Your weekly dose of new ideas, helpful hints, favorite items, and tidbits of wisdom…from a trio of lifestyle bloggers who love to share!
Affiliate links included. Click HERE for my disclosure statement.
Ann | On Sutton Place
1.) When I shared our great room evolution journey, I had many questions about the faux wood plantation shutters that we installed in all of our windows. They are from the Mirasol Premier Collection, and they were ordered through one of my best friends who is an interior designer. That’s about all I know! I trusted her and the installer to take care of everything, and they did an amazing job. I do have two recommendations for you that don’t require a designer. I was very happy with shutters we purchased through Lowe’s. You can install them yourself, or have them installed by a pro, which is what I did. I had them at the house on Sutton Place, and my daughter has them throughout her home. Lowe’s takes care of everything, and we found the process to be very easy. My daughter-in-law is currently working with Blinds to Go. The shutters have not been installed yet, but she was pleased with the ordering/measuring process.
2.) WHAT’S CATCHING MY EYE RIGHT NOW FOR UNDER $100: this crisp and summery outdoor umbrella, which we own and love, this super cute ceramic bunny basket, this set of 4 gray willow lanterns, this gorgeous dutch oven with 5-star reviews, these fresh meyer lemon soaps + lotions, this neutral coffee table tray, and these colorful and practical melamine salad plates. (P.S. That dutch oven is in my cart…I am in love with it!)
3.) If you love watching Hallmark movies, here are a few of my favorites: The Beach House, The Magic of Ordinary Days, Loving Leah, The Love Letter, As Luck Would Have It, Hello It’s Me, Away and Back, and Follow the Stars Home. All of these can be streamed on Hallmark Movies Now.
4.) FAVORITE QUOTE FROM CALL THE MIDWIFE: “Sometimes we can choose our paths, and sometimes our only choice is how we make our journey. Alone and resolute, or trusting in those who can uphold and guide us. Solitude is not armor, and the need for others is not weakness. We are all at our strongest when we find our selfhood, and embrace it. Just enough company, just enough space, and always, always, the exact amount of friendship…and love.” Season 11, episode 2.
5.) One of our favorite side dishes is Minute Rice! Not just plain rice though…this version is very tasty. In a glass bowl, heat one cup of chicken broth in the microwave until it boils. Add one cup of Minute Rice, cover, and let it sit for 10 minutes. In the same measuring cup you used for the chicken broth, heat one cup of frozen peas and carrots in the microwave for two minutes. When the rice is ready, combine it with the peas and carrots, 2 tablespoons of butter, and 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder. Stir well and serve hot. It’s delicious!
6.) I ran across this blog post several years ago, and it resonated with me more than anything else I have ever read. I was so happy when it showed up again in my Facebook feed. It’s well worth the few minutes it takes to read it. It’s about not wanting more, and being content with what we have right now. Enjoy…
7.) If you are interested at all in the tiny home phenomenon, you will want to watch this video. It’s short and to-the-point…which I love. Too much chatting at the beginning of videos drives me crazy! The owner is a young man who lives in a village outside of Edinburgh, Scotland. His street is named “The Cobbles,” and his tiny house is truly wonderful, and very inspiring.
8.) With spring here, and summer not far away, I thought I would share my favorite warm-weather recipes. This honey mustard grilled chicken is a family favorite, and it’s so easy. My most requested summertime supper is this chicken Caesar pasta salad. We love these ham and swiss sliders, and these chicken salad sandwiches are always a hit. I’m always looking for new ideas, so if you have a suggestion, leave us a comment!
9.) I’m flying out today to spend a week with the grandkids before our puppy arrives. I’ve got posts and emails ready to go, so you won’t even know I’m gone!
10.) I’m working on new free printables for summer, and I hope to have them ready to go by the beginning of next month. There’s a cookie recipe coming, and something special for Mother’s Day. If you aren’t on my email list, click HERE to join us. Have a lovely week!
