Your weekly dose of new ideas, helpful hints, favorite items, and tidbits of wisdom…from a trio of lifestyle bloggers who love to share!
Affiliate links included. Click HERE for my disclosure statement.
Yvonne | StoneGable
1). Around Tanglewood: The summer has been beautiful so far, so I’m enjoying time puttering around in my garden spaces and container gardens. It’s not too late to plant some beautiful containers full of flowers and herbs. And I’m decorating inside too! Here are my 10 Favorite Ways To Add Summer To Your Home.
2. Amazon Summer Finds: go HERE to see all the pretty and interesting things I’ve found for you at Amazon!
3. Summer Marinade Recipe: Here’s one of my favorite summer marinades I use for drizzling over grilled vegetables or to marinade chicken. In a Mason jar, add 1/4 cup of olive oil, 2 tablespoons of balsamic vinegar, 1 tablespoon of lemon juice, 1/2 teaspoon of Dijon mustard, 2 crushed garlic cloves, and 1/4 teaspoon of salt. Shake to combine. Sprinkle 1/4 cup of fresh basil chiffonade over the veggies or chicken after they have been cooked. And Magic Dust BBQ Rub is my favorite rub for meats.
4. Decor Favorites This Week: This all-in-one serving caddy, this sweet white spindle table, my must-have digital culinary thermometer, this glass, and gold-tone lantern, this impressionistic painting, and this rattan planter pot.
More Favorites: Enamel Everything Bowl, this beautiful white slipcovered sleeper sofa, a two-piece wicker outdoor sofa, and a round upholstered ottoman, this white and stone table lamp, and this pretty 3-drawer dresser.
5. Beautiful Homes: See how this Fort Worth homeowner uses color in this lovely home, this is a swoon-worthy home that has so many take-away ideas, this Transitional/Traditional neutral home, and this video about Relaxed Hampton Style.
6. Decorating School: I’ve been updating many of my Decorating School posts, where I share tried and true design principles in easy-to-do, repeatable processes that you can use in your home. These posts are decorating gold! I just updated 5 Steps For Finding Your Decorating Style and What You Should Know About The Color Beige. These posts will help you become more confident decorators!
7. Fun And Interesting Facts: Three of America’s founding fathers died on July 4th. Can you name them?
8. Capsule Wardrobe: This pretty summer maxi dress, this versatile blue jelly tote, this beaded scalloped pearl clutch, this feminine monogrammed necklace, this sleeveless chambray shirt, my favorite slip-on summer sneakers,
9. Most Popular: Here are the most popular post on the blog this week; Summer Porch And Patio Tour, Summer Home Tour 2023, Easy Summer Decorating Ideas, and 10 Timeless Decor Tips For Your Home.
Answer To #7: Presidents John Adams and Thomas Jefferson died on July 4, 1826, and President James Monroe died on July 4, 1831.
Lory | Designthusiasm
1. It seems the most popular posts right now are about outdoor patio decor. If you want to add pops of color to your neutral patio, try: Updating the Patio with a Vibrant Color Palette. Prefer casual entertaining on the lawn? Check out A Casual Summer Gathering at Home.
3. CURRENT DECOR CRUSHES UNDER $100: This patterned outdoor pillow that I just got, this dark brass organic metal tray, this rustic wooden bowl scented candle, and this set of 2 honeysuckle framed prints.
5. THIS WEEK ON THE BLOG I shared How to Decorate with Antique Silver, this post about Affordable Plantation Shutters for Windows and Doors, and this 4th of July Champagne Brunch Tablescape.
6. SUMMER FASHION PICKS: Embrace the warm weather in this sweet tiered midi dress, this great basic rib tank top, these stylish overlap front denim shorts, these comfy slide sandals, this charming straw clutch and this hand woven shoulder tote.
7. For my friends who love house tours, I have 3 you must see in this post: 3 Stunning House Tours to Be Inspired By.
8. FURNITURE DEALS: This week’s sales include this hall tree with open storage, these tufted back bar stools, this round rattan coffee table, this round pedestal dining table, this 2-piece sectional sofa in charcoal, linen or flax, this 2-door rattan cabinet, and these tufted velvet side chairs.
9. WHAT’S INSPIRING ME AROUND THE WEB: this stunning courtyard and lakeside home tour and part 2, this wonderful rustic chic home, and this delightful San Francisco home that seems like it should be in Europe.
10. UP NEXT: an elegant powder room makeover.
Ann | On Sutton Place
2.) FAVORITE QUOTE: “It takes consistent self awareness, mature emotional intelligence, and undeniable commitment to stay out of your own way.” ~Stacie Martin
3.) LOVELY INSPIRATION: a small space that has major Southern charm, here is inspiration if you want to paint your home’s exterior, take a look at this post if you want to transform your plain hollow core doors, and the before and after pictures of this stunning bungalow are amazing!
If you are wishing for more outdoor decor ideas:
4.) FUN OUTDOOR DECOR UNDER $25: this colorful hummingbird feeder, this 3 x 5 ft. American flag with sewn stripes and embroidered stars, this cute set of 4 pillows with a flower garden motif, and this warm natural wood outdoor lantern.
5.) MORE OUTDOOR DECOR UNDER $50: these solar, commercial grade string lights, this galvanized metal farmhouse inspired planter, this 5 x 8 classic black and white rug, these gorgeous deep tone wind chimes, and these handy solar mason jar lights.
6.) AMAZING OUTDOOR DECOR UNDER $125: this rustic pump waterfall fountain, this cute, stackable rattan arm chair that’s perfect for an enclosed outdoor room, and these Urban Barn farmhouse industrial lights that we have on our back patio.
7.) I love beautiful decor books, but I’m pretty picky about which ones I actually buy. When I saw that Caitlin Wilson just published a new book, I ordered it right away. Return to Pretty has a stunning cover, and it’s full of lovely ideas and inspiration.
8.) Are you wishing for any new recipes? I would love suggestions! I’m still working on updating all of my recipes with new images and more information, but if you have a special request, please leave a comment!
9.) I’m wishing for something new to watch on TV! Coming soon is the 8th season of Grantchester, the 3rd season of Sweet Magnolias, and season 5 of Virgin River. (Do you think Charmaine will ever have that baby?!!)
10.) I just updated my recipe for Watermelon Feta Salad. I’ve made it twice, and it’s so refreshing and tasty! Wishing everyone a peaceful and happy week. XO
FOR ANYONE WHO WANTS
A SIMPLER LIFE.
I’ve been there. I know how you feel.
I can help.