Your weekly dose of new ideas, helpful hints, favorite items, and tidbits of wisdom…from a trio of lifestyle bloggers who love to share!
Affiliate links included. Click HERE for my disclosure statement.
Yvonne | StoneGable
1. Easter is behind us and now we are looking forward to May! Oh, I love May! Here are a few things to do and read and think about as we head towards late spring and early summer: How To Make A Beautiful Summery Wreath, Herb Container Garden Guide, and Everything You Need To Know About Planting Summer Flower Containers. Now is the time to think about planting beautiful summery plants!
2. Last week’s reader’s favorites: this upholstered coffee table, this kimono sleeved top, this weekend shirtdress, this stylish wicker serving tray, my favorite mirror, and these outdoor rocking chairs.
3. Here’s a very clever hack for getting stuck on food off of baking dishes: Add two dryer sheets in the pan along with a squirt of dishwashing liquid and hot water. Let it soak for about 10 minutes and then scrub off any leftover food with one of the dryer sheets. Rinse and voila, easy clean-up!
5. Finds under $30- this pretty welcome mat, this faux seeded eucalyptus wreath, this faded blue pillow cover, great summer sandals (comes in 11 colors), a super organizing book, and a container gardening book I just got.
7 Great Finds for the less than you think – this farmhouse trestle table, 4 gorgeous Windsor dining chairs (a fabulous buy), love this striped and stitched comforter and shams set, these beautiful comfortable crop pants I just bought, and this handsome chair.
9. Are you thinking about painting your walls white? Or do you have white walls? This post, The Ulitmate Guide For Choosing White Paint, has so much valuable information about beautiful white paint. And has my favorite picks for warm white and cool white paint colors.
Lory | Designthusiasm
1. MOST POPULAR POST OF THE WEEK: House tours are always really popular and this week I shared an “imaginary house tour”. Well, the rooms really exist, but I picked 10 rooms from different homes, curated together to yield the perfect modern French-inspired home. Be sure to take a peek!
2. WHAT I’M CRUSHING ON FOR THE PATIO: These outdoor sofas, this white concrete coffee table (I just had this delivered!), this organic patio rug (looks great with the coffee table), these simple end tables, these rustic planters for the side tables, these outdoor pillows, as well as these pillows.
4. The next installment of our ‘Evolution of a Room’ series is coming up soon, and will be featuring DINING ROOMS. In anticipation of that, I wrote about 3 decor accessories that began the transformation of our dining room. A lot has followed since, but these 3 changes made a huge impact. Coming this weekend, I’ll also be sharing an all new shopping guide highlighting the very best dining tables!
5. WHAT’S INSPIRING ME AROUND THE WEB: I’m typically into all white or very light rooms, but well lit rooms can handle some interesting dark, or even black, accents. Consider the pendants and bar stools in this kitchen, the dramatic elegance of this dressing area cabinetry, and this gorgeous bay window trim detail.
6. I speak often about how much I love little luxuries, those mini-indulgences that can make your at home rituals a joy. Some of my personal faves would make great Mother’s Day gifts, including these wonderful French soaps, these aromatic candles, my new favorite hand wash (get the body lotion too), and this light and springy eau de parfum. I can personally recommend each of these, as I’ve been using them for years and their scents are heavenly.
7. We just booked a summer trip, so I’m on the lookout for a good vacation book. A friend recommended The Girl Who Wrote in Silk by Kelli Estes, so that could be my next read, although we’ll be heading to Spain, so something in that setting might be more on point. Have you guys got any recommendations?
8. How about some soft blues to mix in with all those organic neutrals? I’m crazy in love with these stoneware plates, this sweet little chinoiserie champagne bucket is utterly darling, this lovely rug is reminiscent of the sea, these monogrammed ginger jars are ever-so-beautiful, and this patterned pillow is plush and perfect.
10. COMING SOON: There’s so much work going on in my house right now – projects that have been planned for some time, that workers finally became available for. I’m not yet sure what will be ready to share first, but there’ll be new floor tile, freshly painted rooms and the accompanying decor updates that this type of work begets. I’ve also got a few furniture painting projects in the works, so stay tuned for lots of new things
Ann | On Sutton Place
1.) RANDOM THINGS I LOVE THIS WEEK: this crisp and summery eyelet top, these darling toile earrings, this reasonably priced woven laundry basket, this comfy v-neck knit shirt, this super cute measuring cup set, and this versatile round wicker tray that comes in 4 sizes and 3 colors!
2.) FAVORITE QUOTE: “Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.” ~Marcus Aurelius
3.) I just discovered these amazing wooden lids for Ball mason jars. They come in two sizes, regular and wide mouth. Maybe they have been around a while, but I just saw them the other day for the first time. I promptly ordered a set in both sizes!
4.) One of my ongoing blog jobs is to update old content. When I update an old post, I add more information, sometimes I take all new images, and I add headings so the post is easier to navigate. It can take a full work day to do just one post, so it’s a slow process! When a post is finished, it’s basically brand new. I will share these with you as I go along. If you don’t subscribe to OSP, we’d love for you to join us. Get more information HERE.
5.) YOUR FAVORITE POSTS SO FAR THIS YEAR: I have to admit that I’m a little surprised at what I found out! In third place is the post on my fern planters from a few years ago. They are super easy, yet make a statement. In second place, and this was a shocker, is my post on drooping tulips! I also include information on how to arrange tulips. Finally, in first place with the most pageviews so far is my recipe for a banana oatmeal smoothie. I share the basic recipe, and then list all the variations.
6.) If you have followed this blog for even a little while, you know that I like simple things, and budget-friendly pieces. I recently happened upon a website called The Beautiful Bed Company. I was honestly blown away by their amazing beds, and the way they are staged in the photographs. There is so much inspiration, and it’s a wonderful site to get ideas. It’s definitely out of my price range, but it doesn’t hurt to look!
7.) Believe it or not, while I sit here writing this, the snow is falling outside my window. This happened last year too, and I panicked because my peonies on Sutton Place were up about two feet, and some had buds. I assembled some covers to protect them, and you can see what I did HERE. It all worked out fine, and I had amazing blooms. I wish I had known that it would be my last summer there…I would have taken more time to enjoy them!
8.) INSPIRING IDEAS: this charming farmhouse potting bench, this small but beautiful foyer, one of my favorite kitchen islands ever, this casual but refined conversation room, and these stunning summer flower pots.
9.) That’s all I have for today. I’m hoping the snow melts quickly so I can get outside and refresh our front porch. I want to make strawberry bread and sweep the floor of our garage. Definitely nothing exciting, but nonetheless, time well spent. See you next week!