Your weekly dose of new ideas, helpful hints, favorite items, and tidbits of wisdom…from a trio of lifestyle bloggers who love to share!
Affiliate links included. Click HERE for my disclosure statement.
Lory | Designthusiasm
1. Did you guys know I have a complete shopping page with decor links by category? You can Shop my Home by room or Shop my Favorites by category and I’m making an effort to update it more often. This week I did a full post on side tables that includes how to style them and where to buy them.
2. CURRENT DECOR CRUSHES: I went a bit shopping crazy the first few weeks of the year, so I’m slowing it down a bit now, but that doesn’t stop me from adding things to my wishlist or sneaking in a few lower priced accent pieces. Current faves include this terrific well-priced lamp, this pretty wood and lacquer bowl, this wonderful brass tray, these charming rustic stools and in fact this entire shop of recycled pieces. One thing I definitely will be getting is this outdoor rug. I’d really like to get these lovely accent tables for the living room update, and this will have to wait a bit, but this cane armoire is from the same collection as the vanity I just used in the guest bath and would look great housing the TV in a different bedroom.
3. If you guys are on Instagram, I would absolutely love to have you follow my Instagram page! I share stories and reels and other behind the scenes things there, and you can also scroll though my gallery and see everything at a quick glance… :-)
4. I also wanted to thank those of you who let me know you were having trouble accessing my shopping links at the bottom of my posts. My tech guy found the problem and it should be all fixed now. It is so incredibly helpful when you give feedback like that!! (If you’re still having a problem, please do let me know.)
5. THE MOST FLATTERING PANTS EVER: I can’t remember if I already shared this, as I bought them before the holidays, but since we’ve been hibernating for the last little while, I hadn’t worn them yet. Well, we finally went out this weekend and I can tell you these are the most comfortable, most flattering pants ever! I have both the navy and the black.
6. If you want a super easy, inexpensive way to add a hint of spring into your home without it looking out of place (after all it is still February), try these wonderful real-touch tulips. They are so realistic! They come in many colors but the off-white is just perfect for this time of year. I was afraid they’d be too creamy, but they’re perfect.
7. Hubby and I are nearing the end of the 3rd season of Succession, so we’re almost up-to-date and it’s time to find something new to watch. I’m thinking of trying The Gilded Age from the creators of Downton Abbey Have any of you seen it? Let me know if you like it.
8. I just stocked up on my favorite hand wash, and decided to try two new scents, as well. I got this one because it combines several scents that I usually like, and this one because I love lavender. I also got these makeup remover cloths because I got tired of seeing makeup on my white hand towels.
9. THIS WEEK ON THE BLOG I shared these simple Valentine’s Day decor ideas for the kitchen, these 5 ideas for celebrating Valentine’s Day at home, and these options for Valentine’s Day decor inspiration. I also shared our master bath renovation and this chalk painted sideboard.
10. UP NEXT: How to soften your home to make it more welcoming!
Ann | On Sutton Place
1.) If you are planning a safe Super Bowl party, here are some easy and amazingly good ideas for feeding everyone. First, a charcuterie board would be perfect. It can be done ahead, and can serve as many or as few as you want. This dip is a classic, and will be gone in no time. This brie in puff pastry is super simple, but looks very impressive! One last idea…bake some loaves of quick bread, slice them, and present them on a pretty tray. A few good choices: banana bread, savory beer bread, or applesauce bread. Here in Ohio, we’re pretty excited. Go Bengals!
2,) FAVORITE QUOTE: this short poem about any kind of loss was recently shared in our local newspaper. I found it comforting and uplifting at the same time. It’s by Marilyn McEntyre.
Consent to it
But don’t wallow in it
Know it as a place of germination
Remember the light
Take an outstretched hand if you find one
Exercise unused senses
Find the path by walking it
Watch for dawn
3,) FAMILY FAVORITES: up this week is our daughter, Elizabeth. When it comes to her favorite things to eat, here are her top three. Like her dad, she adores my chocolate chip cookies, and is really good at making them herself. She loves this chicken pot pie soup, and rounding out her favorites is this recipe for very simple semi-homemade chicken and noodles.
