Your weekly dose of new ideas, helpful hints, favorite items, and tidbits of wisdom…from a trio of lifestyle bloggers who love to share!
Affiliate links included. Click HERE for my disclosure statement.
Lory | Designthusiasm
1. If you’ll be hosting both Thanksgiving and Christmas, this is for you. Here are two completely different tables set for the two holidays – one for Christmas and one for Thanksgiving – all using the same place setting. Click over to see how I tailored them uniquely for each holiday.
2. AFFORDABLE HOLIDAY DECOR: The adorable white ceramic houses are now available in black and white. How cute is this little tree made out of pinecones in shimmery gold? It comes in two sizes. Loving this tabletop flocked downswept tree in a little galvanized bucket. These chunky knit stockings are just great. Here’s a very pretty wood Nativity. Love these fabulous wooden trees and these sweet woven bell ornaments. These wonderful white porcelain ornaments are really awesome and well priced! And of course I’m crushing on the C’est Noel pillow!!
3. We have a formal wedding to attend this weekend and I was all set to wear this black gown, but suddenly decided I didn’t want to wear long. So instead I chose this sequin jacket, with this silk camisole, these silk charmeuse pants, with a pin like this or like this one (mine was my mother-in-law’s) at the jacket closure. I need to be comfortable so I’m wearing these platforms (which is one of the reasons I prefer formal pants to a dress). Pulling it all together is this evening bag which thankfully at least fits more than a lipstick.
4. I did something this week that I’ve never done before – I got eyelash extensions! I just might become one of those people that’s totally addicted to them. Will let you know how long they last. So far it’s been almost a week and they’re going strong. Before I got them I strengthened my original lashes with this amazing serum that I highly recommend, even if… or especially if… you don’t have extensions.
5. WHAT’S INSPIRING ME AROUND THE WEB: This rustic modern front entry is chic and unique and all decked out for the holidays. This beautiful vintage dining room corner features a wonderfully styled holiday hutch with the perfect balance of dark and light. I’m truly, madly, deeply in love with this stunning white Christmas living room with the gorgeous tree!
6. WHAT YOU’RE ALL LOVING: These are the most popular items from the past couple of weeks. This delicious throw which I’m wrapped up in right now, this cheery holiday pillow which everyone seems to be buying (you’ll see it in an upcoming post), this champagne-toned Christmas tree, these vintage-looking mercury glass ornaments, and the number one most popular item is this wooden pedestal bowl.
7. FAVORITE QUOTE: “It’s better to be alone than to spend time with toxic people. It’s better to do nothing than to work on something that doesn’t matter. It’s better to rest than to climb the wrong mountain.” – James Clear
8. I’m looking for a new watch band for my Apple watch. I want something a little dressier than the basic band it came with. I was thinking of this one.
9. This week on the blog I shared this holiday family room with mixed metallics, this blue and white holiday tablescape, this DIY chalk painted cabinet and these 20 Christmas trees decorated in vintage French-inspired style.
10. Up next: My holiday gift guides are almost done. Stay tuned…
Ann | On Sutton Place
1.) One of my favorite things about our new home is the kitchen island. Our very first purchase was four of these amazing counter stools from Crate and Barrel. Our daughter actually picked them out, but everyone loves them. They’re lightweight and super easy to clean. (If you sign up for their emails, you can save 10%.) For a less expensive option, HERE are the stools my daughter has in her home.
2.) FAVORITE QUOTE: “Sometimes self care is exercise and eating right. Sometimes it’s spending time with loved ones or taking a nap. And sometimes it’s watching an entire season of TV in one weekend while you lounge around in your pajamas. Whatever soothes your soul.” ~Nanea Hoffman
3.) Cute Christmas pillows are not only a great investment, they can take your holiday decor up to the next level. They are the perfect accessory. I love this green one, and this embroidered pillow with tassels is beautiful. A few more choices are this “Merry Christmas” one, a farmhouse style red plaid lumbar pillow, and this red lumbar pillow with Christmas trees.
4.) There hasn’t been a great choice in new movies, but I found a couple that look really good and are family friendly. First is The Railway Children Return. It’s a sequel to the 1970 movie The Railway Children, and features Jenny Agutter, who appears in both movies. (If you watch Call the Midwife, Jenny Agutter plays Sister Julienne.) The first movie can be found on Amazon Prime/IMDb. The sequel opens in the UK in April 2022, and hopefully will reach us soon after that. Next is 12 Mighty Orphans. It tells the true story of the Mighty Mites, a football team from a Fort Worth orphanage during the depression. The trailer says that this team went from playing football without shoes, or even a football, to playing for the Texas state championships! You can rent it on Amazon Prime or Apple TV.
