Your weekly dose of new ideas, helpful hints, favorite items, and tidbits of wisdom…from a trio of lifestyle bloggers who love to share!
Affiliate links included. Click HERE for my disclosure statement.
Ann | On Sutton Place
1.) One of the best ways to add interest to neutral decor is to incorporate texture. My latest obsession is pommed pillows, like this ivory jute pillow from Anthropologie. I love this darling Gap Home tufted dot pillow, and this pillow cover combines poms and stripes. (And it’s on sale!) For the ultimate pom experience, take a look at this quilted cotton pillow with pompom trim.
2.) FAVORITE QUOTE: “Sometimes when you’re in a dark place, you think you’ve been buried, but you’ve actually been planted.” ~Christine Caine
3.) WHAT I’M WATCHING NOW: I love The Gilded Age, and All Creatures Great and Small. I was fascinated by The Tinder Swindler, and even though 1883 has some hard-to-watch scenes, I have totally enjoyed it…and if you want a juicy cliffhanger, watch Sweet Magnolias!
4.) For those of you who don’t know, I want to tell you that I give away calendar screensavers each month for smart phones, desktop/laptop, and iPad. I will be sending the March editions on Sunday. They are available exclusively to my email subscribers, so if you want to sign up, just click HERE. I send an email at the end of every month that contains the links to download the calendars. I also give away an inspirational printable that coordinates with the calendars. (The March printable is pictured in the image above.) We would love for you to join us!
5.) We all get in cooking ruts. There are some days when I seriously have NO IDEA what to make for dinner. When this happens, a good way to pull out of the rut is to whip up a new recipe. Make sure it’s easy, and doesn’t have hard-to-find ingredients. Here are a few super simple suggestions just in case you need a new idea: ham and swiss sliders, chicken salad with apples, or Meyer lemon chicken.
6.) Do you love grain sacks? Are you curious about where they come from, and how you can use them in your decor? I’ve broken it all down, and I’m sharing everything you need to know about grain sack fabric…even my best sources!
7.) Have you started adding spring accents to your decor? I haven’t yet, but I’m on the lookout for some new accessories. Here’s what I’ve found so far: I ordered these candlesticks, and this one too, I want this doormat (it’s a splurge so I’m still thinking about it), and this mixed greenery wreath could stay on your door all year round, but it’s especially perfect for spring and summer.
P.S. I just ordered the wreath!
8.) I recently shared the first official tour of our new kitchen, this forsythia wreath, and these decorating tips. Coming soon is the Ultimate Guide to Spring. I have one for Fall, and one for Christmas…so I decided to put one together for spring. Stay tuned!
9.) Wishing you a good rest of the week…and a perfect weekend. XO
Yvonne | StoneGable
1. I’m thinking about spring gardening and planting now! And I’m itching to dig in the dirt! What are your favorites to plant in early spring? I mostly plant in garden pots and I love ranunculus, violas, pansies, sweet alyssum, stock, lobelia, and dusty miller. Right now I’m making plans for spring and soon I’ll be posting what I’m planting around Tanglewood!
2. You know I am celebrating a new season when you see a wreath DIY on my blog. Spring has sprung and I just shared a super simple and so pretty Cherry Blossom Wreath Diy. And you might also like to check out How To Care For Cut Tulips So They Last Longer. Look for lots of spring posts on the blog every week.
4. I asked my daughter and daughter-in-law what are a few of their favorite things they are so happy they have: if you have a dog, this carpet rake, phone-controlled lightbulbs (LOVE), these birdie flats, this night moisturizer, this down wrapped sofa in a performance fabric, and this air fryer we all love.
6. I’m weeding out my old pillows that have seen better days and investing in some new ones. I got two of these gorgeous pillows that come with wonderful down inserts! I’ve posted about these pillows with great down inserts before, but they are worth a second look! And I have my eye on this pillow too!
7. Fun Facts: What is the only part of the body that cannot heal itself? What animal’s shell is bulletproof?
9. If you are traveling this spring here are a few of my favorite travel accessories… this desktop power strip, these travel compression bags, these TSA approved leakproof containers, this hanging toiletry bag, this travel pillbox, this travel hairsetter I can’t live without, and this travel pillow.
10. Instagram accounts I am addicted to: this one full of great ideas and hacks, this visually stunning one, this cooking one, this one too (love), and have you followed me in IG? You can follow here.
Answer to #7: Our teeth are the only part of our body that cannot heal themselves. The armadillo’s shell is bulletproof.
Lory | Designthusiasm
1. Are you itching for spring? It’s still pretty cold here, but I just can’t help myself. I’ve already started to transition a bit and I just published my first spring post of the season: Spring Decor Ideas and Trends for the Home
2. MY LATEST DECOR CRUSHES: I’m looking for a great tray for the butler’s pantry and I’m considering this antiqued metal tray or this large rough antique brass one. I’ve got my eyes on this well-priced washed linen tablecloth as an alternative to the ruffled white one I always use. This is the perfect organic white vase – great size, attitude and not terribly expensive. This rustic lamp has great presence and personality for a bedroom or living room. Finish off a styled table with these fabulous chain links, the next great thing after wooden beads. And what a lovely spring wreath this is!
3. FRESH FASHION: Do you carry a tote bag? This tote organizer is a must-have! This sweet top is both on-trend and classic for spring. These perfect fitting jeans come in multiple wash options. Pair your ankle jeans with these great loafers! How fun are these pony hair mules? Here’s a terrific trench coat for spring. This luxury bag is perfection!
4. Have you ever bought something custom for the home that you knew was a big mistake from the second it was delivered? I have and I talk all about it in this post: How to Avoid the Biggest Decorating Mistakes.
5. WHAT’S INSPIRING ME AROUND THE WEB: I am madly in love with this hallway – the beams, the repeated lanterns, the wood tone, wall color, rug and iron banister – I love it all! Love this brilliant mix of antique with modern: that vintage mirror playing off the curved sofa! I won’t be changing my white kitchen any time soon, but if I did, this is how I’d go. I love this mix of light wood with white marble!
6. WELL-PRICED FURNITURE FINDS: This beautiful cane bed would look great in our guest room, or really any bedroom. How pretty is this charming modern French side table? Love the understated elegance of this classic light wood desk. Also love the rustic chic feel of this great wood and glass bookcase/cabinet! And here’s my new favorite dining chair.
7. WHAT I’M WATCHING: After considering several different series, we decided to watch Ted Lasso. It is SO different than what I expected in the best possible way. I just love it! Was not a Jason Sudeikis fan, but he’s oh-so-good in this.
9. This week on the blog I shared this home office update, this St. Patrick’s Day tablescape, this closet makeover for tableware, and one of my top Organizing Hacks posts: 12 Things You Wont Find in My Home
10. UP NEXT: I’m covered in paint this week! Stay tuned for some changes…