4.) FAVORITE LINKS FROM THE LAST FEW WEEKS: you loved the Baby Moses basket we got for our new grandson, you were very excited about these picture ledges, and these sneakers, and I was not surprised that you loved this blue and white pitcher. (Quantities are limited for the pitcher, so if you want it, don’t wait!)
5.) It’s not too early to think about welcoming spring with some lovely faux blooms. It’s truly amazing how they can transform a space. These tulips (in the image above) look as close to real as I’ve ever seen, and these cherry blossoms are like a breath of fresh, spring air. I love these white daffodils, and even though it might be a bit early for peonies, go ahead and mix these gorgeous pink blooms in with your spring arrangements. They will definitely make you smile!
6.) FAVORITE SITES FOR CLASSIC DECOR: if I could, I would take one of everything from Lauren Haskell Designs, my favorite place to get very budget-friendly pillows and other decor accessories is H&M HOME, and I can always find something to add to my cart at Target, especially anything from the Hearth and Hand Collection.
7.) I know the months of November and December are super busy for everyone. That’s when I shared our moving story and the introduction to our new house. Then at the beginning of January, because I had so many questions, I shared my downsizing and moving tips. So take a look if you missed anything!
8.) BATHROOM CRUSHES: this bathroom renovation was designed by my friend Rhoda, from Southern Hospitality. It’s an amazing before and after! You can get some modern and very fun ideas from this bathroom reno at Our Faux Farmhouse. One of my favorite bathrooms ever is this one from Bre at Rooms for Rent. Their space has angled ceiling lines, but their choices of paint and tile make everything work perfectly.
9.) In case you missed it: here is a wonderful, but so simple chicken and rice soup recipe. If you need a (very) last minute Valentine’s Day idea, make this cookie cake! Coming soon: a tour of our new kitchen, and hopefully a brand new spice drawer!
10.) Have a wonderful week…and thank you so much for joining us. We appreciate it more than you will ever know!
Yvonne | StoneGable
1. Books are an important part of my decor. They make great risers, they can be tucked into your decor, and more! Did you know you can cover books? I have covered them with burlap and most recently I used leopard napkins and covered a few books. Oh, I love them. You can see them HERE. And here is a post 5 Designer Ways To Decorate With Books.
2. Reader favorites this week: these beautiful faux blooming branches, this popular frame, this rug that can be washed I have in my dining room, these brass lanterns, this beautiful round mirror, and these wooden planters/vases.
3. In the last year I have been learning to bake bread. It’s addictive! If you have thought about making sourdough bread but think there are too many steps then you will want to see this super easy way to make Busy Mother’s Sourdough Bread. So easy and the bread gets better and better! You can see my Dutch Oven here. But you can also bake the bread on a sheet pan.
4. Words to live by: The wise woman builds her house, but with her own hands the foolish woman tears it down. Pro 14:1.
5. I’ve been freshening up our home for spring and here are a few things we have added to our home decor: this mirror (love), this dining room table, these fresh spring inspired napkins, and this pillow.
6. The main focus of StoneGable is to help you be a better decorator! On the blog, I take interior design concepts, break them down into easy to understand, doable, and repeatable processes that you can use in your home. Here are some recent posts that are filled with designer tips and concepts: 7 Tips For An Uncluttered Looking Home, What Decorators Kow About Mixing Clean And Dirty Colors, and The Importance Of Understanding Balance and Proportion. There are tons of designer posts on StoneGable that will help you create a beautiful home!
7. Fun facts: What is the most popular flower given on Valentine’s Day? How many spring holidays can you name?
8. Spring inspired cloths I love: this no iron blouse, these easy pants, this stunning maxi shirtdress, this colorful denim jacket and these pretty soft flats. I think shirtdreses will be big this year! Yay!
10. I’m so anxious for spring to get here this year! How about you? Here are 5 Things To Do Now For Spring! Darn that Groundhog!
Answer to #7: The most popular flower given on Valentine’s Day is a rose. I bet you guessed! Here are a handful of spring holidays: Easter, Passover, April Fool’s Day, Earth Day, Arbor Day, Mother’s Day, Flag Day, Father’s Day, and Cinco de Mayo.