Yvonne | StoneGable
1). I challenged myself to find 10 decor items in my home and create as many spring vignettes as I could only using those 10 things. I made 14 Spring Vignettes with them. This was so much fun and creative! Come see how easy it is to style simple vignettes with just a few items! Lots of inspiration for YOU! And see how to Style A Vignette Like A Pro!
2. Make a stunning centerpiece for your table or kitchen island by using a big bowl or some kind of container and planting an annual or perennial in it (see the featured image above). This makes a show-stopper centerpiece! It will probably cost about the same as a large bouquet of cut flowers and last a long time. And you can either throw the plant away when it is spent or plant it in your garden. I’ve planted quite a few plants I used inside as a centerpiece in my garden. It’s a big win/win!
4. FINDS $50-100- lush faux tree, my go-to earrings, decorative wooden bowl as shown in the featured image above, woven jute carry-all tote, reader’s favorite white tunic shirt, hyacinth wicker blanket basket.
5. FINDS $100+ – gorgeous mirror, mercury glass lamp I ordered for the sunroom, pretty glass-topped coffee table I just ordered, tufted recliner that does not look like one, wood outdoor glider bench.
9. Fun Kitchen Hacks With Lemons: Add a few drops of lemon juice to rice while cooking so it does not stick together. Rubbing your hands with lemons will help remove odors like onion and fish from them, before draining add a bit of lemon juice to a pot of potatoes and they will be extra white mashed potatoes.10. Did you know that you can find every StoneGable post by going to ALL POST INDEX under the StoneGable logo. It’s on the left side at the top. The posts are organized in categories such as how to decorate, living room decor, spring DIY, Christmas recipes and so many more!
Lory | Designthusiasm
1. If you’re an empty nester or have recently downsized, or if you’re simply fascinated by the way rooms evolve to accommodate one’s changing needs, you’ll love our new series that focuses on exactly that. Check out the evolution of my family room here.
2. THIS WEEK’S DECOR CRUSHES:
3. Are you ready for travel? If you’re starting to plan an upcoming vacation, you just might be inspired by one of the most beautiful places in the world to visit.
4. SPRING FASHION FINDS UNDER $50: Whether you’re traveling or just getting ready for warm weather, some pieces to grab while they last are this adorable scalloped short (currently on sale!), this simple puffed sleeve tee, these awesome tie-front cover-up pants, this on trend easy-to-wear floral dress, this web-handled straw tote handbag, and these super comfy split-toe sandals.
5. WHAT’S INSPIRING ME AROUND THE WEB: This kitchen is absolutely stunning with gorgeous marble and a French range, this dining space embodies the perfect mix of rustic and posh, and I don’t think I’ve ever seen a more enchanting Easter cake than this one.
6. NOT QUITE BUDGET BUT NOT COMPLETELY SPLURGE, these stunning pieces would make an impact in any home: this modern four poster bed, this mango wood trestle dining table, this gorgeous famrhouse arm chair, and this lovely mirrored glass coffee table.
7. It seems a recent trend in baby showers is bringing a book instead of a card with your gift. I just got this delightful little book for an upcoming shower and I’m not going to lie, it’s so sweet that it made me cry. A lot.
8. Sephora is having their Spring Savings Event until 4/11, in which Rouge members can save 20% with code SAVESPRING. This is a great time to stock up on beauty faves like this Naked Honey Eyeshadow Palette, this wonderful Soleil Glow Bronzer, my favorite Soft Matte Complete Concealer, and my latest discovery, this Serum Deodorant that’s paraben and aluminum free but actually still works!
9. This week on the blog I shared how to prepare your home for overnight guests, highlights from a delightful new book that looks at updated French Provincial decor, this blue and white country french table setting, and this chinoiserie living room I decorated for my parents’ downsized apartment.
10. UP NEXT: Feminine table decor to enjoy your spring celebrations like Easter, Mother’s Day, baby and bridal showers, graduation and more.