Your weekly dose of new ideas, helpful hints, favorite items, and tidbits of wisdom…from a trio of lifestyle bloggers who love to share!
Affiliate links included. Click HERE for my disclosure statement.
Yvonne | StoneGable
1. I want to thank all of you for your good wishes and prayers for my recent bout with the flu. I’m feeling 100% better!
2. Did you know that I am doing a year-long series about all things DOWNSIZING? You can read my first post about our downsizing story here, and watch for the part 2 of our downsizing story tomorrow. Do you have a downsizing story or a question? Head over the posts and share your experience or questions with us.
3. The best Things I Purchased Lately: I adore the new lipstick I just got. It stays on, really stays on!!!! I just ordered this color too. This beautiful pillow (includes the down insert) that’s featured in the image above, this cozy throw, this long tassel cozy throw, this mirror tray, and these white spring blossom branches.
4. Here are some decor concepts that work every time to create beauty in your home… Less Is More, Everything Has A Visual Weight, and How To Use Rhythm When You Decorate. Learning how to use these concepts in your home will make you a more confident decorator.
5. Even though it is still winter try adding just a hint of the season to come to your home. Add a vase of pretty faux spring branches. Tuck a pot of ferns or other fluffy greens into your decor. Add a pillow in a muted spring color or interest motif to a chair. Enjoy white tulips in a room or two! Plant herbs in pots and add them to your kitchen counter.
6. Fun and useless facts: I’m in such a spring mood lately so do you know what the first day of spring is called? When does Easter fall on the calendar every year?
7. Decor Crushes This Week: this topiary (on sale), this smart looking floating frame, this dinner plate, this stylish and comfy chair, this long whitewashed tray, this comforter/sham set, and this wooden bowl.
8. While we are waiting for spring, now is a great time to clean and organize everything and anything in our homes. Here is The Ultimate Guide To Clean And Organize Your Home. Tons of great ideas and tips and savvy and simple ways to get your home in order!
10. Words to live by: Trust in the Lord with all your heart, and do not lean on your own understanding. In all your ways acknowledge Him, and He will make your paths straight. Pro. 3:5-6.
Answer to #5. The first day of spring is called the vernal equinox. Vernal in Latin is spring and equinox is equal nights. Easter falls on the first Sunday after the first full moon after the vernal equinox. Now you know!
Lory | Designthusiasm
1. One of my most popular posts takes ideas from home-stagers and applies them to the home you actually live in. Why wait until you’re moving? Here are 20 Quick Fixes to Upgrade the House You Live In.
2. I’ve recently ordered several decor pieces and here’s what worked and what I changed: I got these linen pillows and the straw color is perfect, but the sage was too dark. So, I exchanged it for this pillow in flax. The two look great together and I got this subtle patterned pillow to work with them. This terracotta bowl just arrived and it’s bigger than I thought. It’s perfect for a coffee table, but I wanted it for fruit, so I sent it back and got this gorgeous bowl instead. I also added this smaller bowl to put hubby’s wallet, keys and glasses in because I hate having them tossed on the counter. I was really struggling with the new comforter I recently ordered. It’s SO gorgeous, but the subtle grey pattern was fighting with our green carpet. Even with the walls painted, I think it won’t go, so I found this comforter in flax and mixed it with our white bedding and this accent pillow and now I LOVE the way it looks!
3. I am still in an organizing frenzy, as I am every January. Today I worked on all the linens and will try to get a post on that put together soon. In the mean time, for dining room storage, be sure to check out my Ultimate Guide to Organizing Your Tableware. And if it’s your drawers that need work, see 5 Quick and Easy Drawer Organizing Projects to Declutter Your Home.
4. Ok, don’t laugh. When my daughter visited from Australia over the holidays, she brought these cookies and I’m obsessed with them! Since I just lost some weight, I eat very carefully, but I found I can get away with eating just one at night before bed… ;-) And then I realized I can order them from Amazon and they came in 2 days!!
5. WHAT’S INSPIRING ME AROUND THE WEB: I think I’m starting to like pops of black in the home! Interestingly, while I dress in head-to-toe black most of the time, I’ve avoided using it in my home. But all of a sudden, it’s looking really fresh to me now. Loving the way it’s used in this elegant bedroom and how it gives this living room a wonderful focal point. Here’s a pretty fabulous laundry room with a bit of dark drama.
