Your weekly dose of new ideas, helpful hints, favorite items, and tidbits of wisdom…from a trio of lifestyle bloggers who love to share!
Affiliate links included. Click HERE for my disclosure statement.
Ann | On Sutton Place
1.) DECOR PICKS FOR THE WEEK: I adore this ladder bookcase and it’s even on sale! This set of 3 rustic vases looks way more expensive than it is, this beautiful tray comes in 5 colors and has almost 1000 reviews, and I just ordered this quilt set for our bedroom to freshen things up a bit.
2.) EASY TO ADD ACCENT PIECES : This gorgeous console table is absolutely perfect, and worth the splurge. I love the shape of this farmhouse windowpane mirror, this elegant double door cabinet is a great price, and this set of pillow covers has tons of texture and comes in several sizes and colors.
3.) FAVORITE QUOTE: “You’re allowed to walk away from the chaos. It’s not your job to fix everything and everyone. You can’t carry it all. It’s okay to rest.” ~Brooke Hampton
4.) BEAUTIFUL INSPIRATION: Chloe, from Boxwood Avenue, shares a glimpse into her cozy and comfortable home, this DIY open shelving is accessorized perfectly, this walk-in pantry will literally take your breath away, and take a tour of one of the prettiest houses on Cape Cod.
5.) Do you follow me on Instagram? If not, please come over and join us! We share reels a few times a week, and we share one or two stories each day. Click HERE to see what we’re doing!
6.) A few weeks ago, Lory linked to several pieces of pretty jewelry. On impulse, I ordered one of the bracelets she recommended, and I love it. It’s reasonably priced, and beautiful. Click HERE to see what I got!
7.) WHAT I’M WATCHING NOW: I managed to find a few things to watch, but it’s still slim pickings! I found a three-season series on Hulu called The Split, which I really love. It’s about three sisters, and it’s very real and entertaining. I watched Redemption on Britbox, and was glad it had a good ending. Grantchester (PBS) started, and the season 2 finale of Transplant (Hulu) just arrived a few days ago. Lots of cliff-hangers! Virgin River comes back today with season 4 on Netflix.
8.) Every year, when July rolls around, I start thinking about designing the totally free OSP monthly calendar. I like to publish it in September, and it takes me a while, so I need to start early. I’m about halfway finished, and it’s looking good! My email subscribers are the first to see it, so if you aren’t on my list, you can sign up HERE. If you’re curious about what is included, take a look at the 2022 calendar.
9.) If you’re growing herbs, a really fun way to use them in the summer is as a drink garnish. Float some mint in your lemonade, or dunk a few sprigs of thyme in your orange juice. I have some pretty, non-alcoholic drink recipes right at your fingertips, and you can see them all HERE. Pictured above: non alcoholic white sangria.
10.) I just shared a new and yummy recipe for French Bread Pizza, and I’m working on a post for this weekend that’s part of my “moving + downsizing” series. It’s been a challenge, but I’m almost finished, so look for that on Sunday. Wishing you all the loveliest week ever!
WE’RE STILL RUNNING THE WEEKLY GIVEAWAY FOR THREE $75 GIFT CARDS. CLICK HERE TO ENTER!
Yvonne | StoneGable
1. Hey, Friends! I’ve had so many comments from you about color! Paint color and undertones and color palettes! Honestly, the success of a room, or for that matter, the decor of your whole home hinges on choosing the right colors. Here are my most informative and best posts on color. Just read the comments on these posts and you will see how helpful they are. 8 Color Lessons You Should Know, How To Choose The Right Color Palette For Your Home, Everything You Need To Know About White Paint, and Can You Mix Warm And Cool Colors In Your Home.
2. My father was a military man and he tried to teach me so many organizing skills. I still use many of them today. One of my favorite organizing tips is “wash as you go”. When I cook I fill the sink up with hot sudsy water. And as I cook I also fill the dishwasher or wash things I have used. I try to catch spills on my work surface and stove right away. So when I’m done cooking my kitchen is almost cleaned up! Thanks, Daddy! See how to keep your kitchen countertops organized and looking amazing HERE.
