Your weekly dose of new ideas, helpful hints, favorite items, and tidbits of wisdom…from a trio of lifestyle bloggers who love to share!
Affiliate links included. Click HERE for my disclosure statement.
Ann | On Sutton Place
1.) My quest for some new fall clothes continues! J. Jill finally introduced some new items to their Fit Collection, which is my favorite. I’ve been waiting and waiting! I immediately ordered this top, in both nickel ombre stripe and aster multi, these leggings in loganberry blossomy floral, and this cute tunic in dark grey heather. Remember that J. Jill tops run a little big, but their bottoms run true to size. Also, the Fit leggings are a bit pricey, but they are definitely worth it. They are soft and comfy, but look so nice that I wear them everywhere.
2.) FAVORITE QUOTE from Anne of Green Gables + L. M. Montgomery: “I am so glad I live in a world where there are Octobers.” It’s almost October! I’ll be sending a brand new printable featuring this quote (pictured above) to my email subscribers either tomorrow or Friday. If you would like to join us, click HERE.
3.) Have you seen the displays on Pinterest or Instagram where a stairway is overflowing with dozens of tumbling-down pumpkins? I have never attempted it, but I think the idea is amazing. This one is my favorite.
4.) Do you use essential oils? I do, and they have truly improved my day-to-day life. My favorite oil, and one I could not live without, is Peppermint. I use it full strength, and I use it every day. It relieves headache pain, back pain, and so many other minor aches. Lately, I have been having trouble with, of all things, my thumb. If I massage some peppermint oil all over my hand, concentrating especially on my thumb, the relief is almost immediate. If you are struggling with a particular pain issue, I encourage you to give it a try!
5.) Soup season is here! I just made a family favorite, vegetable beef soup. It’s made all in one pot, and it’s so delicious. I shared some with my dad, and with a family friend. I also have a weight-loss version of vegetable soup. Get that recipe HERE.
6.) I’m thinking about getting new rugs in our living room and dining room. The rugs I currently have are showing a good bit of wear and tear. I am in love with this one, I think this plaid rug is stunning, and I also enjoy this one. I don’t make decisions like this quickly, so I’ll let you know what I decide!
7.) This one is purely inspirational…but I saw this wreath on Pinterest and my jaw dropped. I would love to have something like this!
8.) I recently had the opportunity to work with Finding Home Farms…if you follow me on Instagram, you may have seen my post. Anyway, they make their own maple syrup, they offer the best soy candles, and this pancake mix is out of this world. Everything is made in the USA, and it’s a family business run by a husband and wife team. You will love everything. Plus as an extra perk, just use the coupon code ANN20 to get 20% off everything on their site!
9.) The response to my 2022 printable calendar has been amazing…your comments and emails have been very sweet, and very much appreciated. If you missed it, get the details HERE.
10.) See you next week!
Yvonne | StoneGable
1. I get lots of questions about the furnishings in our home. Here are a few of my favorites… this classic chair, this reader favorite table, these curtains (in natural), this buffet (my fav), this lamp, and this stain-resistant rug.
3. Right now it’s all about fall decorating and creating fall things that will make our homes beautiful! And it’s also about easy decorating! Get fall decorating ideas here and here. And don’t miss this ultimate fall guide.
4. I’m writing a post called 50 All-Time Best Decorating Tips. Here are a couple of tips to help you! Group things in threes, make your bed every day, always have fresh flowers in your home. Look for more tips soon!
5. Fall fashion trends are adorable! Here are my fashion crushes for the season… these loafers, this gorgeous chunky cardigan, this chambray shirt, and did you know baggy jeans are back? I’m not sure about those yet! But I am sure about this stunning jacket (rust).
6. Fun and mindless facts this week: What is a baby puffin called? Only one NFL football team’s logo is a plant. What is it and what team?
8. I’m also writing about trends we will be seeing this Christmas. Here are a few… nature will play a big part in Christmas decor this year. All things natural like this garland. And snow on everything will be big! Check out my favorite snowy Christmas tree here. And soft and creamy colors will be big, big big. This gorgeous creamy faux fur throw is the ultimate luxury! Look for it in my Christmas tour this year!
9. I love helpful tips. Here are a few from the kitchen… use a garbage bowl and a bench scraper to clean up your work area. Thaw meat on an aluminum tray. It will defrost 30% faster! Freeze leftover wine in ice cube trays and use them in recipes.
10. Do you wish you were more organized? I do too! Here is my gift wrap center I hang in our hall closet. I use my favorite black and white gift wrap or this gold and white gift wrap for every occasion and change out the ribbon.
Answer to #6 a baby puffin is called a puffling. Isn’t that so sweet! The NFL New Orlean’s Saints logo is a fleur de lis, a stylized lily.
Next week… more great tips and links!
Lory | Designthusiasm
1. Do you guys like to decorate the bedroom for fall? I love to add little touches to bring the warmth of the season into the bedroom and I just styled this stark white bedroom with fall accents. Who knew white could look so warm? I’ve also done this neutral fall guest room with cream and beige, and this master bedroom uses brighter less traditional fall colors.
2. This week I’ve been all about home accessories. I just got this wooden bowl which looks awesome on the coffee table. Even hubby likes it! Also got this rattan lidded basket to hold my favorite cozy blanket that I love to wrap up in when we watch TV. I’m thinking of getting a console table to put behind the couch and will put this great stone urn on it and these vintage style candlesticks that I already own.
3. I’m pretty excited that the new television season is starting. This is actually an amazing statement coming from me, since traditionally I don’t watch much TV, but hubby got me into the One Chicago shows and now I’m hooked. We watch all three: Chicago Med, Chicago Fire and Chicago PD.
4. It’s absolutely sweater weather right now and I’m loving some of the trends. There’s this wonderful puffed balloon sleeve sweater that comes in a range of colors, this elegant fringed poncho that’s the perfect cover up with a dress, this yummy boyfriend cardigan that would be awesome to cuddle up in and this adorable cutout shoulder turtleneck sweater.
5. What’s inspiring me around the web: This week I’m looking at charming bathrooms. I love this modern mix of light wood with white that maintains interest with more traditional brass accents. This is a beautiful way to utilize tailored wood cabinets with white, this is a fabulous solution for adding big style to a small bathroom, and this is a stunning use of materials that is primarily white but doesn’t have that antiseptic look.
6. As mentioned above, I’m looking for a console table to put behind the sofa. I want something simple to style objects on a pretty surface. I’m considering this lovely wood one if it’s not too long, this really simple one I saw in store and just loved, this beautiful slimmer style I’m loving for the pale wood tone, and this fabulous rustic acacia wood piece that has great attitude. Would love to hear your votes in the comments!
7. RECIPE TO TRY: Definitely making this paleo Lemon Butter Chicken this week.
9. This week on the blog I shared this complete guide to fall entertaining with unique style, this updated vintage style living room with fall touches, this DIY repurposing a holiday wreath for fall, and a guide for where to find affordable French style settee benches.
10. Up next: I’m so immersed in fall that I’m working on several rooms at once. Coming soon is the front porch, the family room and the back entryway. Oh, and we finally secured a contractor for the little upstairs bath.