Your weekly dose of new ideas, helpful hints, favorite items, and tidbits of wisdom…from a trio of lifestyle bloggers who love to share!
Affiliate links included. Click HERE for my disclosure statement.
Yvonne | StoneGable
1. Come on over! Our front door is wide open and our home is ready for a Summer Tour! Seasonal tours are my favorite posts! There are lots of easy summer ideas you can use in your home! The Summer Tour will be going on all week and 26 bloggers will be sharing their homes!
3. Easy Recipe Of The Week: Here’s a super easy Summer Pasta dinner. Make an 8-ounce box of penne pasta according to the directions. Drain the pasta reserving 1/2 cup of pasta water. Add the pasta to a large shallow bowl. Add 1/2 cup pesto from the refrigerated section, 1 cup halved cherry tomatoes, and 1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese to the pasta. Salt and pepper to taste. Toss and serve. If the pasta is too thick add a bit of the pasta water until it is a consistency you like. Enjoy!
4. Decor Crushes This Week:
Under $75.00: my favorite utility basket on sale, this decorative bowl, my favorite ribbed planter, this glass tea light holder, this neutral pillow, my favorite summer pillow on sale, and this floral outdoor pillow.
Worth The Splurge: this beautiful white rug, these classic dining room chairs, this pair of outdoor swivel chairs (love), this classic swivel arm chair, these swoop back dining chairs, and this handsome chair.
6. Best Amazon Finds: go HERE to see all the interesting things I’ve found for you at Amazon!
7. Fun And Interesting Facts: What was Memorial Day once called? What flower is worn on Memorial Day to symbolize those who gave the ultimate sacrifice for our country?
8. Picnic Essentials: this ribbed pitcher with a wooden lid, this double beverage dispenser, this woven beverage tub with metal liner, this pretty serving basket, this stylish backpack cooler, this melamine blue and white set of dishes, and this 16-piece acrylic glassware set.
9. Summer Recipes: Memorial Day kicks off the unofficial start of summer. Here are some tasty recipes for summer gatherings, Easy Strawberry Cobbler, my favorite Arugula Salad With Lemon Vinaigrette, Magic Dust Spice Rub, and The Best Dill Pickle Potato Salad. I get requests to bring the potato salad most often.
10. More Summer Ideas: How To Create A Summer Front Door Basket, Summer Guest Room, and Using Summer Annuals and Perennials To Decorate Your Indoor Spaces. Look for new summer posts with lots of inspiration every week!
Answer to #7: Memorial day was once called Decoration Day. It was originally a day to decorate the graves of soldiers, both Union and Confederate, that had given their lives in the Civil War. A paper poppy is worn on Memorial Day. It became the symbol of the fallen after the poem Flander’s Field was published.
Lory | Designthusiasm
1. What an amazing response we had to last week’s giveaway! Thank you all for your lovely comments!! It was wonderful to hear from you and we encourage you to continue sharing your feedback. The lucky winner of my gift card has been informed by email and she selected an Amazon gift card. We’ll be sure to do another giveaway in the near future… :-)
2. Every summer I update my neutral patio with different accents, and while I haven’t finished this summer’s color scheme, it will likely be closest to this soft and tranquil patio palette that’s been one of my favorites. It retains a bit of my french aesthetic and mixes it with a thoroughly modern relaxed vibe.
3. FASHION PICKS: Here’s a classic summer mini capsule – well-priced from Walmart – this cuffed white boyfriend jean, this black denim high rise boyfriend short, this wide leg linen pant, this white cap sleeve loose V-neck tee, this black ruffle sleeve flowy top, this chambray sleeveless shirt, this smocked tiered midi dress, these go-with-everything sandals and this cropped jean jacket.
4. THIS WEEK ON THE BLOG I shared ideas for preparing a guest room for summer visitors, these garden inspired home decor ideas and gifts, these decorating tips for keeping a small bedroom light and bright and these favorite picks for softening neutrals with blush pink.
