or peaches would be wonderful.
¼ cup butter
¾ cup white sugar
1 ½ cups flour
2 teaspoons baking powder
1 teaspoon salt
½ cup milk
1 ½ cups thinly sliced strawberries
½ cup flour
½ cup sugar
¼ cup butter softened
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease a 9-inch baking pan.
- Beat 1/4 cup butter in a bowl until creamy; add 3/4 cup sugar and egg. Beat until fully incorporated.
- Mix 1 1/2 cup flour, baking powder, and salt together in a separate bowl. Stir flour mixture, alternating with milk, into butter mixture until combined. Pour batter into prepared baking pan. Arrange strawberries atop the batter.
- Mix 1/2 cup flour, 1/2 cup sugar and 1/4 cup butter together in a bowl. Sprinkle topping over strawberries.
- Bake in the preheated oven until a toothpick inserted in the center of the cake comes out clean, about 35 minutes.
Click HERE for printable recipe.