3. I love this video about real-life decorating dilemmas.
4. Fabulous Finds:
Under $100- set of two Luminaria flickering tapers with remote (the best), this velvet embroidered lumbar pillow (LOVE), this gorgeous mirror that comes in two finishes, and this handsome wood and glass serving dish.
Under $200- this set of 6 gorgeous Luminaria flickering tapers with remote (I just ordered), this cube bench I love, and these decorative boxes, this beautiful urn on sale (I have this), and this cozy throw blanket.
5. It’s the height of BBQ season! Here is our favorite rub to put on just about anything! We also love this simple marinade/vinaigrette we use all year long. Mix 2/3 cup olive oil, 1/4 cup balsamic vinaigrette, the juice of one lemon, 2 smashed garlic cloves, 2 tsp mustard, and a pinch of salt and pepper. So so good! Make sure you see all the great summer recipes On The Menu this week.
7. Capsule Wardrobe Everyday Jewelry: Stacking bracelets are so stylish! Here are my favorites- this pretty chain bracelet, this must-have bead bracelet, this chic bolo bracelet, and this pearl bracelet.
8. Fun and Interesting Facts: What is the surname of England’s royal family?
What is a flock of ravens called?
9. Did you notice the image at the top of my list? I’m on my 5th coffee table in the living room and I think this is “the one”! Look for a post tomorrow or next Monday all about upholstered coffee tables.
Answer to #8- The royal family’s surname is Windsor. The real name was Saxe-Coburg-Gotha but it was changed in 1917 because they thought it sounded too German. A flock of ravens is called “unkindness” and also a “conspiracy”. Weird and a bit creepy!
Lory | Designthusiasm
1. Have you ever had a meaningful piece of furniture that you couldn’t part with but it really didn’t go with your style? This week I modernized an antique desk with hutch that my dad used to do his homework at as a kid. It was a simple painting project that breathed new life into the piece.
2. CURRENT DECOR CRUSHES:
UNDER $100: This amazingly priced brass accent table, this awesome terracotta vase, this fabulous lumbar pillow cover (also love this color and shape), these modern vintage wall sconces, and this elegant entryway rug.
4. FASHION PICKS: Now’s the time for transition clothing. Get a few pieces that will take your summer clothes into early fall, such as this of-the-moment blazer, this oversized crisp white poplin shirt, this lightweight cashmere cardigan, this classic straight leg light wash jean and these perfect suede booties.
5. WHAT’S INSPIRING ME AROUND THE WEB: I absolutely love the way this dining room brings the outdoors in. It’s warm and bright, organic and elegant. What a fabulous bedroom for multiple kids or a guest room for your kids and their kids! My goodness, I could spend the whole day in this stunning sunroom! It’s a cozy indoor space that feels like it’s outdoors!
6. FURNITURE DEALS: This fabulous faux leather chair, this wonderful sideboard (I love the light wood color), this fully upholstered bed that works with any design style, this lovely swivel accent chair, and this terrific distressed wood desk. Also had 3 people ask me about this sold out coffee table this week and it’s back in stock!
7. The top post of the week was about “over-decorating”. If you’re concerned you may be overdoing it, making your lovely things hard to see amid too much decor, check out Home Decor Tips to Simplify Your Space.
8. LUXURY LINK OF THE WEEK: My favorite luxury links are those that upgrade your daily life but that are still attainable and certainly don’t cost thousands, or in this case even hundreds. Things like a luxury candle, which can brighten your day, every day, for less than $100. Yes, these cost more than drugstore candles, but they also bring more sophisticated scents to your home. My three faves, which I use in different rooms are this Bamboo one for the bedroom, this Orange Blossom one for the kitchen, and this Berry one for the family room. Each one is more heavenly than the next!
9. THIS WEEK ON THE BLOG I shared Easy Ways to Add Small Pleasures to Your Daily Life, this informal and inexpensive Summer Table Setting, and for those looking to plan last minute travel or just enjoy a little armchair travel, here’s The Prettiest Hilltop Village in France.
10. UP NEXT: I just may be working on a small living room update…
Click HERE for more chances to enter the GIVEAWAY!
Join the OSP Family
Subscribe to our newsletter to get
new posts and special offers!