5. AMAZING MEMORIAL DAY FURNITURE DEALS: This 2-piece chesterfield sofa set (sofa and loveseat), this tufted upholstered bed, this 3-piece living room table set (coffee table and end tables), this hall tree with cubbies, these fabulous bar and counter stools.
6. If you’re thinking of replacing your kitchen or bathroom countertops, be sure to check out this post which explores our kitchen counter remodel and compares several options for white counters, with pros and cons.
7. CURRENT DECOR CRUSHES UNDER $50: This handmade wooden dough bowl, these blue and white painted terracotta planters, these lovely natural wood candle holders, and these faux silver dollar eucalyptus stems.
8. CURRENT DECOR CRUSHES UNDER $100: This tribal pattern indoor outdoor rug, this marled basketweave summer throw, this reversible floral outdoor pillow, and these beautiful mouth-blown glass flutes (available in 3 pretty colors).
10. WHAT’S INSPIRING ME AROUND THE WEB: New fave IG account, especially this bathroom for those who are tired of all white, this wonderful living room with relaxed elegance, this beautiful bedroom, and this stunningly simple tiny office.
Ann | On Sutton Place
1.) Thank you to everyone who entered our 100th edition giveaway. I randomly chose Frani as the On Sutton Place winner. We enjoy hosting these celebratory giveaways, so we’ll do it again soon!
2.) THE LOOK FOR LESS: I love the pitchers from Farmhouse Pottery, and right now, you can get them on Anthropologie. However, they are pricey. Here is one option that’s similar, but less expensive. Here is another one. I also adore this Morningside pillow cover from Serena & Lily. This one from Better Homes & Gardens isn’t exactly the same, but it’s very close. (I just ordered two!) Nothing is more classic than a spindle chair, but they are usually over my budget, but not this one! So if you see something you love, but it’s out of your price range, don’t give up. Looking is fun, and when you find that perfect piece, it’s very rewarding.
3.) FAVORITE QUOTE: “Do not wish to be anything but what you are, and try to be that perfectly.” ~Saint Francis de Sales
4.) INSPIRATION THAT WILL MAKE YOU SMILE: if you love color, you will adore this Maine beach cottage home tour, this historic captain’s house in Sag Harbor is filled with charming vintage touches, this Tennessee cottage beautifully combines old and new, and this classic front porch is cozy and inviting.
5.) HAVE YOU PLANTED MINT? I love having fresh mint right out my back door. I’ve been putting it in my water, in Fresca, and in lemonade. Anyone can grow a mint plant…I promise! It’s a simple pleasure, and one I highly recommend!
6.) MOTHER’S DAY SURPRISES: My kids are very good at asking for suggestions when it’s time to buy me a gift. Which is fine with me…because it’s just easier for everyone. However, when we celebrated Mother’s Day a few weeks ago, I was caught completely by surprise. My daughter gave me this gorgeous blue and white pitcher, and my son’s family gave me the matching platter. I was very touched that they chose gifts that were so totally “me.” These gifts will be treasured forever. (The pitcher is currently on backorder, but if you want it, it’s worth the wait!)
7.) This is the time of year when gardens bloom, and you can fill your house with fresh flower arrangements. This guide will show you how to arrange garden flowers, and mix them with herbs. If you have lilacs, this tutorial has tips for arranging an overflowing bouquet, and also how to keep it from wilting.
8.) I’ve been updating recipes right and left! The list is long, but I’m checking them off, one by one. This reader-favorite recipe for beer bread was originally shared at the beginning of the COVID lockdown, and this recipe for strawberry muffins is easy, and has a surprise filling that adds extra flavor and texture.
9.) Complete with an AGA range, this vintage-inspired home is actually an old post office! From the white picket fence to the amazing shiplap, this home tour will delight you from start to finish.
10.) Thank you so much for stopping by. I hope that if you are wishing for something this week, whatever it is comes true. XO