Your weekly dose of new ideas, helpful hints, favorite items, and tidbits of wisdom…from a trio of lifestyle bloggers who love to share!
Affiliate links included. Click HERE for my disclosure statement.
Yvonne | StoneGable
1). Don’t you LOVE spring? In our area, some of the trees are blooming and some are about to pop! From our windows, I see a profession of white and pink right now. Inside Tanglewood, our house is all ready for spring and you can see the second part of our Spring Home Tour here. If you missed our Spring Tour part 1 check that out too.
2. Let’s talk about Easter! It is only a few weeks away! Here is a post with a Simple Easter Table and a very fun surprise at each place setting! And here is an Ultimate Guide For Easter Table Ideas. And here are the Most Beautiful Blue Eggs you have ever seen. They are dyed with a vegetable!
3. The weather is getting warmer and it is time to dig in the dirt. I’m a container gardener. I like self-watering containers. Here are some of my favorites: this planter we have on the sitting walls of our patio, this tall planter is on our front porch with a golden mop Cyprus in it. And this planter too! I’m putting this elevated planter at the end of our driveway near our house. And this watering can, and these gardening gloves, these garden snips, and this must-have garden apron.
4. Let’s talk about looking our best makeup for warmer weather. I’m always looking for the best concealer because I have dark circles under my eyes. Here’s my new favorite concealer ever! And this finishing powder that is light and blurs my lines. This is my favorite neutral eye shadow! And of course, here’s my favorite sunscreen.
5. The book of Proverbs is a book of wisdom. And Proverbs 31 is one of my favorites. In the chapter about a godly woman, it says: “She opens her mouth with wisdom, and the teaching of kindness is on her tongue.” Something wonderful to strive for.
6. I had friends for dinner on Saturday and made French Onion Chicken. To keep the chicken moist I brined the chicken for six hours in 2 cups of buttermilk, 1/2 cup of olive oil, 1 1/2 TBS coarse sea salt, a few dashes of hot sauce, and two crushed garlic cloves. I whisked all the ingredients together in a bowl and added it and boneless skinless chicken breasts in a zip-type bag and refrigerated it. The chicken was so delicious and moist! YUM!
7. When the weather warms up I love to wear a straw hat! I have this foldable sun hat. I’m a Ray-Ban fan and love these sunglasses. Here are a few more warm weather things to have in your summer wardrobe: this sturdy monogrammed tote in black and natural, this nylon shopper handbag in red, and this beautiful cover-up I’d also wear as a tunic.
9. Fun Facts: What is the best-selling Easter Candy? What are Easter Baskets supposed to symbolize?
Answers to #9: The best-selling Easter Candy is the Cadbury Cream Egg. Easter baskets are supposed to symbolize a nest filled with eggs. Happy Spring!
Lory | Designthusiasm
1. There’s no question we’re deep into spring decorating! Here are 3 spring posts that have been super popular this week. The first is my Free Printable Bookmarks and Labels with Spring Art. If you missed my Lazy Girl’s Guide to Creating Spring Floral Arrangements, you’ll definitely want to check out my top shortcuts and tips. And this sophisticated Easter table utilizes soft colors in an upscale way.
2. THIS WEEK’S DECOR DEALS:
UNDER $100: This pierced porcelain ginger jar, this rustic canvas wall art, this tripod floor lamp, these stone Easter bunny sculptures, and this round mudcloth ottoman (the one with the leather trim is in stock).
CHIC FURNITURE UNDER $200: This wicker patio coffee table, this mid-century chair, this light wood side table, this farmhouse console table, this gold trimmed end table, this buffet with rattan panels and this wicker accent table.
3. Who doesn’t love a great charcuterie board for entertaining? This adorable Easter snack board with veggies and hummus is the perfect thing to serve with pre-dinner drinks. Switch out the elements you don’t like and replace with your faves, but keep the whole Easter bunny thing going.
4. ACCESSORY GIFT LINKS: We’re coming into the time of year for lots of gift giving, whether it be Mother’s Day, bridal events, graduations and more. Some lovely gift ideas include this delicate cuff bracelet, this terrific tote bag, these super chic sunglasses, this classic woven hat, and for that very special person, this perfect mini satchel.
5. WHAT’S INSPIRING ME AROUND THE WEB: Crazy in love with the artistic spirit defining this great room, also crushing on this uber-elegant, almost neoclassical, living room, yet in complete contrast, this richly patterned salon is equally stunning.
