Your weekly dose of new ideas, helpful hints, favorite items, and tidbits of wisdom…from a trio of lifestyle bloggers who love to share!
Affiliate links included. Click HERE for my disclosure statement.
Yvonne | StoneGable
1). Do you ever say, “What will I make for dinner tonight”. Or default to take out? On the blog every Friday I post a seasonal and scrumptious dinner menu for the next week. And I also share other great recipes I think you might like to try! Come visit the latest menu and find new ones every Friday so you will never have to ask, “What will I make for dinner tonight”! You will have lots of yummy options!
2. Last week’s reader’s favorite: these spring bulb vases (I got one too), this wonderful sofa, this go-with-everything pillow, this gorgeous rug, this beautiful lamp, this super versatile and pretty dress.
3. Here’s how to find almost anything on my blog with a click! It’s like a magic button! Under the name, StoneGable, at the top of my blog is “all post index”. If you click on ALL POST INDEX it will take you categories of all the posts on StoneGables with a description and pretty pictures. Give it a try! I think it’s the best way to find everything that is on my blog!
4. Fun Spring Facts: When does Easter occur every year? What beautiful tree blooms in the tidal basin in Washington DC every year?
5. I love Studio McGee and Co. Here are two dreamy videos about their Spring Home Decor Collection. See the Home Collection here. And Behind The Scenes Of The Home Collection where you can see a designer’s thought process at work. Even if this is not your style it is so easy to appreciate the beauty and get inspired!
6. And studio McGee is at Target! Yes, Target. See the Studio McGee Target video here. Here are my favorite Studio McGee Target items: those marble links (links are so so big right now), the architectural large planter, small planter, faux rosemary plant, and this must-have ceramic table lamp! The prices are amazing! I’m heading to Target now! Be back later!
7. Okay, I’m back from Target with a stash of great-priced and pretty items! Look at this decor… I love this little inexpensive chair, this white cabinet I need to find a place for in my home for it, this block color pillow, this wooden bowl, and this lidded rattan basket.
8. Tomorrow (Thursday, March 10th) you can see my spring tour! The image of my foyer in my featured image gives you a little peek at what to expect! I’m so excited to share all the spring ideas and inspiration with you!
9. In #3 above I talked about the All Post Index, I also want you to see where you can find all of my spring posts! When you go to all post index and scroll down you will find SEASONAL DECORATING and then scrolling a little bit you will find Spring Decor, Easy Spring DIYs, and Easter Decorating. All my spring posts filled with inspiration for you are there!
10. It’s time to hang a pretty spring wreath on your front door! Why not make an easy wreath instead of buying one? This beautiful Cherry Blossom Wreath is so super easy to make! Or break out of the wreath mold and hang a Spring Basket of flowers on your door!
Answers to #3- Easter occurs the first Sunday after the first full moon after the spring equinox. 3,770 trees blooming with cherry blossoms bloom every spring around the monuments and tidal basin in Washington DC. The peak time to see these blooms is usually around April 4th, but because of warmer winter weather, the peak time could be a couple of weeks earlier.
Lory | Designthusiasm
1. Without a doubt, the posts that readers seem to love the most are the house tours I share featuring casual chic homes. This amazing tour takes a look at a French-inspired, rustic chic home that’s both relaxed and stunning.
2. FAVORITE FAUX FLOWERS: I’m a huge fan of fresh flowers, but I do supplement my real bouquets with good quality faux stems. They tend to look best when grouped with all one type of flower in a container. Some of my favorites are these lilac stems, these white cherry blossoms, these lily of the valley clippings, these lovely hyacinth flowers, these pink ranunculus, these creamy dahlias, and these gorgeous parrot tulips.
3. FASHION FAVES: In love with the color of this eyelet babydoll dress, I’m all over this linen beach shirt in a range of colors (and super affordable), this great cardi is the perfect spring coverup, this wonderful oversized tunic is organic cotton, this must-have summer pant is a white relaxed denim ankle jean.
4. If you’re a fan of blue and white decor and DIY projects, this chinoiserie decoupage pitcher is perfect for you!
5. WHAT’S INSPIRING ME AROUND THE WEB: This exquisite bedroom is the ultimate picture of elegance, this fabulous staircase captures the essence of European style, I love the beautiful use of organic materials in this kitchen.
6. DECOR ACCENTS: I love the trellis pattern in this cozy textured rug, this perfect 3-seat outdoor bench has a classic and elegant seat back pattern, my favorite wood bead chandelier comprises a wonderful combination of coastal, modern and feminine style, this washed wood 2-drawer side table makes a perfect nightstand, this beautiful bar cabinet exemplifies a mix of modern with Gustavian style.
8. This is my vote for the very best eye shadow palette filled with neutral, warm, extremely wearable colors.
9. This week on the blog I shared this trio of free printable spring wall art, this family room update embodying casual elegance, these spring vignette ideas using seasonal flowers, and this woodland inspired Easter table.
10. COMING SOON: I’ll be looking at decorating styles and talking about how trends evolve. If you find yourself wondering ‘is farmhouse (or any other style) dead?’ and ‘if so, what’s next?’, stay tuned!
Ann | On Sutton Place
1.) SPRING SPLURGE OR SAVE: take a look at this incredible tulip wreath that comes in four sizes, and then compare it to this one. Which would you choose? Would you splurge on this gorgeous porch planter, or would you be happy with this one? If you love to spend time relaxing outside, this all-weather wicker sofa is amazing…but would you be just as happy hanging out on this one for a fraction of the price? And now, speaking from experience, let’s talk about porch rockers. I have had two of these rockers for a few years, and they already need replaced. They have yellowed, and the seats are cracking. This rocker, from Polywood, is much better, and has a 20-year residential warranty. This is one instance where it’s smart to splurge! (You can see our Polywood dining set HERE.)
2.) FAVORITE QUOTE: “Sometimes you’ve got to get out of your own head, and look at yourself through other people’s eyes.” ~Stella Kidd, Chicago Fire
3.) Even if you aren’t a Dolly Parton fan, you have to admit she’s had a heck of a career…and it isn’t over. She just released a book, and a new album. Here is what Amazon has to say about the book that she co-wrote with James Patterson: “from America’s most beloved superstar and its greatest storyteller – a thriller about a young singer-songwriter on the rise and on the run, and determined to do whatever it takes to survive.” Sounds juicy! You can get more details on Run Rose Run HERE, and listen to the album on YouTube Music.
4.) Just in case you missed it, here is my Guide to the Best Faux Flowers. These peony stems hadn’t arrived by the time I needed to publish the post, so I promised I would show them today. You can see how beautiful they are in the image above. I also featured tulips, daffodils, and hydrangeas. All the sources are included in the post. Is anyone else ready for spring?
5.) If you haven’t already done it, don’t forget to drive through McDonald’s and treat yourself to a Shamrock Shake. They are available for a limited time and are so delicious!
7.) WHAT I’M WATCHING NOW: The Dropout on Hulu, which completely blows my mind, Young Wallander on Netflix, the second season is much better than the first…so hang in there, and Book of Love on Amazon Prime.
8.) I’m not great with side dishes for dinner…but sometimes I surprise myself and make something delicious. I just made my mom’s apple salad, and it was so fresh and tasty. Other side dish ideas are this easy pasta salad, and this homemade crockpot applesauce.
9.) Coming soon: Olive Garden copycat chicken gnocchi soup and the Ulitimate Guide to Spring. The guide will include decor ideas, crafts, flower arrangements, and more!
10.) Have a wonderful week…I hope you get to enjoy some sunshine!