Your weekly dose of new ideas, helpful hints, favorite items, and tidbits of wisdom…from a trio of lifestyle bloggers who love to share!
Affiliate links included. Click HERE for my disclosure statement.
Ann | On Sutton Place
1.) I recently shared a twist on the classic Snickerdoodle cookie by adding pumpkin…and these Pumpkin Snickerdoodle Cookies are delicious! I’m also offering a free printable treat bag topper that turns plain cellophane bags into something fun and festive.
2.) One of my very favorite decor accessories is a great wood tray. I have a mix of round and rectangle trays, and they move around our home all the time. This Acacia wood tray with gold handles is one of my favorites, and this round wood tray with black handles is super versatile and the perfect size. (You can see it pictured above.) I also love this smaller round tray with beaded trim that’s available in two colors, this rustic wood tray with metal handles, and this set of 2 nesting trays is functional and beautiful.
3.) FAVORITE QUOTE: “The great benefit of slowing down is reclaiming the time and tranquility to make meaningful connections–with people, with culture, with work, with nature, with our own bodies and minds.” ~Carl Honorè
4.) I am just beginning to think about Christmas, and how I want to design our decor. I know I want new ribbon for our Christmas tree, because I am definitely ready for a change! When I was searching, I found an Etsy shop called Bella Wreaths Too with the most gorgeous ribbon I’ve ever seen. Some of it’s pricey, but a good portion is very reasonably priced. I ordered this green plaid 4-inch ribbon and I am in love with it. If you love ribbon, you definitely have to check it out.
5.) BEAUTIFUL INSPIRATION: this rambling, 28-acre renovated farm, this renovated farmhouse in Connecticut that was gutted and brought back to life, this cozy retreat features a shiplap wall and tons of texture, and this space begins with a classic plaid rug, and includes an interesting way to hang wall art over the bed.
6.) Earlier this fall, I shared a very fun craft project where I stained natural dried gourds. If you are perhaps wondering what fall decor using unstained gourds looks like, take a look at this fall mantel with muted classic colors. It’s simply stunning.
8.) If you have ever wondered if you’re using the best tasting canned pumpkin puree, I came across this article and I loved reading the results. You might be surprised at their winner!
9.) Our leaves are beginning to turn, the evenings are chilly, and the days are getting shorter. Enjoy these lovely and limited fall days!
Yvonne | StoneGable
1. Happy October! October is my favorite month. October Is A Great Month To… is a fun way to get ideas and celebrate this glorious month.
2. Amazon Finds: Here are my favorites from Amazon this week. I could not resist adding a few Christmas to the mix this week!
3. Decor Crushes This Week: under $100.00- these rich fall-into-Christmas pillows, this sweet neutral leaf wreath, these square goldtone or black lanterns perfect for fall and for Christmas decorating, this beautiful and inexpensive wood cake pedestal, my favorite fall pillow, this large pumpkin serving bowl, and this comfy natural and white or blue and white gingham comforter and sham set.
4. Over $100.00- We just got this gorgeous oval coffee table in natural for our living room! It’s the eighth one, and is finally a keeper! This lovely set of two buffet cabinets, my leather recliner in pebble that does not look like a recliner (LOVE), this stunning velvet sofa, and this luxurious velvet quilt for cooler weather.
6. Cute Fall Clothes: this classic ribbed oversized turtleneck, this beautiful sweater jacket, this on-trend short trench coat, this blouse is gorgeous in oyster, this cable knit sweater is so versatile, these are my go-to wear everywhere pants (so comfy and great fit), I know these shoes are pricy, but my feet are worth it! Just got these loafers and love them.
7. Fun And Interesting Facts: What is the full moon in October called? What are October’s birth flowers? What is a pumpkin’s favorite sport?
8. Did you know that there is a Fall Foliage Color Map. This map will show you when the leaves in your area are changing and the best time for leaf peeping!
9. Fall Recipe: Stuffed acorn squash is an autumnal treat! Here is an easy recipe you can use to customize. Preheat oven to 375°. Cut one acorn squash from stem to root and scoop out the seeds. Salt and pepper the inside of the squash and put it cut side down in a baking dish. Add water to the baking dish so it covers about 1/4 inch. Cover tightly with foil and roast until the squash is soft, about 30-50 minutes, depending on its size. Meanwhile, prepare the filling. Combine 1/2 cup of cooked protein (chicken, sausage, bacon), 1-2 cups of cooked vegetables (onions, mushrooms, greens like kale, spinach, or Swiss chard), 1/2 cup of cooked grains (quinoa, rice, barley), 2 TBS nuts (walnuts, pecans, pinenuts) and 1/2-1 cup cheese ( gruyere, swiss, cheddar, mozzarella), pinch of nutmeg, any other spice you like and salt and pepper. Rub the inside of the roasted squash with a little olive oil. Stuff the acorn squash with the filling, and bake cut side up in a baking dish for 15-20 minutes until bubbly. Serve immediately. Serve the roasted acorn squash on a pretty fall table. See 100+ Ideas For Setting A Beautiful Fall Table.
10. Words To Live By: If it is possible, as far as it depends on you, live at peace with everyone. Romans 12:18
Answer to # 7: The full moon on October 28th is called the Hunter’s Moon. October’s birth flowers are cosmos and marigolds. A pumpkin’s favorite sport is squash!
Lory | Designthusiasm
1. Tired of the same old fall decor? Try using vintage decor to add character to your fall home.
2. FEATURED AMAZON PICKS: check out my favorite on-trend items from Amazon in this week’s curated selection!
3. CURRENT DECOR CRUSHES UNDER $100: This lovely maple leaf wreath, these adorable pumpkin deep pie dishes with lids, this faux olive tree in a pot (great for flanking the front door), and this washable neutral faded area rug (the 4’x6′ is great for an entryway).
4. CURRENT DECOR CRUSHES UNDER $200: These stunning woven wicker floor vases, this lovely set of 4 framed botanicals, this ultimate hand knit cable throw blanket, and these wonderful outdoor lanterns (perfect for your fall entryway).
5. FALL ON THE BLOG THIS WEEK: I shared this tiny back entryway decorated for fall, this easy DIY beautiful pumpkin centerpiece and this lush autumn table with dough bowl centerpiece. For a cozy fall evening with family, check out how to host a cozy movie night at home.
6. FURNITURE DEALS: This awesome tufted velvet desk chair (comes in many colors), this lovely antique white console table, this charming 2-drawer nightstand, this wonderful extendable dining table and this super-comfy pillow-top bench.
7. For everyday decorating (since not everyone decorates seasonally), you might enjoy these updated family room ideas for style and practicality
8. PRETTY KITCHEN PICKS: This antique brass triple condiment set, these lovely wood and white silicone utensils , these marble salt and pepper shakers, this snack glass canister (place a few of a single size together on the countertop), and these gold measuring spoons.
9. WHAT’S INSPIRING ME AROUND THE WEB: Love the relaxed vibe of this casual chic living room (be sure to scroll to see all the gorgeous details). This Nordic office bedroom combo is both relaxed and beautiful! This wonderful kitchen is the perfect mix of vintage with modern.
10. UP NEXT: Thanksgiving entertaining with unique style…