Your weekly dose of new ideas, helpful hints, favorite items, and tidbits of wisdom…from a trio of lifestyle bloggers who love to share!
Affiliate links included. Click HERE for my disclosure statement.
Yvonne | StoneGable
1). Have you ever decoupaged? It’s such a fun, addictive, and easy-peasy craft. It can transform everyday items around your home into something special. Here’s a beginner’s guide, How To Decoupage, And 6 Easy Projects. In it, there is lots of helpful information to get anyone started on their fun decoupage journey, whether a beginner or a seasoned podger. You might also like to see my most recent decoupage project, Easy And Beautiful Decoupage Lamp DIY.
2. My daughter, Jacqueline, made the best salad when our family was on a recent vacation to the Outer Banks. And it’s so easy- here’s the recipe: Arrange the following on a platter: cut yellow pear or cherry tomatoes, fresh cherries halved and pitted, white peaches cut about the size of the cherry tomatoes, 8 oz of baratta cheese broken into large chunks. Make a salad dressing: Add 1/2 cup olive oil, 1/4 cup white balsamic vinegar, 1 TBS honey, 1/2 finely chopped shallots, 2 TBS chopped fresh dill, salt, and pepper in a jar with a tightly fitting lid and shake. Drizzle over salad and Baratta. Sprinkle with toasted pinenuts and garnish with basil. Serve with good, crusty bread.
3. It’s Hydrangea time! Hydrangeas are a gift that keeps on giving. They are such big romantic blooms! So now is the time to cut the and bring them in to enjoy! And to keep them looking their best, How To Keep Cut Hydrangeas is a very informative post with lots of tried and true tips for keeping hydrangeas looking their best and lasting longer. And if you would like to dry hydrangeas, you can find out the best way to dry them HERE.
4. Decor Finds: Lots of sales this week!
Under $60- these 12-piece set of dishes in blue (I have them in black and white), this rattan caddy (under $10), my pom pom natural pillows (great for fall), this beautiful fluted stoneware bowl, just ordered (LOVE) this large stoneware plant pot, this black iron notched candlestick in three sizes, a set of 4 napkins on super sale, and this natural wood pillar candle.
Under $150- my favorite silver tray for fall and the holidays (gorgeous!), this neutral rug, these handsome linen curtains with fringed edges, this gingham pillow with fringe edges on super sale, this macrame edged bedskirt on sale, this glass hobnail lamp, and this classic handknit throw blanket just in time for fall.
Worth The Splurge: This beautiful round natural pine table, this beautiful round mirror (on sale), this stunning wingback bench, this 2-drawer open shelf side table in my favorite color, and this 4-drawer bow front chest.
6. Good Eats: Did you see the Easy Dinner Weekly Roundup I posted last Friday? YUM! It features 45 easy and amazingly delicious recipes for weekend family dinners and company. These recipes only seem like you have been cooking all day long because they are that good! See these recipes and all the Recipe Roundups HERE.
7. Fun And Interesting Facts: What is the official sport of Maryland? What is the Cookie Monster’s real name?
8. Summer Vacation Wardrobe Capsule: This classy woven beach tote, this pretty straw hat, this blue and white pintuck top, my favorite summer slim-legged pants, this stunning black and white skirt, and wear that skirt with this black lace-sleeved tee.
9. Here are my favorite finds from Amazon this week.
10. I’ve been posting a series for “Thinking about Fall.” I know it is still July, but while you are on vacation or enjoying the pool or when the heat chases you inside, you might want to think about fall decorating! Here’s my most recent post: 5 Beautiful Organics To Help You Transition From Summer To Fall. And here are three more helpful posts in this series: 8 Fall Decorating Trends To Look Forward To In 2023, The Smart Girl’s Guide To Easy Fall Decorating, and Early Fall Coffee Bar Ideas For Small Spaces.
Answer to #7: Since 1962, the official sport of Maryland is jousting. Sid is the Cookie Monster’s real name.
Lory | Designthusiasm
1. I just updated my Ultimate Guide to Buying French Inspired Furniture. It includes affordable pieces divided by furniture category for a french, farmhouse or vintage inspired home. This is not your fussy, old school, French Country decor but rather a fresh and charming modern take on the style.
2. FASHION PICKS: I love to update my warm weather capsule as we get well into the summer and start to gear it to transition into fall. No fall colors here, nor heavy pieces. Just layering options, button downs, short sleeve sweaters and the like. Pieces I just got (all on sale!) include this classic short sleeve cashmere top, this lovely blue-striped button down shirt, this nautical striped tee (perfect under a navy blazer with white jeans), and these perfect ankle length stretch ponte pants (great fit and price, full range of wearable colors – I got the ecru and the charcoal).
