Your weekly dose of new ideas, helpful hints, favorite items, and tidbits of wisdom…from a trio of lifestyle bloggers who love to share!
Affiliate links included. Click HERE for my disclosure statement.
Lory | Designthusiasm
1. This week, I unveiled the all NEW Fall Decor Shop, with top decor options from key categories including fall wreaths, branches, pillows and throws and a lot more. The products include the latest fall trends, as well as favorite classics, and the links are all freshly updated.
2. FEATURED AMAZON SHOP: Incredibly well-priced rustic chic furniture!
3. THIS WEEK ON THE BLOG I shared these Top Fall Decor Trends, these Warm Autumn Decor Ideas for the Kitchen, this tutorial for a DIY Chalk Painted Vintage Dresser and how to Personalize Your Home with Decorative Hardware & Trim.
4. FASHION PICKS: Let’s talk transitional jackets. I always go classic because they’re great between seasons (both fall and spring) and get a lot of wear. Even in winter I wear a lighter jacket if I’m just going to the mall and don’t want to carry a heavy jacket or if I’ll be mostly in the car. I’m loving this shorter trench coat, this quilted riding jacket, this classic jean jacket and this flannel lined barn jacket.
5. There is so much more to bedroom decorating than buying bedding (although that’s important, too). See how our guest room decor has evolved as I’ve refined my taste.
6. CURRENT DECOR CRUSHES UNDER $50: Top seller from last week = this white terracotta vase with handles. Also loving this wonderful calcite stone bowl, this resin tabletop David sculpture, and these kitchen bins with bamboo lids (set of 4).
8. CURRENT DECOR CRUSHES UNDER $200: Top seller = this faux French lavender in pot. Also loving this chic ceramic side table, this faux olive tree in a glazed pot, and this neutral hand hooked Turkish rug.
9. WHAT’S INSPIRING ME AROUND THE WEB: Love this home’s perfect mix of modern and traditional. The most elegant barn I’ve ever seen is also the home of Ashton and Mila. It’s quite fabulous! Sometimes a simple, warm and delightful home has its own form of magnificence.
10. UP NEXT: summer-into-fall transitional capsule wardrobe…
Ann | On Sutton Place
1.) On the blog this week I shared how planning ahead can make decorating for the seasons simpler, and much more enjoyable. It also allows you to savor the current season, while planning for the next. Both are very good things!
2.) FASHION FINDS: I just ordered this blue and white checked tunic, I wear one of these shirttail tees almost every day, this waffle texture sweatshirt comes in 4 lovely autumn colors, if you need a new jean jacket, this one is super cute, I love this striped tee that comes in 5 different color combos, and I treated myself to this crewneck pullover that is comfy and flattering.
3.) FAVORITE QUOTE: “If anyone is magically going to appear and just suddenly make your life better, just know that person is always going to be you.”
4.) INSPIRING PLACES: see how this Colonial home in the Poconos was remodeled on a shoestring budget, I love the eclectic kitchen in this Nashville cottage, see amazing before and after pic of this 100-year-old home, and take a look at how a dilapidated 1970s house was transformed into something amazing.
5.) (RESHARE) FIVE DAILY REMINDERS: 1.) You cannot change your past. 2.) Others’ opinions do not define your reality. 3.) Positive thoughts cultivate positive actions. 4.) Overthinking a problem will not solve the problem. 5.) You cannot make everyone happy.
~Lessons Taught By Life
6.) NEUTRAL LAMPS: if you are wishing for a small update to one of your spaces, an easy thing to do is replace your lamps. Going neutral will allow you to move your lamps from room to room. This creamy white glazed lamp has texture and a perfect shade, this double gourd design is a great height, and I love the silhouette of this tall, slender modern lamp. This white and gold beauty with cut-outs is on sale, and this Herron table lamp is a bit of a splurge, but totally worth it!
7.) WHAT’S FOR DINNER? Honestly, most of the time I have no idea! But…I recently made chicken and rice soup, a favorite of both my husband and my dad. I also made rosemary parmesan chicken with fresh rosemary from my herb garden. On the menu this week are ham and swiss sliders, and French bread pizza. We’re also enjoying fresh Ohio corn on the cob whenever we can, big juicy peaches, and delicious homegrown tomatoes. The perks of living in Ohio in August!
8.) Apple season is almost here. I have a recipe collection of easy apple dishes that I give away to my email subscribers. If you want a copy, just fill out the form at the bottom of THIS PAGE. (If you are already an email subscriber, go ahead and fill out the form. You won’t have duplicate subscriptions.)
9.) We’re in what are sometimes called the “dog days of summer.” I’m tired of watering, and the hot temps seem hotter. But…the days are getting shorter, and every so often, I feel a breeze that says fall is coming. It’s not here yet, but it’s around the corner, and I’m ready!
Do You Love Farmhouse Style?
Sign up for my FRESHLY UPDATED and EXPANDED email series and see how easy it is to add touches of Farmhouse Style
to your existing decor.
Yvonne | StoneGable
1). I’ve been easing into early fall. As a blogger, I try to create seasonal posts about a month before most of you begin to decorate! I must admit I LOVE all things fall, so it has been so much fun to enjoy summer but begin to celebrate fall. Here is the latest from the blog… 11 Smart And Inexpensive Fall Decorating Ideas, 5 Beautiful Organics To Help You Transition To Early Fall, and Early Fall Coffee Bar Ideas For Small Spaces.
2. Capsule Wardrobe: did you see these so comfortable stretch pants and this jersey jacket I got and love, and these smooth fit dressy-er jeans, and this twill shirt jacket, this beautiful tunic on sale, these mixed metal earrings and this wear with everything bracelet.
4. Decor Crush This Week:
Under $69: this beautiful waffle throw, set of two metal trays, these matte black gorgeous pair of candles, my favorite trio of lidded baskets on super super sale, my favorite fall leaf appetizer plates, this gorgeous embroidered pillow, this chick 4-wick pumpkin candle, and this sweet glass pumpkin on sale (there are two sizes).
Under $150: This set of three brass candlesticks, I have this pillow and love it, my favorite anytime wreath, this beautiful European dough bowl, this stunning Audubon swan picture, and here is another Audobon swan picture that is its mate.
Under $250: the one show-stopper vase you will ever need.
5. Beautiful Homes And More: A beautifully renovated 1813 home (I love the owner’s thoughtful decorating), this designer video shows us how to decorate a small home, here are ideas to make a small home have a designer look, I love these spot-on tips for getting an IG-worthy looking home, and this English country home,
6. For All You Foodies: this food site is delicious; these overnight oats look so yummy, this recipe I can’t wait to try this delicious panko chicken, our favorite salad, and a great way to use overripe bananas.
7. Fun And Interesting Facts: What is the smallest mammal in the world? Where was German chocolate cake invented?
8. Here are my favorite finds from Amazon this week.
9. Decorating School: Did you know there is a section of my blog called Decorating School? There are lots of posts like How To Decorate A Room With Both Classic And Trendy Decor, 7 Designer Tips For Decorating With Neutrals, and How To Decorate A Hutch, Sideboard, Or Any Other Flat Surface In Your Home. I can help you decorate your home! Just head over to the Decorating School section of the Homepage.
10. World To Live By: When prayer becomes your habit, miracles become your lifestyle.
Answers to #7: the smallest mammal is a bumblebee bat. It is 1 inch long with a wingspan of 5 inches. German chocolate cake was invented in Texas by Sam German. Now you know!