Your weekly dose of new ideas, helpful hints, favorite items, and tidbits of wisdom…from a trio of lifestyle bloggers who love to share!
Affiliate links included. Click HERE for my disclosure statement.
Ann | On Sutton Place
1.) ‘Tis the season to treat yourself, or a friend, to something special! One of my favorite things to do around the holidays is splurge on a set of scented soaps and lotion for my kitchen. I just ordered this winter berry set, but this winter forest set is just as wonderful. Mrs. Meyers offers peppermint, and Iowa pine. There’s also this Caldrea kitchen set in gilded balsam birch.
2.) FAVORITE QUOTE: “Faith means that you have peace even when you don’t have all the answers.” ~Joyce Meyer
3.) Have you seen the new trend for Christmas garlands? It’s an asymmetrical design where the garland is attached going across the mantel and down just one side. This is a fun and super easy way to breathe new life into your existing garland. Look at these ideas on my Christmas Pinterest board and see what you think!
4.) This is for dog owners: do you get annoyed when you’re walking your dog, and it wants to stop and sniff? Well…you should just take a deep breath and let your dog take its time. This article does a good job of explaining why it’s an important thing to do. I know from experience that some days this is easier than others!
5.) Let’s talk Thanksgiving Day gravy. Over the years, I have tried many different methods…from simply buying it at the grocery, to making it from scratch with turkey drippings. The best gravy I ever made was a few years ago, and I followed this recipe. It’s a five minute video that’s been viewed almost a million times…and it tells you exactly what to do.
6.) Collecting is something we do to make ourselves happy, and in turn, these collections can double as decor for our homes. My favorite thing to collect is ironstone pitchers…and I use that term pretty loosely. Some of my pitchers are vintage ironstone and were purchased at antique malls or online. However, most of them have been collected from places like HomeGoods and T.J. Maxx, and are not actually ironstone. Pitchers come in all sizes, and in all price ranges. They can also be found on home decor sites like Wayfair, Target, and even Amazon. This pitcher from Gracie Oaks is classic and generously sized. This beauty is a timeless shape, and this one comes in several different sizes. I have a vintage version of this milk pitcher that belonged to my mom…and it’s my all-time favorite!
7.) It’s definitely coat weather here in Ohio…but I actually love wearing puffy vests. I have this hooded vest in black, and I think I might ask for the camel one for Christmas! If you live in a climate that’s not so cold, this long fleece cardigan would be perfect.
8.) Since Thanksgiving is just around the corner, I want to share my family’s favorite dishes. First is this delicious and easy Jiffy Corn Casserole. Our can’t-have-Thanksgiving-without-it dessert is a layered pumpkin delight that my family would choose over pumpkin pie every time. In addition to the turkey, our other sides are my mom’s stuffing recipe, classic green bean casserole, and mashed potatoes. Just writing this is making me hungry!
9.) Saturday is moving day, and it will be our first night in the Sugar Maple house. I’m nervous, but I’ve planned and prepared, so I have hope that everything will go OK. If you would like to send a prayer my way, I would certainly appreciate it!
10.) Yvonne, Lory and I love that the response to our weekly wish list continues to be positive and appreciative. We look forward to it every week! If you are new, and want to catch up on previous editions, just click HERE.
Yvonne | StoneGable
1. Welcome to the StoneGable Christmas Shopping Guide. I’ve created a Christmas home decor shop with all things holiday! There are 12 festive categories with hundreds of beautiful handpicked items just for you! If you like StoneGable’s style then you will love all the things like stockings, and home decor, and wreaths and trees and ornaments, and more in the shop! Come for a visit!
3. I take a break from reading my every-growing stash of books on my nightstand and, during the Christmas holiday, read Christmas books! I used to teach and these books were my children’s favorites that I still read every year… The Best Christmas Pagent Ever, The Littlest Angel (makes me cry every time!), The Polar Express and One Snowy Night. Other more grown-up books… The Greatest Gift, Hidden Christmas, and new to me this year, A Very Nantucket Christmas.
4. Did you know I have an entire section of my blog dedicated to Christmas? Christmas Decorating, Christmas Trees, Christmas Mantels, Christmas DIY’s, Christmas Tablescapes, and Christmas Outdoor Decor. This is where you can find all my past and present Christmas posts!