3. THIS WEEK ON THE BLOG I shared these 4 Interpretations of Modern Coastal Decor, how I Created a Charming Stairway Nook, these 5 Ways to Upgrade Your Family Room for Luxury and Comfort and how to set a Special Outdoor Table Using Ordinary White Dishes.
4. CURRENT DECOR CRUSHES UNDER $50: I’m enjoying some early fall trends including these lovely faux dry grass branches, this wonderful leopard pillow cover, this fabulous tortoise glass vase, and this organic set of 3 neutral trays.
5. CURRENT DECOR CRUSHES UNDER $100: These textured basketweave throw blankets, these textured metal candle holders, this decorative dried wheat bundle in a fresh new color, and these beautiful faux fig stems.
6. CURRENT DECOR CRUSHES UNDER $200: This elegant faux golden-yellow berry wreath, this lush velvet comforter, this chic table lamp covered in soft linen, and this tri-footed ceramic centerpiece bowl.
7. Now that we’ve all been using our patios for a month or so, it’s a great time to assess and reevaluate the decor. You’ll find ideas for refining the patio to reflect your style and needs in this post that illustrates how our patio has evolved over the past few years.
8. FURNITURE DEALS: Curves are everywhere and so is comfort. On-trend new shapes include this organic rounded console table, this velvet upholstered barrel chair, this elegant round wood coffee table, this wonderfully curvy end table and this plush linen blend sectional couch.
10. UP NEXT: The very beginning of fall decor…in a patio and a tablescape.
Ann | On Sutton Place
1.) Recently on the blog, I’ve been talking about one of my favorite things in the world…hydrangeas. I shared The Ultimate Guide To Growing Limelight Hydrangeas, and I also completely updated How To Make Cut Hydrangeas Last Longer. Gather your blooms and enjoy!
2.) BACK IN STOCK! The viral Norfolk pine garland and matching wreath that sold out everywhere last Christmas is back in stock. These two pieces were nowhere to be found last year by Thanksgiving. Take a look at my Christmas living room to see what the garland looks like, and here is our front porch featuring the wreath.
3.) FAVORITE QUOTE: “My life, my legacy, and my story – it won’t center around worldly accomplishments. I’ll never be remembered for any job I held or big achievements. My whole life revolved around who I loved, who I raised, and who I worshipped. That’s the legacy I want to leave. That’s my story.”
Quote from Courtney Devich…but I wish I had said it.
4.) INSPIRING THINGS: tour this compact and neutral kitchen, and see how this charming 1920’s bungalow was updated, especially the cute kitchen. This charming Nantucket historic home was renovated with great care, and if you haven’t seen Miss Mustard Seed’s new kitchen, you are in for a treat!
5.) Do you wish you could update your home without completely starting over? Begin by replacing one thing at a time, and a good place to start is with the lighting. When we moved into our current home, I replaced the pendant lights over the kitchen island…and it made such a big difference. Just that one thing completely changed the look and feel of our kitchen. Our lights are no longer available, but this one is very close. It also comes in oil rubbed bronze, and gorgeous brushed brass.
6.) Are you wishing for easy-to-wear outfits that are comfortable yet stylish…and casual? Here’s an idea. You can’t go wrong with a striped t-shirt dress, and either sandals or mules. Add a cardigan sweater or jean jacket for cooler evenings, or dinner out in a chilly restaurant. Make sure to top everything off with a cute handbag, and a couple of bracelets!
7.) If you are cooped up inside because of the extreme heat, and you need a sweet and chocolate pick-me-up, I have just the thing. Check out my Brownie for One. (I just updated the recipe too.) It is is completely satisfying, and you don’t have to worry about portion control!
8.) Do you wish you could travel back to a simpler time? Sometimes I do, and even though I know it’s wasted wishing effort, I do it anyway! It helps me to watch a movie that features times gone by. A few choices are The Magic of Ordinary Days (Hallmark Movies Now via Amazon Prime), The Notebook, and A Walk In The Clouds (both can be rented for a small fee on Amazon Prime.) You can also travel back in time by watching Downton Abbey, or any Jane Austen movie!
9.) That’s it for this week. My grandchildren are coming to Ohio this weekend and staying for two weeks. I can’t even tell you how much I’m looking forward to the visit. I am going to try and keep up with the blog, but if I come up missing, you’ll know why!
Do You Love Farmhouse Style?
Sign up for my FRESHLY UPDATED and EXPANDED email series and see how easy it is to add touches of Farmhouse Style
to your existing decor.