Make this Vanilla Bean Quick Bread Recipe for any occasion. Makes the perfect homemade gift too. Serve as a dessert or snack.
Every holiday season, I try to come up with a gift for close family and friends that’s from my kitchen. I’ve made candy and cookies, but for a few years now, I’ve been giving small loaves of homemade bread. I package them, along with other small items, in a gift bag or basket. I can do it all in an afternoon, it’s budget friendly and above all else, it’s enjoyable. This vanilla bean quick bread recipe makes the perfect gift and is super easy.
Vanilla Bean Quick Bread Recipe
- 3 cups all purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon Baking Powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 1/2 cups vanilla sugar
- 1 cup butter softened
- 5 large eggs
- 1 cup Milk
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder and salt. Set aside.
- In the bowl of a standing mixer, beat the vanilla sugar and butter until fluffy.
- Add the eggs, one at a time, beating well between additions.
- Beat this mixture on high speed for 5 minutes.
- Add the flour mixture and milk, alternating and mixing on low between additions.
- Pour into prepared pans. Pan sizes and baking times are below.
- Cool for 10 minutes and remove from pans. Package in plastic wrap while still slightly warm.
How to Make Vanilla Sugar:
2 cups sugar
2 Grade A vanilla beans
Put the sugar in the bowl of a small food processor. Split the vanilla beans lengthwise and scrape out the inside of the pods with a sharp knife. Add the scraped vanilla to the sugar. Combine until the vanilla is mixed in well.
Pour into glass shaker jars using a funnel, and add a vanilla bean to each jar. You may have to cut the beans in half to fit inside the jar. OR pour all the sugar into an airtight container and use for baking. Make sure to add a vanilla bean or two for extra flavor.
- Substitute for regular sugar and vanilla in any recipe that calls for both.
- Sprinkle on buttered toast or oatmeal.
- Use in coffee, tea or fruit infused water.
Thank you for stopping by!