Your weekly dose of new ideas, helpful hints, favorite items, and tidbits of wisdom…from a trio of lifestyle bloggers who love to share!
Affiliate links included. Click HERE for my disclosure statement.
Yvonne | StoneGable
1). The Home Style Saturday girls are having a giveaway celebrating our 300th HSS! Each one of us is giving away a $75.00 gift card to one of our favorite decor stores. I’m giving away a gift card to Crate And Barrel. You can still enter to win all 5 gift cards. Go Here to enter.
My June Musing post is live. This is a much more personal look at me and StoneGable and a behind the scene look at all kinds of things.
2. Here’s a little secret for making bottled salad dressing taste like homemade! Add a few fresh ingredients to the dressing. Simple, right? For bleu cheese dressing add a few more bleu cheese crumbles, some finely diced green onions, and a splash of red wine vinegar. For ranch dressing add chopped chives and a dollop of sour cream. To give vinaigrettes a fresher taste add a splash of flavored vinegar or lemon juice, fresh herbs, and a little bit of soft cheese like feta. The idea is to wake up the flavors by adding a bit of freshness. Here’s my favorite salad spinner, and salad dressing shaker.
3. Fabulous Finds:
Under $50: this washed cream vase, this cotton natural and white basket, these double sided pillows these rustic candle holders, this beautiful blue and white pillow, and a trio of herb pots in a tray.
Worth The Splurge: Aren’t the books in the image above pretty? They are my most recent and favorite decor purchase. They are incredibly beautiful and of very high quality! I can’t tell you how thrilled I am with these decorative books! I can think of a hundred things to do with them. They are so worth the splurge! You can see them HERE.
5. Things to read and see: I’ve not read these books but they look very interesting: When The Apricots Bloom, The Bakers Secret, and The Finder Of Forgotten Things. Did you know you could buy a French Chateau or a Castle for a song? Many young people are restoring these broken down beauties. Here is one of my favorite couples and their French Chateau. And here is a charming, modern tour of a Country Home.
6. Fun and Interesting Facts: let’s chat about color: What is the most popular paint color? What color has been proven to improve work productivity by 15 percent?
7. Fashion I love: this bracelet fit bit, this pretty embroidered tunic, this adorable cover-up, my favorite perfect summer tee shirt on sale, these relaxed chino cropped pants, and these comfortable flip flop sandals.
8. If you love Jane Austin you will love this fun and very informative video about the book Pride And Prejudice. And here is another video about the Regency Period in England. Ellie explains things we probably do not know and puts the events into context. Have you read Pride And Prejudice? Here’s the book.
Answer to #6- Benjamin Moore’s Dove White has been the most popular paint color for the last 10 years. It’s calming and clean! Green is the color to have around you when you want to improve your productivity.
Lory | Designthusiasm
1. For those of you who are not ready to travel yet, I put together a post with 50 ideas for vacationing at home this summer. Be sure to check it out because it also includes a very affordable summer capsule wardrobe (scroll down for the capsule), as well as ways to truly refresh and recharge without leaving your home town.
2. CURRENT DECOR CRUSHES:
3. One of my top posts of all time looks at 5 affordable room makeovers that have modernized my home’s french style.
4. FAVORITE QUOTE: “When you buy something cheap and bad, the best you’re going to feel about it is when you buy it. When you buy something expensive and good, the worst you’re going to feel about it is when you buy it.” – Sasha Aickin, former CTO at Redfin, sharing some financial advice from his grandmother.
5. FASHION PICKS: Let’s talk swimwear, because if you’re anything like me, buying bathing suits is not your favorite activity. I found a few forgiving styles I’m liking this year. I love this peplum tankini that also comes as a one piece (I prefer the convenience of a two piece). This super flattering tankini is my new favorite. Wear it with this basic bottom or with bottoms you already own. Another flattering and comfortable style is this tankini with the same basic bottoms. This oversized linen shirt is my new go-to coverup. These are great sunnies – I love the tortoise shell combo. And finish it off with this darling beach tote.
