Your weekly dose of new ideas, helpful hints, favorite items, and tidbits of wisdom…from a trio of lifestyle bloggers who love to share!
Affiliate links included. Click HERE for my disclosure statement.
Ann | On Sutton Place
1.) RECENTLY ON THE BLOG: If you have been thinking about adopting a neutral palette for your home’s decor, but are unsure if that’s what you really want, or are unsure how to do it…I’ve got you covered. I just broke down the process into tiny chunks, so take a look HERE.
3.) FAVORITE QUOTE: “Destroy the idea that you have to be constantly working or grinding in order to be successful. Embrace the concept that rest, recovery, and reflection are essential parts of the progress toward a successful and ultimately happy life.” Found HERE.
4.) INSPIRING PLACES: take a look at Pinewood Grove, a family hunting lodge that has the most perfect galley kitchen ever, step inside this blue and white beach house that’s light and bright, tour a charming cottage home nestled on the Washington shoreline, and see the prettiest Florida cottage overlooking the Inter-Coastal Waterway.
5.) NEW IDEA: this is the time of year for bright and tasty Caprese salad. The original version is delicious, but have you thought about swapping out the tomatoes for peaches? Use my Caprese salad recipe, but substitute chopped peaches for the cherry tomatoes. It’s a fresh take on a classic recipe that is so good!
6.) The lantana I planted in our patio containers took forever to bloom…in fact, I was beginning to think the blooms would never come! But finally, my wish came true, and blooms appeared. They are beautiful, as you can see in the image above. It’s ‘Shamrock Rose’ Lantana, so make a note in your garden journal to plant some next year!
7.) Do you ever wish that dinner would make itself? I totally know how you feel! I’m in such a rut right now, but am trying to make some different dishes. We’ve had a few overcast and chilly days, so I made chicken and rice soup. It tasted so good. I also made honey mustard chicken, but instead of grilling it, I baked it in the oven. It was delicious as well. Last but not least, this homemade spaghetti sauce was a welcome addition to the dinner rotation.
8.) EASY TO ADD ACCENT PIECES : This gorgeous console table is absolutely perfect, and worth the splurge. I adore the shape of this (on sale) farmhouse window pane mirror, this elegant double door cabinet is a great price, I love the detail on this color block pillow cover, and these lanterns are perfect summer decor, but they will take you into fall, and all the way to Christmas!
9.) These recent summer days have been enjoyable…and I confess that I’ve slowed down a bit. I’ve been eating salads for lunch, and tons of watermelon! My favorite seasonal farm stand just opened, so I’ve been taking little field trips there. I love hanging out in our backyard with Millie, and soon my family will be here. I hope you slow down a little too, and savor these special summer days. Have a good week!
Do You Love Farmhouse Style?
Sign up for my FRESHLY UPDATED and EXPANDED email series and see how easy it is to add touches of Farmhouse Style to your existing decor.
Yvonne | StoneGable
1). Generally speaking, we are so interested in upcoming trends! We may not use many trends in our homes, but something innate in us is curious about them. That’s good because the trends for fall 2023 are gorgeous! You will love them. Here’s a post about 8 Fall Decorating Trends for 2023. And another post, How To Decorate A Room With Classic And Trendy Decor, to help you add trendy decor to your home.
2. Recipe Hack: Here’s the best recipe from crispy, flavorful broccoli. Preheat the oven to 450°. Cut broccoli into medium size florets. Place them between paper towels and smash them with a mallet or the bottom of a jar or glass until they are flat but still intact. Place them on a baking sheet in a single layer. Top each floret with Parmesan cheese (I use the kind in the shaky container) and drizzle olive oil over them. Bake until crisp about 12 minutes. Delicious!
3. Summer Sales: Great Summer Sales: my favorite white quilt, this handsome hurricane/vase, these wall art rounds, these beautiful 12 oz. glasses, this pedestal end table, this stunning (LOVE) pantry cabinet, this faux topiary, and this beautiful round mirror.
4. Amazon Prime Days: It’s Amazon Prime Days today and tomorrow! Make sure you head over to my Amazon Page and check out the amazing deals!
5. Do you know who Susan Branch is? I’ve been a fan of her beautiful books, whimsical art, and happy thoughts for decades! When there was no internet, I found so much inspiration in her books! Go HERE, I think you will enjoy her! And HERE is her Instagram account.
6. Capsule wardrobe for summer: this perfect wear-everywhere summer dress, this summer topper that would look fabulous with the wear-everywhere dress, the cutest summer dress (amazing price), these cute cropped pants, this classic linen boyfriend shirt, the perfect summer sandals, these gold wear everywhere earrings I just got (50% off), this black and white gingham tote (50% off), and this cute summer handbag.
7. Fun And Interesting Facts: What is America’s largest rodent? What is the best way to get Heinz Catsup to flow from a glass bottle?
8. Decor Crushes Under $100.00 This pretty doormat (I just got), this beautiful painting, this wooden lantern with battery-operated candle, these pretty jadeite-like dishes, this dinner bell (LOVE), a trio of brass candlesticks, my favorite summer sea glass beaded garland I have it in white, and this handcrafted candle holder (LOVE)
9. I’ve been posting more on Facebook, asking lots of questions readers can weigh in on and enjoying our community. If you have not joined in, go HERE.
Answer to #7: The beaver is America’s largest rodent. If you said, “Hit the bottom of the bottle,” to get Heinz Catsup to flow, you are wrong (sorry). Hit the 57 on the bottle. Who knew?
Lory | Designthusiasm
1. It’s AMAZON PRIME week and I’ve curated my favorite picks for you! Be sure to visit my selections at this link: Amazon Prime Day Picks from Designthusiasm.
2. For those of you who love house tours, I think you’ll love this exquisite home that’s a mix of rustic and modern. It’s very inspiring with tons of ideas that would work with a variety of design styles.
6. THIS WEEK ON THE BLOG I shared part 2 of our kitchen remodel which was initiated by the replacement of our perimeter counters. I also shared this DIY chalk painting project (where I updated a Swedish clock) and this summer tablescape mixing animal print and pastel floral.
7. For those who love vintage style, you’ll enjoy Using Flea Market Finds to Add French Style to the Home. And for those who appreciate little luxuries, check out Easy Ways to Add Small Pleasures to Your Daily Life.
8. FURNITURE DEALS: this lovely sleek lift-top coffee table, this curved tufted bench, these vintage-inspired french dining chairs, this white linen tower cabinet, and this beautiful french inspired dresser.
10. UP NEXT: End of summer patio refresh…