Your weekly dose of new ideas, helpful hints, favorite items, and tidbits of wisdom…from a trio of lifestyle bloggers who love to share!
Affiliate links included. Click HERE for my disclosure statement.
Ann | On Sutton Place
1.) If you love being comfortable, cozy, and stylish, take a look at my newest gift guide Loungewear For Women: Cozy Starts With You! I found some budget-friendly selections for women of any age, and you are sure to find something to put on your wish list.
2.) When it comes to decorating crushes, one of mine is a lovely stack of wood cutting (or cheese) boards. I don’t have enough to make a stack, but I have sprinkled a few on my plate rack. These boards come in all sizes, and many different shapes. This round one is a favorite, and this one is a bit smaller, with a slightly raised edge. I love the rustic shape of this one, and this set of three is both functional and beautiful.
3.) FAVORITE QUOTE: “You don’t have to solve your whole life overnight. And you don’t have to feel ashamed for being where you are. All you have to focus on is one small thing you can do today to get closer to where you want to be. Slowly and lightly, one step at a time. You can get there.” ~Daniell Keopke
4.) INSPIRING IDEAS: this Christmas home tour featuring earthly brown and copper, a classic and simple Christmas home tour, amazing ideas for decorating your mantel for Christmas, and a very pretty burgundy and silver Christmas mantel.
6.) STOCKING STUFFER IDEAS FOR HIM: this candy cane Chapstick, these wireless earbuds, this yummy Calvin Klein cologne, these snazzy striped socks, this after-shave cooling gel, this Pocket Juice portable charger, this multitool pen, this golf ball holder, or this clipper set.
7.) I’ll tell you what was a game-changer for me when I was wrapping presents last year…this set of red boxes. They are available again this year, they’re reasonably priced, really easy to use, and they look so pretty with this chunky twine wrapped around them.
8.) I was happy to see that season 4 of Miss Scarlet & The Duke begins on January 7, 2024, followed immediately by All Creatures Great and Small. (Both on PBS.) Season 6 of The Crown (on Netflix) begins tomorrow, and just the first four episodes will be released. The remaining six episodes will debut on December 14th.
10.) Wishing you all a lovely week. XO
Yvonne | StoneGable
1. Thanksgiving is almost here, and we are also thinking about Christmas. The Holidays are upon us. This year, I’ve taken a transitional approach to decorating for the holidays. Styling decor that I can use now through the New Year. I recently created a Christmas Dough Bowl that will be on our Thanksgiving table and our Christmas table too. This post includes step-by-step directions for making this transitional arrangement and lots of tips so you can create your own beautiful Christmas Centerpiece.
3. Amazon Finds: Here are my favorites from Amazon this week.
4. Last week I gave you a tip about preheating your oven. It’s #4 in last week’s WWW. Here’s another: Did you know that the gunk in a dirty oven actually flavors your food? And not in a tasty way. Clean your oven regularly.
5. Hostess/Christmas Gifts: these sweet marble and brass bee cocktail picks, just got this beautiful copper tray with antler handles, this marble tree Cheeseboard, this plaid Cyprus scented candle, this pack of 4 copper finished coasters, three creamy white ceramic lit trees, and this set of three brass candlesticks with these candles.
6. Thanksgiving is a little more than a week away. If you have overnight guests, Thanksgiving Coffee Bar is a must-read. How To Host Thanksgiving In A Small Space has so many helpful ideas and tips if you, like me, are hosting this year. And if you are going to someone else’s home for Thanksgiving, 12 Tips To Be The Best Thanksgiving Guest is full of tips and has ideas for gifts, too.
7. Home Ideas: This cozy home has lots of Christmas ideas you can use in your home. This is one of my favorite homes, 1808 Colonial Christmas Home. These Christmas DIYs are amazing. I’m going to try to do a couple this year.
8. Capsule Wardrobe: This is my favorite coat this year. I love the boiled wool look. This pintuck tunic I just ordered, and these attractive and comfy pants, this long puffer jacket (LOVE), and this holiday dress is gorgeous,
9. Fun and Interesting Facts: What days are generally the busiest Christmas shopping days? What does Xmas really mean?
10. Insider’s View: I thought it would be fun to give you a peek behind the camera and hear about things I don’t put on the blog. My home, for the last 3 weeks, has smelled like gingerbread. It’s fabulous and makes me hungry. You see, I’ve been working on creating a Christmas gingerbread snack cake that tastes as good as a cake from scratch. I’ve made 6 gingerbread cakes, and they all needed a bit of tweaking. They were pretty good but not perfect. So my freezer has lots of gingerbread cake in it. And cake #7 is in the oven. Until I get it perfect, you might enjoy Cranberry Orange Christmas Bundt Cake.
Answer to #9: The busiest shopping days are the Friday and Saturday before Christmas. The X in the word Xmas dates back to the 16th century. The X stands for the Greek letter that is the first letter in the word Christ. Now you know!
Lory | Designthusiasm
1. The Holiday 2023 Gift Guides are here!! You can find the first 6 categories at this link (For Her, For Him, For the Littles, For the Home, Self-care and Beauty, and Stocking stuffers). Then come back again next week for 6 more categories divided by interest.
2. AMAZON PICKS: here are this week’s favorites from Amazon.
3. THIS WEEK ON THE BLOG I shared inspiration for Using Greenery and Organics in Your Christmas Decor, these romantic French Style Holiday Decor Ideas and these Christmas Porch Decor Ideas. For holiday entertaining I also shared this Roses and Magnolia Leaves Table Setting.
4. DECOR CRUSHES: 4 GORGEOUS WREATHS:
- This snowy flocked and lighted wreath.
- This lovely cedar and magnolia berry wreath.
- This classic pre-lit wreath with pine cones.
- This exquisite teardrop swag with bells and berries.
5. DECOR CRUSHES: 4 BEAUTIFUL TREES:
- This glamorous silver tinsel fir tree.
- This traditional pre-lit faux spruce tree.
- This slender but lush rose gold tree.
- This wonderful flocked pre-lit tree.
6. DECOR CRUSHES: 4 STUNNING GARLANDS:
- This amazingly realistic faux cedar garland.
- This elegant gold metallic magnolia garland.
- This awesome white mini-berry garland.
- This chic pine and magnolia leaf garland.
7. As you ready your dining room for the season’s entertaining, you might be thinking about a sideboard or buffet server. This post looks at Selecting and Styling a French Farmhouse Buffet & Sideboard.
8. PRODUCT OF THE WEEK: Every now and then, I come across a product that’s truly exceptional. This incredible mascara is a game changer. I saw it on IG and gave it a try and let me tell you, it’s amazing! Like… really. I have pretty sparse lashes but this mascara thickens and lengthens and you don’t even have to build it up. Mind = blown.
10. UP NEXT: Bronze and brown Christmas decor.
FOR ANYONE WHO WANTS
A SIMPLER LIFE.
I’ve been there. I know how you feel.
I can help.