6. Let’s play ‘get-it-for-less’! Here are four blush pink handbags (great for Valentine’s Day) that look like iconic Chanel, for a fraction of the cost. I love this mini-charm one, and also this square quilted one, and this diamond quilted one, and this one with a bow detail.
7. FAVE HEALTHY RECIPE: I love these Chicken Lettuce Wraps! They’re easy to make and won’t weigh you down.
8. While I was cleaning out our linens this week, I realized the decor on the dresser that holds the linens is a bit too much for the upstairs hallway where it’s located. To tone it down, I replaced the tall ornate lamps with these rustic vases (I ordered the large) for a more casual look. You can see the dresser as it is now, HERE.
9. This week on the blog I shared these ideas for a calm and tranquil bedroom, this rustic but romantic Valentine’s table for celebrating at home, and how I began to refine and update our dining room without buying new furniture.
10. UP NEXT: Finally sharing the small bathroom makeover! Coming this Sunday…
Ann | On Sutton Place
1.) FOR BLUE AND WHITE LOVERS: A couple of years ago, I purchased a blue and white pitcher with a matching platter from Anthropologie. You can see them in the picture above. They sold out very quickly, and have never been restocked. I get questions on them all the time, and I always feel terrible when I have to say they aren’t available. Just a few days ago, I saw this blue pomegranate pitcher, and this matching oval platter, both from Anthropologie. They are stunning, and have the feeling and aesthetic of the set that I still love and feature regularly. (Both the pitcher and platter are on backorder. The listing gives a definite date they will be available, so if you want them, don’t wait!)
2.) MORE VALENTINE’S DAY GIFT IDEAS: this darling mini heart waffle maker is perfect for a special Valentine’s Day breakfast, I love this cute mug, this small heart cast iron pot is definitely a splurge, or HERE is a set of three smaller pots that’s on sale, and this table runner looks amazing with this set of little plates. (Just a thought…you could split the set of three heart pots, and take care of three people for hardly any money!)
3.) FAVORITE QUOTE: “Every situation in life is temporary. So, when life is good, make sure you enjoy and receive it fully. And when life is not so good, remember that it will not last forever and better days are on the way.” ~Jenni Young
4.) YouTube FAVORITES: One of the coolest tiny houses ever, and I love these egg tortillas for lunch. If you watch Peaky Blinders, here is the Season 6 trailer. Looks like it might be the creepiest season yet! Last but certainly not least, this chicken alfredo pasta has almost 5 million views!
5.) It might sound like I’m not recommending these shows, but I honestly think they are worth watching. They are disturbing and fascinating at the same time. The first is MAID, streaming now on Netflix. It’s the story of a young mother trying to provide for her child and build them a better future. The second is Dopesick, which is a HULU production that focuses on the opioid crisis in America. I had my doubts about both of them, but surprisingly, I am glad I gave them a chance. If you have watched one or both, what did you think?
6.) FAMILY FAVORITES: I’m going to start with my dad, and share the recipes he loves the most. The first one, and his all-time favorite, is my easy baked beans recipe…he absolutely loves it! He also enjoys my apple salad, and these old fashioned soft sugar cookies. Coming up next week, what my husband likes the best.
7.) STUNNING INSTAGRAM ACCOUNTS TO FOLLOW: @featherglass is based in New England and shares endless inspiration. @lizmariegalvan lives in an honest-to-goodness farmhouse and totally wears her heart on her sleeve. @thosefarmhouseideas shares ideas from all across Instagram on a daily basis. Check them all out!
8.) One of my favorite websites to get inspiration and pore over the most amazing decor is McGee & Co. They just launched their 2022 Spring Collection and it is incredible. Their creations are priced a little high for my budget, so I turn to their less expensive collection at Target. It’s part of the Threshold line, and the items are tagged with “designed with Studio McGee.” In my cart right now is this oversized lumbar pillow, this rattan tray, and this round cream stoneware bowl.
9.) I just shared 15 attitude adjustment tips that are guaranteed to brighten even the darkest day. Coming soon will be a cookie cake baked in my favorite heart dish, and a decor post, although I’m not sure exactly what!
10.) Wishing each one of you a wonderful week. Enjoy!