Your weekly dose of new ideas, helpful hints, favorite items, and tidbits of wisdom…from a trio of lifestyle bloggers who love to share!
Affiliate links included. Click HERE for my disclosure statement.
Hi everyone! We are announcing the winners of our giveaways today…so scroll on down to see who the winner is. Before you do though, I want to thank everyone who left a comment to enter. Every comment was kind and encouraging…and I appreciate your support more than you can know!
Yvonne | StoneGable
1. Are you in the Christmas spirit yet? I’ve been looking for interesting ways to wrap my gifts this year and found lots of ideas! This package is so pretty! So cute ways to finish a gift instead of a bow and lots of ideas here too! And remember to check out my post How To Get Into The Christmas Spirit Here.
2. Yesterday I shared all my favorite Christmas recipes all in one place! And here are a few pretty serving ware for them. This white platter, these oval platters for pasta, salad, and more, this cake pedestal, this knife and cake server set, and this sweet baker with a lid.
3. Let’s put on our best faces for the holidays. Here’s my favorite makeup! This is my all-time favorite concealer, my favorite neutral eye shadow, my favorite (LOVE) lotion, this blush stick, and the best mascara I have ever used!
4. Here are last week’s reader favorites… this beautiful cashmere sweater, this so pretty and versatile flair dress, my newest handbag, these week-after-week popular pants, and this cozy oversized tunic! We all must be getting clothes for the winter!
5. Fun and useless Christmas facts: If you gave all the gifts in the 12 Days Of Christmas how many gifts would you give? In what country is a spider a coveted Christmas tree ornament? Did you know tinsel was once real silver? WOW!
6. Here are a few things to add to your Christmas decor to make your home more magical!
9. Here are two more Christmas videos from our favorite Piano Guys. What Child Is This and Let It Snow. Bobby and I have seen the Piano Guys in concert and they are the best show we have ever seen! If they come to your area make sure you see them!
10. And last but not least…THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU for all your beautiful comments and support for StoneGable and WWW! I was overwhelmed with comments. You are so kind and lovely!!!
Answer to #5 Christmas questions: You would give 364 gifts for Christmas. In the Ukraine a spider is considered Christmas good luck.
Lory | Designthusiasm
1. Before I say anything else I wanted to thank all of you for leaving such sweet comments on the blog this past week. There were so many lovely words that I couldn’t reply to them all, but please know I read every single one and appreciated all the kind words. It’s makes me want to offer giveaways more often and of course I wish you all could win! I’m so grateful for our wonderful readers, both those of you who have been with me for a long time and those who recently came over from Yvonne and Ann!
So without further ado, the winner of the $75 Pottery Barn gift card is: Kathryn Hay
I will be sending it to you by email. Congrats!!
2. There was also so much interest in the new comforter I purchased. Before I share the room update, which will take a little time to complete, I thought I’d share what the master bedoom looks like right now. I’m still on the fence about painting over the green walls – they’re so cheerful!
3. I also wanted to highlight my newest holiday table, a Christmas morning brunch table in which I focused on how to set a table that’s just a bit out of the ordinary. Elegant and special, yes, but breaking so many conventional rules… ;-)
4. New favorite coat alert – yes, I was all over the camel coats (and still am) but I’m in LOVE with this lighter color that just says cozy winter to me! (15% off the already reduced price and most sizes still available!) Here’s a similar color in a great puffer jacket – also on sale. Loving this delicious wrap sherpa cardigan – wear it over the faux leather leggings from last week that everyone is buying – with an elegant boot for an evening out (I have these and they are super comfortable), or with these cool flat loafers (I prefer the black) for a more casual look.
5. WHAT’S INSPIRING ME AROUND THE WEB: I always come back to my favorite soft and neutral colors like this lovely dining area (smitten with the wallpaper!), this gorgeous winter kitchen (those light fixtures!!), and this magical sitting area. And this is just the warmest and most lovely living room I can imagine!
6. LAST MINUTE GIFTS: I’ve been looking for a box for the remotes on the coffee table and I just found this set which I think will be perfect. Makes a great gift. Love this agate stone catchall for your glasses and other bedside bits. This super affordable round jewelry box is just darling and would be the best place to keep these tiny delicate earrings my daughter asked for. (The earrings are showing as out of stock right now, but scroll down for similar options until they are available.) This lovely artisan cheeseboard makes a fabulous gift. And if you’re looking for something a little more extravagant this espresso machine is really nice, and while it’s not cheap, it’s way less than most other models. Maybe a gift to yourself?
