Your weekly dose of new ideas, helpful hints, favorite items, and tidbits of wisdom…from a trio of lifestyle bloggers who love to share!
Affiliate links included. Click HERE for my disclosure statement.
Lory | Designthusiasm
1. If you’re looking for ways to update your cute summer clothing to create casual fall outfits, this post is for you. I don’t often post a dedicated fashion post, but I couldn’t resist sharing this very affordable new line, so check out this summer-into-fall transitional capsule. You just may see pictures of me wearing the looks.
2. CURRENT DECOR CRUSHES:
UNDER $200: this fabulous seagrass vase shaped planter, this wonderful cabin throw blanket (in bronze for fall or cream for a more neutral look), this branchy fall wreath, and this neutral textured lamp.
3. Do you like to reorganize your closet at the end of the season? This bedroom closet remodel shows how the key to staying organized is to set up systems that are easy to maintain.
4. FASHION PICKS: I’ve been all over the layered necklace trend, which is a bit out of character for me (not really a jewelry girl), but I decided I’d like a few real gold necklaces that didn’t cost thousands. Finally got my layered set worked out. The shortest is this very tiny diamond bar necklace (I got the yellow gold), next I have this gold quatrefoil mid-length piece, and finally, for the longest length, I just added this Italian ingot pendant necklace.
5. WHAT’S INSPIRING ME AROUND THE WEB: This gorgeous account celebrates a wonderful mix of French style with modern chic, as seen in this living room view. Would love to walk into the kitchen and see this morning view. This magnificent entry is the very picture of rustic elegance.
6. FURNITURE DEALS: This beautiful washed wood nightstand, this versatile flip-top pedestal console table, this elegant 3 drawer chest, this handcrafted set of bar stools, this stunning wingback cane headboard.
7. THIS WEEK ON THE BLOG we looked at 8 ideas for cozying up the bedroom for fall, these super easy fall decorating ideas for the kitchen, and this soft and neutral fall table setting. I was also happily surprised to see how popular this post about decorating our staircase landing was. I’m actually looking to update the pieces, but the concept will stay the same.
8. LUXURY LINK OF THE WEEK: The ultimate coffee table book, “Tom Ford” chronicles Ford’s vision and design work across multiple disciplines, but is also the quintessential design book used in decorating. I love seeing this book in any room.
9. This Tomato Bruschetta looks so delicious and refreshing (it’s hard to believe it’s healthy, but it is!)
10. UP NEXT: All about fall decor trends…
Ann | On Sutton Place
1.) FALL NESTING → Since this is our first fall in the Sugar Maple house, I wanted a few new things to add to our living room decor. I decided to concentrate on the things I love the most…namely pillows, lanterns, and layering. I really want some autumn color mixed in with the neutrals, so I ordered these lumbar pillow covers for the tufted chairs. I also ordered two of these woven striped pillow covers. They were a bit of a splurge, but I fell in love when I saw them. I also ordered this round tray with black handles, and these wood lanterns. The tray is for the coffee table and the lanterns are for the mantel. They are a great price, and they look more expensive than they are! See the round tray in the image above. I’ll be showing you the whole room early next month, so stay tuned.
2.) BACK IN STOCK → Many of you have written to me about being disappointed that my round coffee table and end tables are always sold out. When I was actually looking for something else, I discovered that both pieces are in stock right now on Amazon. I also added them to the Farmhouse section of my Amazon store.
3.) FAVORITE QUOTE → “There are rare people who will show up at the right time, help you through the hard times, and stay into your best times…those are the keepers.”
4.) INSPIRING PLACES → This so beautiful home by the sea, this colorful cracker-style Florida home, Martha Stewart’s first ever restaurant, (you won’t believe where it is) and this stunning modern farmhouse that will make you sigh.
5.) WHAT I’M WATCHING → The Magic of Ordinary Days (for about the 15th time) and Hearts Down Under, both available on Hallmark Movies NOW via Amazon Prime. Wish You Well, 6 Below, and Thirteen Lives. All on Amazon Prime. Wedding Season and Purple Hearts on Netflix.
6.) WHAT’S FOR DINNER? Honestly, most of the time I have no idea! But…I recently made beef barley soup, a favorite of both my husband and my dad. I also made rosemary parmesan chicken with fresh rosemary from my herb garden. On the menu this week are ham and swiss sliders, and French bread pizza. We’re also enjoying fresh Ohio corn on the cob whenever we can, big juicy peaches, and delicious homegrown tomatoes. The perks of living in Ohio in August!