6. LUXURY LINKS: Not all designer bags cost thousands of dollars. These great quality mid-level designer bags are gorgeous and under $500. This elegant Tory Burch purse is a great alternative to a pricey Chanel bag at one tenth the price. Another great option is this quilted chain bag from Kurt Geiger. If tiny bags are not your thing, try this gorgeous blush bag from Kate Spade. Here’s a wonderful cross-body model for spring from Coach.
7. FAVORITE QUOTE: “Do things for people not because of who they are or what they do in return, but because of who you are.” —Harold S. Kushner
8. WHAT YOU’RE LOVING MOST: Top links this week include this awesome serving tray in the white wash, this sleek terracotta bowl, this neutral outdoor rug (mine just arrived!), my favorite Belgian flax linen sheet set and comforter, this delightful scented hand wash, and these bleached wood stools. Still going strong for several weeks, the number one and two links are this makeup bag and this must-have blush.
9. This week on the blog I shared this powder room update, this story and tips for packing up your home to move while keeping it staged to sell, and these French Country spring decor ideas to buy now.
10. UP NEXT: Ann, Yvonne and I all have one thing in common. We’re all empty nesters who have recently moved to a home more suited to our current needs. Each month we’ll be sharing how a particular room in our homes has evolved throughout the process. Coming next week we’ll be talking about the evolution of our living rooms!
Ann | On Sutton Place
1.) I love plaid, and I especially love gingham. There’s just something so classic and joyful about it! It seems to be popping up all over this spring, so here are my favorite pieces.
UNDER $25: this summer weight gauzy throw blanket, these fabric storage bins that come in three colors, and this cheerful rain jacket. I didn’t know Walmart sold Bath & Body products, but they do! Get this delicious Gingham body scrub, or this body spray.
UNDER $50: this super cute cutting board, this set of navy gingham melamine plates, this neutral seersucker gingham pillow, and you can’t go wrong with this crisp and summery black and white gingham table runner that’s reversible. One more thing…I think these Minnetonka espadrilles are adorable! (They come in 2 colors of gingham, red and black, plus lots of other patterns.)
UNDER $100: I just ordered this cozy and crisp cotton robe, and how cute is this gingham blouse that comes in two colors? Here’s a plus size popover blouse in the yummiest color, and here are pajamas that combine gingham and ruffles. Last thing. Here is a Bath & Body Gingham full size gift set…think Mother’s Day!
2.) One more gingham item that’s a splurge, but so chic. Take a look at these darling earrings from Tory Burch. I love them!
3.) FAVORITE QUOTE: “You are not here to bring light into the world. You are here to be the light.” ~Abraham Hicks
4.) I’m not a “green” person, but my mom was, and I really do love it. Take a look at these ideas for incorporating green into your kitchen. Also, from the iconic Laura Ashley, here’s a guide for using sage green in your home. (I loved looking at all the pictures!)
5.) I’m not often at a loss for words, but when I saw this laundry room, I was honestly speechless. It’s one of the prettiest spaces I’ve ever seen…right down to the dog shower!
6.) I haven’t talked much about the basement in our new house, but it’s an incredible space. There are two bedrooms, a living area, a small kitchenette, and a bathroom. Plus storage! Anyway, the bathroom was in need of a makeover, which I recently finished with help from Walmart. I added this set of towels, this two-tone rug, and this functional vanity accessory set. I’ll be sharing more soon!
7.) You all know I love to watch TV…but did you know I’m hooked on YouTube too? Don’t laugh! Here are some recent interesting nuggets that appeared in my feed: this behind the scenes look at the Pall Mall scene in season 2 of Bridgerton, this moment between Carrie Underwood and her mom, this small group of Irish dancers that hit it big on TikTok, and this homemade version of Hamburger Helper that will make your mouth water. (Notice this channel has almost 3 million followers!)
8.) RECENTLY SHARED ON THE BLOG: I teamed up with my Home Style Saturdays gang to bring you all sorts of spring flower arranging ideas. I shared a cute idea featuring tulips and rain boots, and included a free printable. If you missed it, click HERE.
9.) Well…we did it. We found a little miniature schnauzer puppy, and we’ll be bringing her home on April 18th. We already named her Millie, and my husband and I are beyond excited. She will definitely add some much-needed life and laughter to this house!
10.) Have an amazing week…it’s almost April!