7. TOP LINKS FROM LAST WEEK: By far the top link last week was this wonderful vase. The chelsea boot was also super popular. And actually, this Apple watchband may have been number one. All three were well loved!
8. FEW MORE DECOR PIECES ON MY RADAR: I’m really crushing on these simple white terracotta bowls. If you love blue and white chinoiserie, these prints are for you. And how fun is this rustic bowl? This lovely marble and glass cloche can serve many purposes and would look great atop this charming side table and flanked by these well-priced slipcovered wingback chairs.
9. This week on the blog I shared this simple and romantic holiday mantel, this tree decorated with my favorite teacups, this interesting pattern mix Christmas table and these plantation shutters for a really great price.
10. UP NEXT: This is my 40th Anniversary weekend and I’ll be spending it in New York City, my home town. We live pretty close to the city, but it’s still a treat to spend the weekend at a lovely hotel and you can’t beat New York at Christmas time! Will we go skating at Rockefeller Center and see the Rockefeller tree? Check out the holiday window displays along Fifth Avenue, see the Rockettes at Radio City or enjoy one of the other holiday traditions in New York? I’m not sure yet, but my dinner reservations are booked!
Ann | On Sutton Place
1.) One of the easiest arrangements to throw together during the holidays consists of three things. First, some sort of bowl or tray. Second, fresh or faux greenery…and third, pine cones. Just layer the greenery in your bowl or tray, and nestle in the pine cones. (See the image above.) This is my dough bowl, but I love this one too, and this amazing pedestal bowl would work beautifully as well!
2.) I always get lots of questions about our round coffee table and end tables. We’ve had them for a few years, and they look like they are brand new. They have been used too…my grandson loves to slide around on the bottom shelf! Anyway, I was checking links for a different post, and discovered that the set is marked down to the most amazing price ever. Right now, you can get the set, coffee table and two end tables, for $289.99. I’ve watched the listing for a few days, and it hasn’t changed. (Until this morning that is! I just checked and the price is now $304.99. Still an incredible price.) We paid close to $1,000 for our set, so I was literally astonished at this sale price. If you are considering new tables, and like the rustic vibe of this set, don’t wait!
3.) FAVORITE QUOTE: “In a society that has you counting money, pounds, calories, and steps, be a rebel and count your blessings instead.” ~Lisa Heckman
4.) Do you need some new pajamas? If I were to answer that question myself, I would have to shout out “yes!” Now is the time to treat yourself. This pink sleep set looks super comfy, I love this cute night shirt, this nightgown is pretty and feminine, and I just ordered these thermal pajamas (in the blush polka dots!)
5.) Good movies playing right now on Netflix: Stepmom, The Butler, Adrift, Castle for Christmas, The Theory of Everything, The Two Popes, The Lost Husband (a favorite,) Virgin River (three seasons,) The Last Letter From Your Lover, Safe Haven, The Ottoman Lieutenant.
6.) IN CASE YOU MISSED IT! Here are some last minute ideas for celebrating Christmas. First up is this homemade stove top potpourri. It makes such a lovely (and easy) gift for family, neighbors, and friends. I love collections…so I put together my very best Christmas printables into one amazing package. Get the collection HERE. If you want a hearty and delicious recipe that makes itself in a crockpot, check out this recipe for Chicken Pot Pie Soup.
7.) You might have noticed in the image above that my pictures are not yet hung on the wall. Everything was freshly painted before we moved into the Sugar Maple House, and I can’t bring myself to pound nails in yet! I am doing it soon though, because I think art on the walls adds such a lovely, finishing touch to any room. Tip: my son told me about monkey hooks…and they are super easy to install. If you’ve never used them, give them a try!
8.) COMING SOON: I’ve got some simple but festive ways to wrap loaves of quick bread to give as gifts, and I finally have all our Christmas decorations up, so I’ll be sharing a little tour of our great room and kitchen.
9.) Now to announce the winner of last week’s giveaway. My prize is a $75 electronic gift card to Target. The winner is Amy K. and she’s been notified. A huge thank you to everyone who entered!
10.) Ten more days until Christmas!