7.) It’s time to start thinking about pumpkin recipes…and stocking up on cans of pumpkin. A family favorite, and usually the first thing I bake when the weather turns cooler, is this moist pumpkin bread. We also love these so easy pumpkin pie turnovers.
8.) So…moving on from the subject of food, let’s talk fall wreaths. I’m putting together a huge email filled with simple front door ideas. If you aren’t on my subscriber list, just sign up here. I’m sending it tomorrow!
9.) NEW ON THE BLOG → I shared a big post full of fall planter ideas, and a new and improved recipe for applesauce bread. I also just put together a digital cookbook of my best apple recipes. If you would like your own copy, just fill out the form on this page.
10.) Signing off for now…have a lovely week.
Yvonne | StoneGable
1. The limelight hydrangeas and a few others are ready to bring in and dry! For about a month I’ll be picking and DRYING HYDRANGEAS THE EASY WAY for fall decorating. And make sure to check out EASY FALL MANTEL IDEAS. I share my secret for creating a “default” mantel and share lots of ideas for styling the perfect fall mantel.
2. Capsule Wardrobe Best Classic Accessories: these stylish blue light readers (I have these), these classic pearl earrings, this gorgeous silk scarf, this swoon-worthy handbag, this sturdy umbrella, and this watch.
3. It’s time to think about how to decorate our outdoor spaces for fall. My FALL PORCH AND PATIO TOUR has many ideas you can use in your home.
4. Fabulous Finds:
Under $50: this pretty catch-all, this 40-piece set of copper flatware ( I have these), my favorite chunky faux battery-operated candle, these pretty leaf appetizer dishes, so so cute fall doormat, and this lovely cloche pumpkin.
$50-$100: this pair of wall sconces, a set of two potted orchids, beautiful blue and white indoor/outdoor rug, this pretty end table, this beautiful wall mirror (sigh), and this stunning abstract tulip print.
$100-$200: et of two Capiz shell boxes (just got), pretty coffee table, this handsome chair in lots of colors, this gorgeous fall tablecloth, this stunning wall sconce, this pumpkin planter filler, and this fall tartan throw.
5. You will love this modern country guest house reveal! And see the renovation of the main modern country farmhouse too. Here’s a home that mixes traditional and modern styling with a smidgen of glam.
6. Inspiration from the home tours: I love the look of the wood on the ceiling of the guest house. Texture and accents make a home interesting. Strive for perfectly imperfect. The Dutch door in the country home makes me swoon. What a perfect back door. The trend might be anti-picture gallery. Obviously, the designers did not get the memo! Mixing styles in a home makes it all the more beautiful. I sit down with pen and paper as I’m touring these gorgeous homes and take notes! There is so much I can learn!
7. Fun and Interesting Facts: True or false, are dogs color blind? Besides whiskers on a cat’s face, where else do they have whiskers?
8. Design School: Here are some very informative posts that will help you be a better decorator. Every decorator makes mistakes. Actually, tons of them! Here are the 5 Most Common Decorating Mistakes And How To Fix Them. What You Need To Know About A Focal Point to help you style an amazing focal point every single time! And balance is such an important thing to know when you decorate. See Why Balance Is Important.
9. I’ve been in a big cooking mood lately! It’s all about fall flavors and aromas in our kitchen. I just remade my favorite fall cake. It’s called Raw Apple Cake and it’s so so easy. You don’t even have to peel the apples! And here are a couple of soups I’m making Nani’s Cabbage Soup and Italian Tortellini Soup With Sausage And Kale.
10. Do you know I have an Instagram Account and Two Facebook Accounts? Meet me there for more StoneGable and a more personal look at my life! Follow on Instagram HERE, and StoneGable on Facebook HERE, and Yvonne Pratt on Facebook HERE.
Answer to # 7- Dogs are not color blind. They can see blue and yellow but have trouble distinguishing between red and green. Cats actually have whiskers on the back of their front legs, who knew?
The Best Apple Recipes
This digital cookbook includes easy apple recipes your family will love. Each one is delicious, quick to make, and uses basic pantry ingredients. Just fill out this form and it will arrive in your email inbox shortly!