Your weekly dose of new ideas, helpful hints, favorite items, and tidbits of wisdom…from a trio of lifestyle bloggers who love to share!
Affiliate links included. Click HERE for my disclosure statement.
Yvonne | StoneGable
1. Are you a downsizer? Or are you thinking about downsizing? Did you know there is a popular Downsizing Series on the blog to help you through the emotional and physical processes of downsizing? I just added a new post, How To Make Your Children (And Their Families) Feel Comfortable In Your Downsized Home. In this post are great ideas for helping family members feel welcomed and comfortable in your new home.
2. If you like soup, you will love 42 Best Fall Soups And What To Eat With Them. All of these soups are tested and family-approved! YUM! And here are two fall-inspired sweet treats to serve for dessert: my favorite Raw Apple Cake and Pumpkin Spice Cake Mix From A Box Mix.
3. Amazon Finds: Here are my favorites from Amazon this week. I found lovely things for fall this week!
4. Fall Wardrobe Capsule: Friends, please indulge me. I found so many beautiful things for fall. I just got these upscale jeans for fall and love them. This wear-everywhere tunic, this reversible barn jacket, this classic fine gauge cotton sweater in lots of colors, this cozy turtleneck sweater, this gorgeous half-zip sweater, this beautiful reversible knit jacket, this pretty fine gauge crewneck sweater, this classic ribbed turtleneck sweater, and my favorite fall loafers (interesting patterns).
5. In Case You Missed It: You might like our 36-page Fall Inspiration Idea Book! Brimming with seasonal ideas you can use in your home!
6. Decor Crushes: Under $60- this white coiled basket, this must-have decorative bowl, this striking fall wreath, this marble bowl, this oversized fall plaid boucle pillow, this wooden dough bowl, this leafy iron wreath that would look so pretty anywhere and a bargain, and this beautiful sand and skyscape print.
Over $60- This rug (LOVE), this gorgeous chunky knit throw (on sale), these breezy linen curtains, this dark bronze trio of candlesticks, this round goldtone drink table, this ample swivel chair, and this so chic sconce.
7. Fun And Interesting Facts: What thing do you have more of a chance of seeing in the night autumn sky? When is the harvest moon?
8. Beautiful Homes And More: This Jenna Pierce video has so many decorating ideas. I was so surprised to see one of my fall images in her video she used as inspiration. And Kristen shares 10 designer dupes you should know. And our friend Lisa Holtz answers the burning question: Is Farmhouse style dead? And she is sharing how to Do Fall Right.
9. Things To Watch: I so enjoyed season 1 of The Gilded Age. Here is a look at season 2 coming October 29th. The costumes and the sets are exquisite, and I can’t get enough of them. See Designing The Gilded Age, its so interesting,
Answer to #7: According to NASA, autumn is aurora season. Geomagnetic storms are about twice as frequent as the annual average during this time of year. September 29th will be the harvest supermoon.
Lory | Designthusiasm
1. Looking to add fall color to your home? Check out this brand new fall decor post: 12 Tips for Adding Fall Color to the Living Room.
2. FOR MORE FALL DECOR IDEAS: this week on the blog I shared these Fall Entry Foyer Ideas, these FREE fall Printable Menus, Place Cards and Napkin Rings and this most popular Autumn Table with Dough Bowl Centerpiece.
3. See my FEATURED AMAZON PICKS of the week for amazing deals on furniture!
4. CURRENT DECOR CRUSHES UNDER $150: This cozy cable knit throw blanket, this stunning live autumn leaves wreath, this silky Mongolian sheepskin pillow (in gorgeous fall colors), and this beautiful round oak bread board.
7. For all-year decor, see these Updated Family Room Ideas for Style and Practicality and this renovation From Storage Closet into a Dream Butler’s Pantry.
6. FASHION PICKS: These wide leg trousers, this button-up silky shirt, this perfect leather belt and this plaid shawl. Top it off with this reefer wool blend coat (I like the camel), this pebble leather cross body bag and these fabulous suede loafers.
9. WHAT’S INSPIRING ME AROUND THE WEB: Just discovered and fell in love with this Instagram account. From these gorgeous dramatic entry doors, to these wonderfully styled living room bookshelves, to this awesome bright-as-can-be laundry room, to this amazing stairway. I love it all and so much more!
10. UP NEXT: Hosting a cozy movie night at home…
Ann | On Sutton Place
1.) I shared some very simple ways to add touches of fall to your kitchen by combining what you already have with a few new things. It’s amazing what a difference these little changes can make!
2.) SEPTEMBER BEST SELLERS: this super cute denim boyfriend shirt (on sale), these Hearth & Hand brass wall hooks, this detailed navy accent cabinet, these affordable and great-fitting mid rise jeans, this practical, longer-length denim jacket, and my favorite long sleeve tee.
3.) FAVORITE QUOTE: “Don’t overwhelm yourself. Just do what you can right now. Remember that you can’t lift a thousand pounds all at once, yet you can easily lift one pound a thousand times. Small, consistent, repeated efforts will get you there. ~markandangel
4.) INSPIRING PLACES: tour this cozy New England seaside getaway appropriately called “Searoost,” and step inside this completely renovated 1920s cottage on Lake Michigan. This kitchen just became one of my all-time favorites, and see how this farmhouse was lovingly restored to her former dignity.
5.) If you are in the market for some new bathroom rugs, I have great news! I recently found the best rugs I’ve ever had. When we moved to our current home, I purchased a set of rugs that lasted about a year. I replaced that set, and the second set didn’t last either. After a great deal of searching, I decided to try these Threshold Signature rugs from Target. I’m so happy with their comfy feel, they wash up beautifully, and they are reasonably priced. They come in 3 sizes, and 10 colors. I’ve used them for a few months, and so far so good!
7.) PUMPKINS SEASON: pictured above, is an adorable and affordable canvas print. I love this pumpkin stoneware tureen, this large white pumpkin is perfect for inside or out, and here’s a smaller version. This stunning velvet pumpkin comes in 2 autumn-inspired colors, I adore this decorative rattan pumpkin that’s on sale, and I think the colors on this set of pumpkin plates are lovely.
8.) WHAT I’M WATCHING: Love Sarah on Amazon Prime. Love At First Sight and Happiness For Beginners on Netflix. The Devil Wears Prada, The Intern, and 27 Dresses on Hulu. (Oldies but goodies!)
9.) Coming soon to the blog: I’m updating my post (circa 2015) on making homemade vanilla, I’m going to try my hand at painting pumpkins (wish me luck,) and I’m working on a new soup recipe. If you aren’t on my email list, we’d love for you to join use. Just sign up HERE.
10.) Wishing you all a perfect week. When we meet again next Wednesday, it will be October!