Your weekly dose of new ideas, helpful hints, favorite items, and tidbits of wisdom…from a trio of lifestyle bloggers who love to share!
Affiliate links included. Click HERE for my disclosure statement.
Ann | On Sutton Place
1.) We’re about a month away from Easter, so here is some very cute bunny inspiration. I think this bunny cake plate is darling, this little straw bunny is perfect to add to an existing mantel or shelf, and I love this sweet bunny pillow cover. This set of 3 little bunnies would make a lovely addition to a gift basket, and this tea towel set, or this one, is a fun way to bring Easter into the kitchen.
2.) Speaking of bunnies, about this time every year, this bunny pillow craft tutorial rises to the top of the Pinterest feed, and it gets quite a few clicks. I just updated the links & information, and brightened the images. It’s a super simple craft, and takes just a few minutes!
3.) FAVORITE QUOTE: “You really don’t have to burn any bridges to let go…you don’t have to destroy anything. You can just decide to cross over and move on.” ~Marta Mrotek
4.) WHAT’S INSPIRING ME: this perfectly delightful blue and white bathroom, this beadboard wall in the cutest mudroom, this recipe for Bunny Bait, which by the way looks amazing, this stunning spring veggie board, and I love this collection of galvanized planters on a farmhouse porch.
5.) WHAT I’M WATCHING NOW: Finding You and A Family Man on Amazon Prime. Harrow and 12 Mighty Orphans (it had me crying at the end) on Starz. I’m waiting for season 6 of Peaky Blinders to hit Netflix…and the second season of Bridgerton, which begins streaming on March 25th, also on Netflix.
6.) AMAZING AMAZON PURCHASE: my electric toothbrush that’s at least 15 years old finally gave out…so I replaced it with this one. It has over 20,000 positive Amazon reviews, and let me tell you, it’s incredible. It has a few different settings, and the charge lasts for several days. If you have been on the fence about an electric toothbrush, I encourage you to try the Philips Sonicare ProtectiveClean 6100. Self-care is so important!
7.) MORE AMAZING AMAZON PURCHASES: this massage gun is truly wonderful, and was recommended by a friend. One of the best purchases ever! I got this small lamp for my office, this is the best (but pricey) hairspray, and of course, I have this peppermint essential oil on autoship. It actually says on my Amazon dashboard that I’ve purchased it 44 times!
8.) The recipes I share on the blog are divided into 8 categories. Starting today, and for the next 7 weeks, I’m going to feature highlights from each category. Let’s start at the beginning with appetizers. My favorite dip recipe is this cream cheese dip that’s truly addicting. These sugared cranberries are so pretty, and this brie in puff pastry can be adapted by simply substituting any flavor of jam for the fig spread. The most popular appetizer recipe, and a reader favorite, is The Anatomy of a Charcuterie Board.
9.) COMING SOON: a group event with my blogging friends that focuses on flower arranging, so get ready for some eye candy! A remake of my oatmeal raisin cookies, and finally coming this Sunday, The Ultimate Guide to Spring. Make sure to subscribe by email so you don’t miss a thing!
10.) See you next week!
Yvonne | StoneGable
1). I LOVE spring! I work up this morning to snow! Lots and lots of beautiful snow. But the inside of our home it is spring! Our home is decked out for beautiful spring. You can see my Spring Tour Here. I hope you get lots and lots of ideas and inspiration for your home too! You can also see all Decorating Spring Posts on StoneGable Here.
2. Here are my decor crushes this week: I just got these beautiful napkins for my Easter dinner table. This vertical coat rack, these beautiful organizing message boards, this versatile pillow, these gorgeous hammered glass hurricanes, another versatile pillow, and this white planter.
4. It’s time to think about Easter! You can see all my Easter posts, decor, tables, ideas, and more! It’s time to make torn tissue eggs. They are so easy to make and just gorgeous! And see a simple and sweet Easter Table with lots of inspiration to set your own Easter Table.
5. For me, spring is all about flowers! I’m so ready for pretty blooms around my home! Here are some posts to help you add spring flowers to your home too! See how to care for cut tulips so they last longer, how to make faux flowers look more realistic, and how to force branches to bloom.
6. I’m purging my closet. Wow, what a big job! And it is about time! Here are some spring things I would love to add to my wardrobe: these slimming crop leg pants, this kimono sleeve tunic, and I LOVE this denim shirtdress!
8. Fun Facts: Why is Spring called spring? When is the first day of Spring this year?
Answer to #8 Before Spring was called Spring the season was known as Lent. In the 15th century, Lent was changed to Springingtime because the flowers began springing out of the ground then later the name was shortened to Spring.
The first day of spring is March 20th.
Lory | Designthusiasm
1. Do you update the patio each year? Our patio gets at least a partial refresh every spring and my latest post looks at 4 chic decor themes for your spring patio along with where to get affordable patio decor.
2. GREAT DECOR AT GREAT PRICES:
UNDER $25 – Use this stoneware pitcher for beverages or flowers, try this sleek wood box on the coffee table, lean this framed painting against a kitchen backsplash or wall shelf. Drape this wood garland over a bowl or book stack. This on-trend throw pillow is a fraction of the cost of this high-end one.
UNDER $100 – This petit marble table is adorable. Here’s a wonderful adirondack chair in a lovely wood tone. Pop this terrific faux tree in a pretty planter. Enjoy the relaxed attitude of this lovely area rug (the 8×10 is over $100 but still a great price).
3. It’s time for the Serena & Lily sale with 20% off everything, including already on sale items! (Use the code HOME.) Some of my favorite items are these bistro dining chairs, this wonderful pendant light (it can be used indoors or out), this charming pillow cover and this coastal one, this sweet side table. I’m madly in love with these chairs, but honestly, even on sale they’re pretty pricey. Find a great dupe here!
4. WHAT’S INSPIRING ME AROUND THE WEB: This week I’m tickled by delightfully uplifting spring spaces like this enchanting blush patio, this wonderfully welcoming spring entryway, and bringing the garden indoors in this chic living space.
5. I’ve just updated my shopping guide: Where to Buy a French Farmhouse Couch with all fresh links to pieces with relaxed elegance including sofas, loveseats, settees and sectionals.
6. FAVORITE QUOTE: “Never cut a tree down in the wintertime. Never make a negative decision in the low time. Never make your most important decisions when you are in your worst moods. Wait. Be patient. The storm will pass. The spring will come.” – Robert H. Schuller
7. SPRING FASHION: I tend to wear very classic pieces but I do still add a few on trend tops each season and a pair of jeans. For spring I’m going with a pair of cropped and frayed white jeans and this fabulous top with balloon sleeve and banded collar – on sale for 40% off! This great top covers several trends at once with a square neck, puffed sleeve and smocked detailing, while this flattering flutter sleeve top comes in a pretty range of spring colors. This drapey top is perfect for going out to dinner. Pair them with this great pair of square toe sandals that also comes in a wide array of colors.
9. This week on the blog I shared these spring decorating ideas for the kitchen, this blue and white spring / Easter mantel, one of my prettiest Easter tables, and this eclectic breakfast room transformation.
10. UP NEXT: 101 Spring Decorating Ideas and a new spring printable.