Your weekly dose of new ideas, helpful hints, favorite items, and tidbits of wisdom…from a trio of lifestyle bloggers who love to share!
Affiliate links included. Click HERE for my disclosure statement.
Lory | Designthusiasm
1. If you love vintage style but don’t love the expense of high end antiques, be sure to take a look at: 10 Ways to Save Money When Decorating with Vintage-Inspired Decor.
2. Check out a fresh new look at our family room, using a softened fall color palette and cozy fabrics for a tranquil, but seasonal, living environment.
3. CURRENT DECOR CRUSHES UNDER $60: This vintage-inspired utensil crock, this rattan picture frame, this stunning alabaster candle holder, these lovely fall branches, and these handcrafted terracotta gourds.
5. CURRENT DECOR CRUSHES UNDER $200: This woven palm basket (makes a wonderful wall hanging), this weathered finish outdoor planter, this chunky knit throw blanket (a best-seller!), and this mini elm wood stool.
6. THIS WEEK ON THE BLOG I shared this fall living room decorated with heirloom pumpkins, these fall porch and entry foyer ideas, these FREE printable Halloween candy bag labels and this cheery rose gold fall tablescape.
7. FASHION PICKS: Want elegant comfort? Try this classic cashmere crew neck over these buttery soft leggings with these chic cap toe booties. Add this soft silk scarf (40% off at checkout) and this lightweight tote. Makes the perfect outfit for travel, errands, or working at home. Add this oversized blazer to kick it up a notch for the office or dinner out.
8. Pop over to see this week’s all new FEATURED AMAZON PICKS.
9. FAVORITE QUOTE: “We travel because we need to, because distance and difference are the secret tonic to creativity. When we get home, home is still the same, but something in our minds has changed, and that changes everything.” – Jonah Lehrer
10. UP NEXT: An elegant modern French house tour…
Ann | On Sutton Place
1.) The 2024 OSP printable calendar is ready! I’ve already received so many positive emails about next year’s calendar, and it’s been really fun hearing how you all are using it. It’s free for my email subscribers, so if you would like to download your very own copy, just CLICK HERE.
2.) SALE ALERT! The gorgeous Norfolk Pine products available from Afloral are currently 25% off when you use the code NORFOLK. Available right now are the wreath, the 60 inch garland, the 15 foot garland, the 3 foot pine tree, and a pine branch. The sale runs until Friday! (HERE is the garland on our mantel. I used two 60 inch pieces. HERE are the wreath and little trees on our porch.)
3.) It’s jeans weather, and one of the best places to find affordable and very cute jeans is Walmart. My favorite style is this mid rise version, but there’s also these high waist skinny jeans. I’m also thinking about getting these super cute mid rise wide leg jeans. The Free Assembly short trench coat I featured in my fall capsule wardrobe post is back in stock, in every size! I have a set of these comfy sweatshirts (love them), and I just ordered this feminine puffed sleeve top.
4.) FAVORITE QUOTE: “Maybe it’s not about having a beautiful day, but about finding beautiful moments.” ~Anna White
5.) IS IT MUM SEASON WHERE YOU ARE? Mum season is here, and using mums in your fall outdoor decor is fun and fulfilling. Here is everything you need to know to keep your gorgeous fall mums alive as long as possible!
7.) INSPIRING PLACES: tour this bright and beautiful country cottage in the Scottish Highlands, see the calming period decor in this beautiful 16th century former inn in Hertfordshire, check out this rustic and charming Maine cabin, and also this renovated 1820s center-hall Colonial in Connecticut.
8.) LET’S BAKE SOME BREAD! I just updated two of my most popular bread recipes. (All new pictures, fresh links, and additional information.) First, this English Muffin Bread is super easy, and it makes such a hearty breakfast. Second, this Rosemary Buttermilk Bread is a savory treat that pairs perfectly with soups and salads.
9.) I love to share this wreath every fall simply because I think it’s stunningly beautiful!
10.) SELF-CARE RESHARE: If you don’t keep track of your blood pressure at home, you should. I love this digital blood pressure machine, and it’s super easy to use. You literally put the cuff on, and push a button. My doctor and I have been working to get my pressure down, and I’m relieved to say that we finally have my medication figured out. I’m really happy with how I feel, and with my readings. If you don’t have a blood pressure machine, please consider it! I also added a blood pressure page to the printable calendar, so it’s super easy to keep track of your numbers.
Have a lovely week…and don’t forget to celebrate the first day of fall on Saturday!
FOR ANYONE WHO WANTS
A SIMPLER LIFE.
I’ve been there. I know how you feel.
I can help.
Yvonne | StoneGable
1. The 2023 Fall Harvest Shops are finally open! A beautiful start to fall decorating right here! Get lots of items for adding touches of this favorite season to your home. You can also window shop each category for lots of ideas for your home for fall! If you like StoneGable’s style, you will love all the items in the shops.
2. It’s A FALL TOUR! Don’t we love to look around someone’s home and see how they are decorating for the season? See my 2023 Fall Kitchen Tour with lots of easy ideas for you! And don’t miss part 1 of the Simple And Organic Home Tour.
3. Here are my favorite finds from Amazon this week. I found lovely things for fall this week!
4. Super Easy One Pot Meal Idea: In a Dutch oven, heat 1 TBS of olive oil over medium-high heat. Add 1 large sliced onion, 1 sliced red pepper, and 1 lb of Italian sausage out of the casing and pulled apart. Cook for 5 minutes over medium heat until the onions are translucent. Add 2 cloves of minced garlic and 1 tsp of smoked paprika and stir for about a minute. Add one cup of rice, stir, and cook for a couple of minutes. Add 2 cups chicken stock and stir to combine. Cook for about 15 minutes over medium-low heat with the lid on until the rice is cooked. YUM!
5. Decor Finds:
Under $60- I got this to put beside my stove for my cooking utensils and more, this is my favorite glass serving bowl with a wooden lid, this set of three gold-tone candles, this beautiful one thing that you can use when you just need ‘something’ on a table, this seasonal storage box will put a smile on your face, this should be your one new fall pillow in this perfect color (I just got 2), this hyacinth bowl basket is perfect for a small mum, and this large utility basket that will cozy up a room with texture.
Under $100- this stunning wool throw is perfect for chilly weather, just one of these Aspen branches in an oversized vase would make a whole room look like fall, and I just ordered one of these antique gold trays for my coffee table.
6. Beautiful Home And More: This luxury apartment in London is a must-see! Although it is very high-end, there are so many little takeaway ideas! Our designer friend, Lisa, is sharing 7 design tips for a small entryway– love it! Jenna has such great ideas for fall decorating, with lots of tips.
7. Fall Fashion Wardrobe Capsule: My favorite fall coat, this adorable layered tee, this wear-everywhere dress, this great quilted riding jacket, this long sweater jacket that will go with most of your fall closet, this stunning relaxed silky shirt in oyster, this wear-everywhere gold bracelet, and these blingy earrings because every outfit can use a bit of bling!
8. Christmas Preview: It’s not too early to get your holiday home decor staples. This is my favorite garland, this gorgeous set of gold bells, this beautiful set of jingle bells, the most real-looking Norfolk Pine wreath, this set of metallic paper Christmas ornaments, this simple lit tabletop tree that is a bit delightfully sparse (seeing a lot of this for Christmas 2023), and this showstopper red Christmas table runner.
9. Did you get our 36-page 2023 Fall Inspiration Idea Book? It is full of beautiful seasonal images and ideas! Make sure to get your free copy!