Your weekly dose of new ideas, helpful hints, favorite items, and tidbits of wisdom…from a trio of lifestyle bloggers who love to share!
Affiliate links included. Click HERE for my disclosure statement.
My winner of our first Wednesday Weekly Wish List giveaway is Catie, and she chose a $75 gift card to Walmart. We’re doing this every week, so click HERE to find out how to enter!
Lory | Designthusiasm
1. “If your lifestyle has changed but your home style hasn’t followed, maybe now is the time?” This is the tagline on my free guide, “20 Ways to Update Your Home for Your Evolving Lifestyle”. It geared toward anyone who is thinking of downsizing, has become an empty nester, or will be nearing that phase (or any other change in lifestyle) soon. To get the free guide, you just need to subscribe to my newsletter and you can do that HERE. If you are in the throes of deciding whether to move or update, you might also like my toolkit, “Downsize or Optimize” which you can read more about HERE. Next I’m considering a more complete program to guide you through the process of evaluating, decluttering, organizing and then decorating your home for your near-future home-life stage. If this sounds interesting to you, let me know in the comments!
2. CURRENT DECOR CRUSHES:
UNDER $100: this acacia wood tray table, this herringbone velvet pillow cover, this abstract framed wall canvas, this rectangular rattan basket, and I have to share this one again because it was so popular last week: this square quartz stone catchall.
3. Did you know you can find all of my summer decorating posts under one tab? If you go to my home page, just hover over “Decorate” in the menu bar, then scroll down and click on “Summer Decor”. Or you can just click HERE for all my Summer Decor posts.
4. FASHION PICKS: Let’s look at playful summer jewelry this week. These pearl cluster drop earrings, this onyx beaded bracelet, this curbed chain bracelet, this thick oval linked chain bracelet, and this mini bezel bar necklace.
5. WHAT’S INSPIRING ME AROUND THE WEB: Sharing some lovely images this week from one of my all time favorite Instagram accounts, including this simple, charming, yet utterly gorgeous entryway, this wonderful example of beautifully styled shelves, and this delightful corner that shows off Swedish style so perfectly.
6. FURNITURE DEALS: This sleek console table, this wicker patio sofa with cushions, this vegan leather lounger, and this upholstered barrel accent chair (click over to the cream sherpa or grey velvet – only the linen is sold out).
7. THIS WEEK ON THE BLOG I shared how to refresh your home with luxe white linens, where to buy affordable ottoman benches for the bedroom, entryway or other spaces, and for the most summery color feeling: blue and white chinoiserie and other blue and white decor.
8. LUXURY LINK OF THE WEEK: Most weeks when I share a luxury item, it’s a small luxury that may be pricey for what it is, but it’s usually not a particularly expensive item. Every now and then, however, there is an item that is, in fact, costly, but worth linking because it is classic and timeless, excellent quality and in the best cases, something that appreciates in value, making it a good investment. Such is the case with this week’s luxury item, the Van Cleef and Arpels Vintage Alhambra necklace. Here is my favorite combo from a well-known and trustworthy reseller. The smaller size, called Sweet, is very delicate and nice for layering (and significantly less money).
9. FAVORITE HEALTHY RECIPE: This Cheddar Breakfast Sandwich looks so simple and yet so yummy. Can this really be so healthy? I could eat like this all the time! What a perfect way to start the day…
10. UP NEXT: Be on the lookout for several furniture painting projects!
Ann | On Sutton Place
1.) I know I promised you a look at our renovated foyer, but I had a few technical difficulties, and it’s taken longer than anticipated. It is definitely finished now, so look for an email on Thursday. We are featuring foyers for our Evolution Series. (If you aren’t an OSP email subscriber, please join us!)
2.) FAVORITE QUOTE: “We all have a bag. We all pack differently. Some of us are traveling light. Some of us are secret hoarders who’ve never parted with a memory in our lives. I think we are called to figure out how to carry our bag to the best of our ability, how to unpack it, and how to face the mess. I think a part of growing up is learning how to sit down on the floor with all your things and figuring out what to take with you and what to leave behind.” ~Hannah Brencher
3.) WHAT I’M WATCHING NOW: honestly nothing! I have hit a dry spell, and don’t have anything to watch. There are a few good shows coming up though. A remake of Jane Austen’s Persuasion is coming to Netflix on July 15th. I’m not sure about Dakota Johnson as Anne Elliot, but I’ll give it a chance! Also on Netflix, season 4 of Virgin River starts on July 20th. Grantchester starts on PBS this Sunday, July 10th. I may have to start watching reruns of Downton Abbey again. Ha!