5.) So if you are of a certain age, I’m sure you knew every ABBA song by heart. When they retired, I was truly sad. (Thankfully we had the Mamma Mia movies!) Well…ABBA is back, but with a twist. If you’re curious, click HERE.
6.) With the holidays come up very soon, it’s time to try a new bubbly drink recipe. One of our favorites is this pomegranate & lime spritzer. Another fun choice is a cranberry Christmas cocktail, that’s as pretty as it is good. Both of these are mocktails, but they can be easily adapted by simply adding your favorite liquor.
7.) If you are in the market for some very cozy and cute Christmas tree ornaments, look no further. These Holiday Homes ornaments will make the perfect addition to your tree, and they would also make a lovely gift. These little white winter houses are darling as well. Think stocking stuffers!
8.) So…that’s all I have for this week. We moved on Saturday, and my life has been turned upside down! For those of you who have downsized from a long-time family home, I know you can relate. I’m very grateful for the help we had, and as of today, we are officially residing at the Sugar Maple house. I want you all to know that despite my best efforts, I am behind on email and blog work. If you sent an email with a question, I will try to answer as soon as I can. I hope to return to some semblance of normal by next week. Thank you so much for your patience…and for your friendship. If you missed my posts about the move, click HERE for part 1, and HERE for part 2.
Yvonne | StoneGable
1. This week I shared the first 2021 Christmas Tour. You can see my foyer decked out for Christmas with lots of ideas for styling your Christmas foyer too! And make sure you stop by the StoneGable Christmas Shop! I keep adding new Christmas home decor items every day. I’ve handpicked all these items with YOU in mind!
2. I just cleaned out all of my old makeup and I’m so glad I did. Here are some of my favorite skincare and makeup products I’m using now…this is my favorite concealer, and I just got this amazing neutral eye color pallette (love!). This glow enhancer really works! I also use this vitamin C serum.
3. Christmas decorating is really all about Christmas greens and arrangements of many kinds. Here is a post about how to choose and decorate with faux Christmas greens. With just a little know-how faux greens can look very realistic! There are also lots of sources for greenery too!
4. I’m thinking about holiday outfits. We aren’t doing anything very fancy this Christmas so I need clothes that will look smart and festive and also let me cook and get on the floor with my grandchildren. These pants are stylish and so comfortable! And I like this sweater, or this beautiful blush cashmere and wool sweater, or another beautiful cashmere sweater, or this reader favorite. I love these sassy flats and arent’ these pajamas so pretty for Christmas Eve and Christmas morning. These are pretty too.
5. Let’s change holidays for just a minute. Thanksgiving is just a week away. I’m hosting this year. And this is the first year I am going to use paper!!!! YIKES! Yes, paper products! My friend Marilou sets the most beautiful tables using paper and she has inspired me. I’m using this charger, and this dinner plate, and this salad/dessert plate. These dinner napkins and these cocktail napkins. With lots of flowers, our table should be very festive!
6. Fun and useless facts: What was a computer mouse called before it was called a mouse? What is the full name of Ken of Barbie And Ken fame?
7. Here’s a helpful post that is about ALL Things Artificial Trees. In this post, I shared my trees from Christmas past! And I just posted a fun Christmas DIY that will make your home smell heavenly especially if you are like me and use mostly faux Christmas greens.
8. I’m thinking about getting a new sofa for the sunroom. Here are some I love… this sofa, and this one and this one in a soft white or off white. I’m also finding huge sales on furniture like this neutral chair, and this chic loveseat, and this pretty striped chair.
9. If you have young grandchildren here are some great Christmas gifts. I got this as a big gift for each family (love), and this for my very inquisitive grandson, and this for my 15 month old grandson, and this for my three year old who love to build forts.
10. We share Christmas every other year with my children’s in-laws. And this year is our year! We have modified the tradition of St. Nicholas Day and my little ones put their shoes outside their bedroom doors when they go to bed on Christmas Eve. I just love hearing their little birdie voices delight at finding their shoes filled with little toys and goodies on Christmas morning. What special traditions do you have at your home?
Answer’s to #6: The computer mouse was once called a turtle. Ken’s full name is Ken Sean Carson. Now you know! And just to refresh your memory Barbie’s full name is Barbara Milicent Roberts.