Your weekly dose of new ideas, helpful hints, favorite items, and tidbits of wisdom…from a trio of lifestyle bloggers who love to share! There is so much inspiration today…so let’s get right to it!
*Affiliate links included. Click HERE for my disclosure statement.
Ann | On Sutton Place
1. I saw this sign on Pinterest, and honestly laughed out loud. Does this describe you too?
2. This kitchen is classic and traditional, and I love it. My two favorite features are the stove and the navy cabinet. The stove literally gives me goose bumps!
3. Have you ever wondered how to put together one of those big, farmhouse-style, unconstructed flower arrangements…where the greenery isn’t balanced, and the flowers drip over the sides of the vessel? Check out this article to get easy-to-understand directions.
4. I ordered two of these lamps for the nightstands in our bedroom…and I love them! For a softer look, I have these lamps in one of our guest rooms, and they are beautiful too. (And you will not believe the price. They’re on sale!)
7. FAVORITE QUOTE: “If it doesn’t open, it’s not your door.” Wise words from Wild Woman Sisterhood.
8. FAVORITE BLOG: The Kitchen McCabe. I found this blog through Instagram, and immediately fell in love. Kayley is not only gifted in the kitchen, she is a truly amazing photographer. Her Instagram feed is stunning.
9. If you are interested in wallpaper inspiration, follow Thibaut on Instagram. Their feed is beautiful…colorful and so unique. Ideas galore!
Yvonne | StoneGable
1 . Are you thinking about fall yet? I’ve been thinking about fall for more than a month already! It’s not too early to start a couple of fall projects! My all-time favorite fall diy is my chinoiserie pumpkins. They look beautifully mixed in with fall decor. And here is my favorite gilded pumpkin diy too!
2. I keep my blogging business super organized by using my Google calendar, Air Table database, and my favorite planner/ journal/ notebook here. My son gave me this dotted journal/planner/notebook for Mother’s Day a couple of years ago and now am hooked! If you need to organize your life this journal is amazing! This YouTube video will show you how to bullet journal.
3. Do you love hydrangeas? They grow like weeks here. When we landscaped the Tanglewood House we planted nine new hydrangea plants to the 3 we already had. My new favorite hydrangeas are Ruby Slipper hydrangeas. I love to cut them and bring them in but hydrangeas can be a bit of a Diva! Here is a post about how to care for cut hydrangeas so they last longer.
4. I don’t spend a lot of time when I’m not working scrolling through social media but I love these fun, pretty, and happy IG accounts. See ones I love to visit here, here, here, and here. My original account was hacked and held for ransom. I did not pay the bad actors so I am starting over! I would so appreciate it if you would follow my new account here.
5. Have you joined THE DECORATING PANEL on Facebook? Six bloggers and I have started a FREE Facebook group to discuss all things decorating. Ask questions, get advice, read other’s comments, and get inspired! This group is amazing!
6. Do you need ideas for dinner? We all need help, right? Every Friday I post ON THE MENU with a week’s worth of delicious dinner menus and lots of seasonal recipes. Right now my favorite salad is Rolled Zucchini Ribbons With Balsamic Glaze. It’s beautiful and delicious!
7. The Piano Guys are a real favorite with Bobby and me. We saw them in concert and they were magnificent! Here is one of my favorite videos of theirs filmed in Scotland! And this beloved hymn mix played by them too.
8. I’m thinking about getting a different dining table. This time around I’m going to add a bit of warm wood to our home… even if it is just on the top of the table. You can see what I’m thinking about here, here, and here.
9. Do you have a nighttime routine. I am not good at winding down in the evening. And I think my sleep suffers a bit. So I have just established a nighttime routine that will help me sleep better and start the next day better. See 8 Great Ideas For A Healthy Nighttime Routine.
10. I’m looking for a bulletin board for my office and found so many pretty ones. These would be great for kitchens or family command centers or to hang jewelry on in a closet. Wow, these are pretty! See my favorites here, here, here, here, and here is my favorite.
Lory | Designthusiasm
1. I’ve been thinking more and more about honing my design style and which looks most align with my taste. I believe it’s very much vintage-inspired, if not always French, and my ideal is reflected in the work of antiques-importer-turned-designer, Tara Shaw. She talks all about decorating with antiques in her book Soul of the Home.
2. Favorite diet tip: One of my go-to dishes when eating out is veal milanese with arugula and tomato, but we all know that breaded veal, no matter how thin it’s pounded, is not exactly diet-friendly. So, I’ve gotten in the habit of substituting grilled chicken instead and now I feel like I’m having a great dish without the extra calories!
3. Not sure how I feel about dark grout. At first I hated it, but in a modern space, it can be kind of cool. Definitely gives a room an updated feel. I still can’t help but feel it looks a bit dirty. How do you all vote on this? Yes or no on the dark grout?
4. Think it’s impossible to get furniture these days at great prices? Think again! Check out this chesterfield sofa, this coffee table, this glass front cabinet, these side tables and this club chair. That’s a whole living room, right there!
5. A few months ago I discovered this amazingly talented interior designer! She always has some new and exciting project she’s working on, so following her Instagram page is an awesome way to see what’s new. In case you missed it, I also shared a tour of her exquisite home not that long ago on the blog.
6. This week on the web I’m inspired by this crazy-organized pantry (and be sure to swipe through for other perfectly organized spaces). Dreaming about dining in this lush patio setting! This is a really interesting way to introduce fall color! I would never have thought of it, but I think it works beautifully!
7. Last week I shared my amazing daytime moisturizer and it was by far the most popular product I’ve ever shared! It is a bit pricey so I do balance it out with a less expensive night cream. Still not drugstore prices, but less than half the price of my day cream. Not as amazing, but perfect for overnight.
8. And speaking of less than half the price, I’ve been eyeing these side tables for the longest time. I absolutely love them, but not the price! Imagine my surprise when I found these much more affordable ones today!! Woohoo!
9. This week on the blog we considered the question: Are you over-decorating your home? I also shared this elegant outdoor table that’s surprisingly built around the plainest white dishes, these ways to use fragrance to bring luxury to your home , and this reveal of the first stage of our kitchen renovation.
10. Coming up soon: I’m finally looking at the laundry room…
Until next week…