6. WHAT’S INSPIRING ME AROUND THE WEB: I love a mix of antiques with modern, but the key there is the mix. When it gets too modern, everything looks the same, so I’m finding myself inspired anew with vintage details. This living room does it perfectly, as does this wonderful dining space, and this delightful bedroom. All from a fabulous new-to-me account called @jyoungdesignhouse.
7. FURNITURE DEALS: This crisp chest of drawers is great for a bedroom, living room or entry foyer, this fabulous console table is also quite versatile and wonderfully priced, this pair of side chairs are the perfect wicker color, and this lovely upholstered armchair is back in stock!
8. THIS WEEK ON THE BLOG I shared this summer refresh for the bathroom, this story of how we updated our kitchen cabinets with paint, this colorful summer tablescape with mason jars centerpiece, and this patio decor update with bright preppy colors.
9. LUXURY LINK OF THE WEEK: Last week I mentioned these wonderful camisoles that I like to sleep in. I typically wear them with yoga shorts and now that I have nice new camisoles, I had to replace the ripped and re-sewn shorts I’ve been wearing for years. These are my new faves and they are soft as butter! (I like the 4″ inseam.) They’re a delight to slip into at bedtime.
10. UP NEXT: I may have promised this last week, but I’m a week off schedule, so be on the lookout for my post about a magical trip to Spain. If you’re not traveling this summer, go back up to my point 1, but you just might enjoy the visuals in the upcoming post anyway… ;-)
Ann | On Sutton Place
1.) Right now, Pottery Barn is offering free shipping on hundreds of items. I just ordered this pillow cover that combines my two favorite fabrics…grain sack and ticking. I also love this farmhouse pillow cover, and this one too. In addition to the free shipping, many are on sale as well!
2.) This is my once-a-year PSA about homemade Dole Whip. If you haven’t tried it, you definitely need to! Here is a YouTube video that explains it well…but it’s super easy. You need an ice cream maker, and this Dole Pineapple Soft Serve Mix. You are going to love it!
3.) FAVORITE QUOTE: “It’s funny how we outgrow what we once thought we couldn’t live without, and then we fall in love with what we didn’t even know we wanted. Life keeps leading us on journeys we would never go on if it were up to us. Don’t be afraid. Have faith. Find the lessons. Trust the journey.” ~marcandangel
4.) WHAT’S INSPIRING ME: I am in love with this dresser makeover that features raw wood, this raspberry coffee cake recipe is from one of my favorite food blogs, this Hamptons, NY home tour features beautiful colors and traditional style, and this Mobile, AL home tour has one of the prettiest kitchens I’ve ever seen.
5.) EASY REFRESHING SUMMER SNACK: Pick up a bunch of red or green seedless grapes at the grocery. Wash them in a bath of apple cider vinegar and water, then rinse well. (Fill a large bowl with cool water and add 2 tablespoons of apple cider vinegar.) Place them on a clean dish towel to dry. Put them in a resealable bag or container, and place them in the freezer. Pop these frozen grapes in your mouth whenever you need a little pick-me-up. They are delicious!
6.) Maybe you are familiar with a crisp sandwich, but I had never heard of it until I read this article. A crisp sandwich is iconic in the UK, and it has just three ingredients. I can’t wait to try it!
7.) Now is the perfect time to refresh your bedding and add a lighter touch. This reversible matelassé quilt is available in two fresh colors, and this farmhouse stripe quilt set is charming and crisp. This neutral quilt has a sweet decorative border, and I adore the ties on the pillow shams. This feminine floral quilt set is perfect for summer, and this seersucker Hearth & Hand quilt set is full of texture and a great price.
8.) If you love picnic food, you will definitely want to try these easy baked beans. It’s a no-fail recipe with just six ingredients, and it comes out perfect every time.
10.) Have a wonderful week!