5. Fun and useless facts for this week… What is one little known, but effective way to pass a kidney stone? Any of you reading this named Wendy? Your name was made up for the book Peter Pan! Makes me love the name even more!
6. Are you thinking about your Christmas holiday baking and meals yet? This make-ahead brisket is so easy we have it almost every year. And here are recipes I make every year… my favorite cookies, this is my favorite and oh, so pretty cake, and a pinecone that is really a cheeseball.
7. Decor I’m crushing on this week… this little side table I just got for my living room (super sale), this desk I’ve had for years and still love it everyday, this wall sconce, this gorgeous sideboard, this floor lamp, this upholstered platform bed we are considering, and this chic animal print ginger jar!
8. If you are in the mood to start watching Christmas movies here are a few old and newer ones I like… Elf, It’s a Wonderful Life, The Man Who Invented Christmas, The Polar Express, and The Last Holiday. I’ll have more in the coming weeks.
9. The first week of Advent is November 28th. Now, is the time to order an Advent Calendar or something to count down to Christmas. I LOVE this Advent Village, and this pretty one, and this Christmas tree one.
10. Did you notice StoneGable’s homepage? I have it decked out in all things Christmas just for you! I’ve made it easy to find all my Christmas posts to help you decorate your home!
Answer to #5 useless fact: riding a roller coaster is one way to pass a kidney stone. Just can’t imagine!
Lory | Designthusiasm
1. There’s no doubt it’s that time of year. For an in depth guide into the best of the best in wreaths and swags, be sure to check out my wreaths and swags shopping guide. I’ve included my favorites of just about every kind of wreath you can think of, from traditional to unique, lush to minimalist, in a variety of shapes and sizes, encompassing a broad range of colors.
2. For the past 2 years, I’ve started to enjoy using tabletop Christmas trees. I prefer a lush tree between 3′ and 4′, so I can place it on a low table or bench, decorate it generously and still get the feel of a full-sized tree with a little less effort and expense. I have this pre-lit green one which drops comfortably into a planter, this flocked one which is quite charming, and this fun pink one which you can see decorated HERE. This gorgeous flocked model is just a touch taller with a lot more flocking, so I’m considering adding it to my collection.
3. HOLIDAY DECOR: The little village houses from Target are sold out, but I found these adorable village tea lights in the same feeling. Also loving these neutral nutcrackers in white lacquer. These cow bells have been a fave for the past couple of years. I’m crazy in love with these vintage looking glass ball ornaments and they were sold out last week. Now they’re back so grab them quickly! Also loving these warm toned mercury glass baubles and how awesome are these LED ceramic trees?
4. HEALTHY RECIPE TO TRY: Definitely fascinated by and wanting to try this Loaded, Baked Sweet Potatoes With Kale, Lemony Tahini & Chili Roasted Chickpeas. If nothing else, it’s so pretty and colorful.
5. My Thanksgiving outfit: My all-time favorite white tee, this absolutely perfect cashmere cardigan (here’s a less costly on sale option), these on trend destructed cropped jeans (you may prefer this less expensive unripped option), this great bootie, this camel topcoat (on sale for half price!) and this awesome animal print scarf. Topping it off with this caramel tote.
6. WHAT’S INSPIRING ME AROUND THE WEB: While I typically love light and bright, this deep, rich dining room is giving me all the feels. Madly in love with the stately simplicity of this New England living room that is the ultimate in rustic elegance. And in the romantic category, this gorgeous holiday space bears all the charm of a genuine French farmhouse.
7. We’re celebrating our 40th anniversary this December. Hubby asked me yesterday if there’s anything special I want for a gift. I was actually stumped. Any ideas? Tell me in the comments: what’s on your special gifts list?
8. I like to have a wardrobe of perfumes. A wonderful way to try new scents is to find a brand that has several nice options and buy a discovery set. It’s great for travel, for gifts, and it’s a great way to find a new favorite scent. I’m a huge Jo Malone fan and this discovery set includes several of my faves. Another top choice is this one from Tom Ford (it includes Neroli Portofino – another of my current faves). And finally this unisex set from Hermes includes 2 of my faves, including my top choice right now (Eau de Citron Noir).
9. This week on the blog I shared this quietly festive holiday living room decor, this rosy pink Christmas table setting, this shopping guide for affordable tufted headboards, and 5 simple ways to create a luxury spa bath at home.
10. Up next: I’m currently working on bringing holiday style to the guest room and the family room. Be on the lookout…