P.S. I did watch The Stranger by Harlan Coben on Netflix, and although it was a bit weird, it kept me guessing until the end.
4.) You all know I love the Hearth & Hand with Magnolia line at Target, and today I’m highlighting a few of my favorite things. (Everything is under $40.) This natural woven tray is the perfect layering tool. This generously sized double handled wood board would be great for charcuterie, or it would be beautiful displayed in your kitchen. I love the lines of this tall stoneware pitcher, but I also adore this fluted style. Here’s another tray, and this one is wood with metal handles. (It’s in my cart, but I seriously don’t need another tray!) Another favorite is this 2-tier wood & metal serving stand. (Imagine this stand in the fall, adorned with little pumpkins and gourds.)
5.) DID YOU KNOW?
- I never knew that this is the best way to cut a peach! I haven’t tried it yet, but as soon as the peaches hit the farm stand, I’m going to give it a go.
- Have you ever baked a pie in a brown paper bag? Check it out HERE.
6.) DECOR FINDS THAT CAUGHT MY EYE: I adore this nightstand…it comes in 15 colors and has over 15,000 reviews! I’ve been looking at armoires, because I really want one for our main bedroom. This one is pricey but lovely, and this one has both doors and drawers, which would be very practical. This coffee table is truly amazing, and this handsome console table comes in 4 colors and has over 100 reviews.
7.) EASY SIDE DISHES FOR FAMILY MEALS: I’ve been making these Delmonico potatoes for 40 years, and they turn out perfect every time. These roasted vegetables are easy and so colorful, this vegetable gratin is perfect for summer, and this Jiffy corn casserole is a family favorite any time of year!
8.) WHAT’S INSPIRING ME: this board and batten wall, this gorgeous armoire in a bathroom, this French Country armoire painted the prettiest shade of blue-gray, and this country bungalow interior that’s fresh and welcoming.
9.) The response to last week’s gift card giveaway was so awesome…so make sure to enter again. Click HERE for all the details. Have a wonderful week!
Yvonne | StoneGable
1). During the summer months, The Tanglewood House hosts lots of family and friends for a stay! We love our home full of people! Having our guest rooms company ready is important. So earlier this summer I did a little refresh of our guest’s favorite bedroom. Come see the Golf Guest Room and get some ideas for your home. And if you missed it, see our Summer Master Bedroom Tour.
2. I loved this video on why restaurant vegetables taste better than the ones you make at home. So true! And here’s the book Salt, Fat, Acid, Heat he mentions and I also LOVE! Here is a tour beautiful French apartment, a fabulous casual home in Connecticut, and my dream home in Nantucket, in my dream destination.
3. If you have leftover wine instead of dumping it down the drain, freeze it in ice cube trays. I never thought of doing this. What a genius idea! So when you need a little wine to deglaze a pan or to add depth of flavor to a dish you have it right in your freezer. I love these ice cube trays for freezing things like herbs and now wine!
4. FABULOUS FINDS OF THE WEEK:
5. Ann, Lory, and I are doing a series about the evolution of the rooms in our home. So far we have shared the evolution of the KITCHEN, and LIVING ROOM, and DINING ROOM. And tomorrow you can see the evolution of a foyer.
6. Fun and Interesting Facts: Where do most of the cut flowers come from? What two popular vegetables are actually flowers?
7. CAPSULE WARDROBE FINDS: This week’s capsule wardrobe is all about casual and classic clothing we can’t live without. These crop black pants, this classic long sleeved tee shirt, these classic hoop earrings, this classic denim jacket, and Ked’s classic slip on sneakers.
8. If you are a Downton Abby fan make sure to see the newest movie, Downton Abby: A New Era. The costumes were spectacular and the sets were just so beautiful. I also enjoyed the storyline. Here’s the cast talking about the movie. But beware, it’s a SPOILER ALERT!
Answers to #6, Fun Facts: California grows 60% of all the cut flowers. Cauliflower and broccoli are actually vegetables.