Your weekly dose of new ideas, helpful hints, favorite items, and tidbits of wisdom…from a trio of lifestyle bloggers who love to share!
Affiliate links included. Click HERE for my disclosure statement.
Lory | Designthusiasm
1. Last Wednesday, hubby and I woke up, looked at each other and said ‘let’s get out of here’. So we booked a last minute trip to the Bahamas and left this morning! Hopefully I’ll be on my way to the beach by the time you read this. Last year at this time we went to Aruba, and I wrote a post about it and traveling during Covid. (I’m delighted to add that this year, thanks to a diet I’ve been following diligently, I’ll be traveling 25 lbs. lighter!)
2. I have loved the utility of my bedroom furniture for years. It’s wonderful quality and provides the perfect amount of storage, but I do not love that it’s a matched set of dark wood. I’ve been reluctant to paint it because it’s a good set, but if I want to continue enjoying the functionality it offers while upgrading the aesthetics, a paint job is in order. Check out the painted nightstands here (I will eventually give the other pieces different finishes).
3. MY LATEST DECOR CRUSHES: This wood chain link comes as a set with a wood bead garland. Great pairing! This perfect seagrass wrapped pitcher brings an organic look to your table, indoors or out. I love this lamp with an urn-type base. These pretty floor baskets come in a lovely french blue and white color combo. This round medallion rug has a great pattern and is so darling. These burnished brass lanterns have the most gorgeous patina. Corral loose items on this rattan tray – love the white-washed combo especially. This gorgeous jute rug is on sale for half off.
4. My travel outfit has changed in recent years. I used to wear a tailored blazer and a silk scarf with a turtleneck, jeans and boots. Now I’m way more casual preferring comfort over all. So this time I wore these leggings (in camo), these sneakers, this relaxed tee in black and this black zip jacket. Here’s my suitcase and my carry-on bag. Oh, and I wore my bathing suit underneath in case the room wasn’t ready… ;-)
5. WHAT’S INSPIRING ME AROUND THE WEB: Love the gorgeous details in this pretty bedroom (scroll through), this bathroom is absolutely magnificent especially the contrast of the edgy metal door with the posh chandelier, so inspired by the interesting mix of materials in this warm yet modern kitchen.
6. UPDATED EASTER DECOR: I am so charmed by these Scandi wood bunnies, these weathered rustic eggs are just awesome, this organic Easter bunny wreath is a whimsical twist on a classic, here’s a lovely resin bunny with a whitewashed wooden finish, I love this sweet pastel storage basket, this bunny shaped pillow is as cozy as can be.
7. Are you a big fan of spring wreaths? Here’s a curated selection of wonderful spring wreaths!
8. In the category of best-sellers, this is the absolute best blush in the absolute best color. If you use it once you’ll be hooked.
9. This week on the blog I shared how we transformed our kitchen without removing the cabinets, these unusual ways to display and use teacups in the home, these spring decor ideas using accessories, and this French Country tablescape with a dough bowl centerpiece.
10. UP NEXT: Spring flowers and spring vignettes. Stay tuned!
Ann | On Sutton Place
1.) RECENT AMAZON FAVORITES: The Pink Stuff, which is a cleaning paste, has over 118,000 reviews and I love it! This zip-up jacket is super comfy, and these magnetic measuring spoons are amazing. I finally ditched my wired earbuds for AirPods, and they are so much easier and convenient. Last but not least, I love these cute ruffled lazy Susans.
2.) FAVORITE QUOTE: “I alone cannot change the world, but I can cast a stone across the waters to create many ripples.” ~Mother Teresa
3.) As a rule, I only share simple recipes that call for normal and easy-to-find ingredients. Occasionally, I get a little fancier, but not very often. The recipes that best reflect this “simple is best” philosophy are this delicious lemon 7-Up bundt cake, these cinnamon sugar muffins, or (and I’ve shared this link before) my mom’s pot roast recipe.
4.) EASY HOMEMADE FACE MASK: whisk together 2 tablespoons plain yogurt and 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice. Apply the mixture to your clean face and let it dry for 20 to 30 minutes. Rinse with cool water. This DIY face mask evens out your skin tone, and if used regularly, can help fade age spots. (Source: Woman’s Day)
5.) CURRENT DECOR CRUSHES: I adore this cotton quilt from the Studio McGee Collection at Target, this textured striped pillow cover that comes in four amazing colors, I am totally smitten with this neutral lamp that’s on sale, and I literally sighed out loud when I saw this set of nesting bowls.
6.) March is here…so it’s time to talk about gardening. Whether you plant just a few annuals in pots, or have a large and bountiful garden, planning ahead is a good idea. Here is some information in regards to perennials…and includes some easy-to-grow plants, all about peonies, and more. I will be sending these ideas out to my email subscribers a little at a time, so if you want to join my list, click HERE.
8.) Just FYI: I was away from home almost the whole month of February. I was with my grandchildren earlier in the month, and then we went to Florida for some sun and relaxation. I managed to miss two big snow storms too! I’ve tried to keep up with comments, emails, and questions…but if I missed you, I’m very sorry. I’m ready to get back to work full-time, so look for fresh content and new ideas!
9.) That’s it for now…wishing you peace and sunlight!
Yvonne | StoneGable
1). Did you know I’m doing a year-long series about downsizing? This week I shared a post about 10 Things To Know About Downsizing. It’s full of practical things you should know about the downsizing process. There is also a link to our downsizing story too. And if you have already downsized, please come and share your story, tips or advice!
2. This week the most popular reader picks are: this pretty mirror, this versatile dress for the second week, this no-iron white tunic ( almost 1,000 views last week), this blue wildflowers pillow (over 900 views last week), and the pretty cherry blossom branches in the title picture above.
5. Fun Facts: Did you know that there are 35 bathrooms in the White House? I was actually in the bathroom in the oval office! Just snooping! What does the word “google” mean?
6. I saw this written on the wall of a local restaurant and thought it was just beautiful and true…Grace means that all of your mistakes now serve a purpose, instead of serving shame.
7. I just can’t wait to dig in the dirt. But it’s still a bit early here! Here are some really pretty garden-inspired indoor containers… these bulb vases (LOVE), these gorgeous self-watering vases, and this self-watering planter, these sweet cache pots, and this stunning blue and white set.
8. Torn Tissue Planters are a fun DIY that you can do even if you are not crafty. Make a pretty planter to go with your decor! I love torn tissue projects. Here are more projects… Torn Tissue Book Covers, Torn Tissue Eggs Here and Here, and Torn Tissue Chinoiserie Pumpkins.
Answer: Google was named after the word googol which is the number 1 with 100 zeros after it.